gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 07:46:24 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Brian Interview  (Read 4987 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« on: July 03, 2015, 12:28:47 PM »

In which our resident musical deity discusses L&M, marijuana legalization, and more...

http://www.denverpost.com/music/ci_28417286/brian-wilson-says-hes-not-americas-mozart-bach

Actually, it's a short bit of fluff, and you can tell the interviewer doesn't really know his sh*t, but hey, it's Brian, so...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 12:30:25 PM by ♩♬ Billyman ♯♫♩ » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 12:33:13 PM »

A decent read...I'd really like to know which Bach piece has a Beach Boys shuffle........  LOL

Personality wise, Brian totally fits the stereotype that Beethoven sort of unintentionally created.
Cool Cool Water
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't Edit Yourself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 11:41:28 AM »

In which our resident musical deity discusses L&M, marijuana legalization, and more...

http://www.denverpost.com/music/ci_28417286/brian-wilson-says-hes-not-americas-mozart-bach

Actually, it's a short bit of fluff, and you can tell the interviewer doesn't really know his sh*t, but hey, it's Brian, so...

Great interview, thanks for posting!
ppk700
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 11:55:47 AM »

That was an enjoyable interview. Interesting to know Brian's stance on marijuana legalization.
Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 12:05:03 PM »

"I think (legalization) is good if people do it in moderation. If you get hooked on it and it becomes too much of a habit, I don't think it's a cool idea, though."

Very cool. I share the same view on it. I'm surprised Brian isn't against it tho, considering how (understandably) anti-drug he is now. I respect him for removing his own history from the equation and being open-minded about it though.

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2015, 01:03:16 PM »

A decent read...I'd really like to know which Bach piece has a Beach Boys shuffle........  LOL

Ode To Joy, apparently.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2015, 01:26:12 PM »

"I think (legalization) is good if people do it in moderation. If you get hooked on it and it becomes too much of a habit, I don't think it's a cool idea, though."

Very cool. I share the same view on it. I'm surprised Brian isn't against it tho, considering how (understandably) anti-drug he is now. I respect him for removing his own history from the equation and being open-minded about it though.

Given that Landy allowed him to smoke weed in the '80s and '90s, I would expect his anti-drug stance is mostly against the hard stuff.
send me a picture and i'll tell you
Smiley Smile Associate

spilling my phector

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2015, 02:03:39 PM »

Not sure he's totally against it these days...

that's it, who here wants to touch d***s? all in a row, just run your hand across several of them and hit them like you're bret hart tagging your fans as you approach the ring wearing teh pink sunglasses in 1993     ----runnersdialzero

We have a little extra meat onstage. The audience can feel it.   --Al Jardine

pLeAsUrE iSlAnD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ppk700
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2015, 02:13:13 PM »

LOL

In all seriousness though, if he has back problems, perhaps a little medical marijuana helps him feel better. Helps with anxiety, too... I'm definitely not saying that from personal experience  Wink
nakostopoulos
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2015, 02:19:15 PM »

I mean, I don't want to appear to equivocate, but were the hallucinations magnified by weed or primarily by LSD? Maybe he has less negative feelings for what marijuana did for him...
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2015, 02:22:27 PM »

In some of his interviews, he's lumped weed together with all drugs. This one however he was asked specifically,  so he gave a specific answer

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2015, 02:30:02 PM »

I mean, I don't want to appear to equivocate, but were the hallucinations magnified by weed or primarily by LSD? Maybe he has less negative feelings for what marijuana did for him...

My point is that given that he kept smoking it after he detoxed from everything else, I don't think he has particular negative feelings about casual use. For that matter, he sometimes drinks, too.

The thing is, Brian's problem has never been drug addiction per se. It was that he had bipolar disorder that he was attempting to treat with street narcotics. Once that underlying disorder was addressed, there's no reason he couldn't have a beer or a joint now and then.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 03:37:03 PM by Wirestone » Logged
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2015, 03:04:56 PM »

The accompanying pic was auto-tinted?  Man he looks a bit weary in the other pic further into the thread.  Still got the full head of hair though.  I'm going to see him tomorrow night.  S'Gonna be GREAT!!!

Look out Detoilet...Here I come. Wink

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2015, 03:12:13 PM »

My point is that given that he kept smoking it after he detoxed from everything else, I don't think he has particular negative feelings about casual use. For that matter, he sometimes drinks, too.

The thing is, Brian's problem has never been drug addiction per se. It was that he had untreated bipolar disorder that he was attempting to treat with street narcotics. Once that underlying disorder was treated, there's no reason he couldn't have a beer or a joint now and then.

And while I support the legalization of psychedelics too, untreated mental illnesses with them is a big no-no

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2015, 04:00:39 PM »

The thing is, Brian's problem has never been drug addiction per se. It was that he had bipolar disorder that he was attempting to treat with street narcotics. Once that underlying disorder was addressed, there's no reason he couldn't have a beer or a joint now and then.

Speaking from personal experience...

I was diagnosed with severe bipolar disorder some years ago, and I was put on medication for it. Well, it made things worse, to the point where I spent months in bed, only getting out to piss, sh*t, and take the occasional shower (sound familiar?). I realized what was happening to me, thankfully, and quit taking them. Instead, I started smoking weed (in moderation, the way people who drink have a beer or two) and got out of my funk.  I still do, again in moderation, and when  do it stops me from getting too low (or too up, which people who don't suffer from it may not realize is just as bad as the downs).

ForHerCryingSoul
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2015, 04:57:48 PM »

LOL

In all seriousness though, if he has back problems, perhaps a little medical marijuana helps him feel better. Helps with anxiety, too... I'm definitely not saying that from personal experience  Wink
Off-topic question: is that cart for handicapped people (would Brian would use it because it's hard for him to walk)?  He looks like he's goofing off too, so there's that.  Smiley
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2015, 05:04:54 PM »

Its a picture from 2012

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,13809.0.html
boco
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2015, 07:13:38 PM »

Ode To Joy, apparently.

There's at least one other interview on YouTube where Brian brought this up (don't remember where... Maybe Q TV or Strombo or something?). He definitely spoke the wrong title here, but the example he sings for interviews is "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring".
startBBtoday
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2015, 07:26:37 PM »

LOL

Off-topic question: is that cart for handicapped people (would Brian would use it because it's hard for him to walk)?  He looks like he's goofing off too, so there's that.  Smiley

It's a luggage cart.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2015, 07:30:10 PM »

Ode to Joy is by Beethoven.

Jesu is in Lady Lynda.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2015, 08:45:11 PM »

I was diagnosed with severe bipolar disorder some years ago, and I was put on medication for it. Well, it made things worse, to the point where I spent months in bed, only getting out to piss, sh*t, and take the occasional shower (sound familiar?). I realized what was happening to me, thankfully, and quit taking them. Instead, I started smoking weed (in moderation, the way people who drink have a beer or two) and got out of my funk.  I still do, again in moderation, and when  do it stops me from getting too low (or too up, which people who don't suffer from it may not realize is just as bad as the downs).

They should have used you as Brian's body double for the in bed scenes in L&M

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2015, 08:55:25 PM »

Ode to Joy is by Beethoven.

Jesu is in Lady Lynda.

Correct...still not feeling any Bach pieces in a shuffle...
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2015, 09:21:21 PM »

They should have used you as Brian's body double for the in bed scenes in L&M
I have his 1979 beard, so...

Smiley Smile Associate

spilling my phector

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2015, 09:34:20 PM »

« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 10:32:11 PM by send me a picture and i'll tell you » Logged

that's it, who here wants to touch d***s? all in a row, just run your hand across several of them and hit them like you're bret hart tagging your fans as you approach the ring wearing teh pink sunglasses in 1993     ----runnersdialzero

Smiley Smile Associate

spilling my phector

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2015, 10:34:43 PM »

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx