gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 04:46:48 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: wish list  (Read 7372 times)
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2006, 01:25:27 PM »

Is there anything we WOULDN'T want released, when it comes down to it?

"Battle Hymn Of The Republic", "Wrinkles" & "Rubles".

Since you asked.  Ahhh!

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2006, 02:42:02 PM »

Is there anything we WOULDN'T want released, when it comes down to it?

"Battle Hymn Of The Republic", "Wrinkles" & "Rubles".

Since you asked.  Ahhh!

Ah, Andrew, but then you've heard these tracks and many folk ain't!

Like Jasper Daley's attempts at fame, they might not have pleased the few ears to have eared them, but I for one am still curious and wish to have them in my collection because I am guilty of an avaristic consumerism that knows no bounds when it comes to the Beach Boys.

I have, incidentally, heard Battle Hymn, and while I agree that for the good of mankind it should never have a mainstream release, it could be reasonably released via Beachboyscentral.com – as least as a free bonus track at the tail end of some disc packed with audible delights!

“We live in divisive times.”
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2006, 06:10:30 PM »

Wrinkles is a good song, in my opinion.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2006, 05:23:51 AM »

Would love a box set of the live gigs that formed the basis to the 2LP early 70s release.

Or, even better, The single "In Concert LP" which was withdrawn in favor of de double-lp. I'd love to hear a good live-version of You Need A Mess Of Help To Stand Alone.

Erm, you'd rather have the single disc than a box? How about a box of everything that's available live from that peeriod, with the single disc thrown in as a bonus, a la Sea of Tunes Beach Boys Party! box set. Compromise?

“We live in divisive times.”
Ken.W
Honored Guest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2006, 06:29:37 AM »

Bring out the Dennis and Daryll album  Cool Guy

"You're entitled to protect your copyright. You're not entitled to control the Internet," - Federal Court Justice Murray Wilcox
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2006, 07:37:37 AM »

Would love a box set of the live gigs that formed the basis to the 2LP early 70s release.

Or, even better, The single "In Concert LP" which was withdrawn in favor of de double-lp. I'd love to hear a good live-version of You Need A Mess Of Help To Stand Alone.

Erm, you'd rather have the single disc than a box? How about a box of everything that's available live from that peeriod, with the single disc thrown in as a bonus, a la Sea of Tunes Beach Boys Party! box set. Compromise?

No need to compromise, I can easily live with that...

But if it were only to be the single In Concert, then that's acceptable as well...

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2006, 12:21:03 AM »

I'll keep it simple:

Pacific Ocean Blue re-issue
Still Cruisin'/Summer In Paradise 2fer (just to complete the series)
Smile box set
Hawthorne, CA Vol. 2
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2006, 01:45:33 AM »

Stars & Stripes Vol. 2.

LOL

HELL foda NO  Grin

OK, imagine this:

All surviving Beach Boys announce they're going to record one final Beach Boys album together... Even Ricky & Blondie are there... Brian & Mike tell everyone that wants to hear it that they get along better than ever before... There are all kinds of rumors on the internet... Some say Brian & Mike started writing songs together... Another source tells us they're going to record unreleased old material... A well informed inside source says they're going to finish the original Smile recordings together...

And then, a few months later, the first preview track appears on the internet:

Barbara Ann, with Billy Ray Cyrus on lead vocals.

Grin
Andreas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2006, 03:48:55 AM »

A Smile sessions box set is number 1 on my wish list.
Also, a Good Vibrations sessions CD.

A Hawthorne, CA, Volume 2 release should contain:
1. Five stereo remixes, e.g. Why Do Fools Fall In Love, Do You Wanna Dance, Please Let Me Wonder, She's Going Bald, Here Comes The Night (if possible)
2. Five instrumental stereo mixes, e.g. In The Back Of My Mind, Guess I'm Dumb, The Little Girl I Once Knew, Darlin', Do It Again
3. Five vocals-only stereo mixes, e.g. All Summer Long, She Knows Me Too Well, Friends, Breakaway, This Whole World
4. Sandy and Sherry She Needs Me (also the vocal-less instrumental track of the latter, if it exists)
5. Various versions of Back Home
6. The remaining unreleased Landlocked era songs, especially Lady, Sound Of Free and the original Big Sur
7. Carry Me Home, Wouldn't It be Nice To Live Together
8. We Got Love
9. Lazy Lizzie
10. Marilyn Rovell
11. You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
12. The remaining unreleased Adult Child tracks.
13. Some Love You demos
14. Bamboo
15. California Feeling (all versions)
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2006, 04:37:37 AM »

I would love to see, among other projects, a Brian-solo-piano CD, where he plays and sings accompanied only by his piano. This could be released as a bonus-disc for his new album, which I also really want to hear !

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2006, 06:37:07 AM »

I would love to see, among other projects, a Brian-solo-piano CD, where he plays and sings accompanied only by his piano. This could be released as a bonus-disc for his new album, which I also really want to hear !

I would enjoy this if it was Brian 64-70/71.

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx