gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:48:42 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys posters  (Read 3411 times)
GoogaMooga
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 02, 2015, 06:16:26 AM »

So, what have you got?

I've always wanted this one, vintage 1976 Brian in bathrobe, taken from the Rolling Stone feature, Mark London design:

Here's another one I missed when it was on sale, Mark London design again:

My only BB poster, and Brian's got his eyes closed, mine is without venue and dates, plain:
urbanite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 06:18:44 AM »

I have the Beach Boys at the Washington Monument, 1984 or 85.
GoogaMooga
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 06:22:17 AM »

Was that the first of the 4th of July concerts, before an audience of one million?
urbanite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 06:26:06 AM »

It was the return concert, after they had been banned.  Landy came with Brian to the event.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 06:30:07 AM »

It was the return concert, after they had been banned.  Landy came with Brian to the event.

That would be 1984 most likely then. They did also play DC again in 1985, but 1984 was the first since 1981.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 06:40:50 AM »

I don't have too many, all collected in the more recent era. I don't have a pic of mine, but I have this one, handed out for free after my first Brian show in 1999:

This one was from the 2001 Paul Simon tour. I think Mark London did this one too. Not my favorite design concept (and apparently the original idea to have both Brian and Paul Simon on it fell through when Simon said he wouldn't appear on it):

This is a rare "West Coast" variant of the PS 40th Anniversay tour poster by Mark London; I have the story of how I found this one (complete with autographs) on my Facebook page (linked below):

This is from the short string of 2007 US dates (got this at the 6/11 show with Brian and Al):

Got this very unique poster from the Berkeley show on the Beach Boys' 50th anniversary tour from 2012:

Got this rather boring (what happened to the cool posters like those sold in 2006 and 2007?) poster from the 2013 Beck tour:

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
GoogaMooga
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 06:44:20 AM »

I really like your 50th Berkeley poster, never saw that design before!
Marty Castillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2015, 08:40:40 AM »

I recently added these to my collection. They are both from May 1983 promoting concerts following baseball games in San Diego and Seattle:

NHC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2015, 08:18:27 PM »

I had several from their several 1980s era post-game concerts at Candlestick Park (San Francisco Giants) but lost all but one in a fire at my parents house in 2000, where we had left them with other items while living overseas, along with a couple of others. Still have two or three, I think, one of them from a Cal-Expo show in Sacramento in 1983 with Pablo Cruise, one from 1987. I loved the first Candlestick poster from1982 - a San Francisco cable car climbing up over a baseball. I'd love t have another one of those. The only one on display is from the Las Vegas C-50 show, hanging over the piano, along with a round 2004 SMILE poster my wife framed for me with the tickets from Houston and Grand Prairie, on a side wall.
CosmicDancer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2015, 05:59:28 AM »

I've posted this before, but I'll do so again as it fits the theme of the thread.  I was able to get this 3ftx3ft version of the SMiLE artwork from my local indie record store after they were through using it for the promotion of TSS box set.  Paid $10 bucks for it.  Unfortunately, it had gotten damaged a bit as you can see with the crease in the middle of it, but I really didn't care.  I've still to this day never seen another piece like it, though I'm sure that more do exist.  My Dad and I built a custom frame for the display and now I proudly hang it in my music room with a lot of other music memorabilia.  It's easily my favorite of them all.  I'm very proud of it.  Sorry about the glare in the photo.

The Un-Funny Alliance:  Are you not "good at being funny"?  Join us today in our mission to make the world a less funny place one "easy" fart joke at a time!
undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2015, 10:59:41 PM »

^ that's awesome! I've always wanted one of those huge posters from record stores, and ten bucks is such a steal for something that big. If there's any album you should proudly display, it's that one Smiley

"We are pushed to the wall as the heap fills the room to its limits. The window breaks. The house bursts. A heartbreakingly fine Scotch plaid passes before our eyes. Pinstripes carry us into Manhasset Bay."
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2015, 01:46:18 PM »

I recently added these to my collection. They are both from May 1983 promoting concerts following baseball games in San Diego and Seattle:

I have the Mariners one. Was given out to all fans at the game/concert. Also have a promo poster for The Beach Boys: An American Band.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx