gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 12:31:06 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys in Roanoke, Virginia June 30, 2015  (Read 18682 times)
mel91679
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 04, 2015, 11:22:03 PM »

Hey there
I went to the Roanoke show on June 30. I work at the post office right across the street so I walked over and saved on the parking fees. The show was excellent so here is a setlist without capital letters and the times for the 8:00 show so here goes
7:58-films start and the band is onstage right at 8
Set 1-surfin, catch a wave, little honda, do it again, going to the beach, surfin safari, surfer girl, wendy, farmers daughter, good to my baby, why do fools fall in love, when i grow up to be a man, darlin, you're so good to me, be true to your school, ballad of ol betsy, dont worry baby, little deuce coupe, 409, shut down, i get around 8:56 pm.
Set 2-9:16pm california dreaming, sloop john b, wouldnt it be nice, then i kissed her, let him run wild, dance dance dance, california girls, their hearts were full of spring, disney girls, god only knows, pisces brothers, good vibrations, all summer long, help me rhonda, do you wanna dance, rock and roll music, barbara ann, surfin usa, kokomo, fun fun fun. Off stage at 10:25
I thought the show was excellent. We had about 1200 there so lots of empty seats even though they reduced the price of tickets to $25 for one day only before the show. First thing Mike said was he so felt like being a smart butt tonight and went into a rant about the Confederate flag which drew loads of cheers. I agreed with him. I am no racist nor was I for the south in the war but the flag is about as racist as Captain Kangaroo but as long as it cures cancer, solves the health insurance crisis and prevents all wars and gets the Dukes Of Hazzard pulled off of tv reruns, then I suppose it is ok to ban it. Mike also said another good thing about social media and said he cant even crack a joke without being crucified for it.
During the show a woman held up a book sold in the lobby. Bruce took it and he and Mike signed it onstage. On the last song, several and myself went to the front to jam and Bruce got my tourbook and I got mine signed  by Bruce, Mike and 2 of the band. Very cool indeed. After the show, I went to where the bus was and there were all of 4 of us out there. Bruce was very nice, saw us and came right over. He does not look his age. He also signed my setlist that the roadie gave me. I told him that they needed to film one of these shows for a dvd. I also told him that All Summer Long was my favorite song and that they should do the whole song instead of half of it. He shrugged on that and on filming a show. The keyboard player also came over and asked if we needed anything. I asked him to sign my setlist and he said "I dont sign setlists". My thought was "ooooookkkkkaaaaaayyyy". Swell fellow. We saw Mike get on the bus and one of the girls travelling with them said he would come out after he changed clothes and rested up. Mike looks like he has lost a few pounds since 2012. It then started raining so I decided to walk back across the street to where my car was in the work parking lot. I got soaked. But I had a great time and for those of you who have doubts about going to see them, I say dont hesitate, go. A night to remember. Cheers everyone.
Joe
elnombre
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 02:45:30 AM »

I'm sure the fact that a 70+ year old millionaire white guy doesn't find the confederate flag racist will have great sway over the descendants of black slaves. Lovely stuff.
mabewa
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 11:19:16 PM »

I'm sure the fact that a 70+ year old millionaire white guy doesn't find the confederate flag racist will have great sway over the descendants of black slaves. Lovely stuff.

Heh heh...
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx