gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680815 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 09:19:04 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys Vinyl Box Set  (Read 1672 times)
Coda Hall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2015, 11:49:23 AM »

In the past, we discussed what could we expect from Pets Sounds 50th next year, and for the most part, everything's been done. Last night, an idea popped into mind. Pet Sounds will be the highest praised BB album. In 2066, im sure this will still be the highest praised album. Since next year celebrates 50 years of their "greatest" album, why not release a BB vinyl box set, like the Beatles did in 2012?

Picture it, the 28 studio albums, with the original 3 live albums, all on 180g vinyl. I'd love to hear some ideas on this, as well as some contributions.
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 12:01:00 PM »

It would have been a great, and expensive idea but pretty much all the albums have been reissued on vinyl last year and this year with the best mastering there is likely to be.

Have you seen these reissues?

I doubt they would do it all again next year. I would like a couple of boxes to put all the AP and Capitol reissues in though!
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 12:02:04 PM »

Hate to sound a negative Nancy but Analogue and Universal, between them, will have reissued upwards of 20 or more LPs by the end of the year(ish) in darn good remastered form… only a handful of albums have been passed over. Even the hardcore fans would struggle to justify forking out so soon for another set.

And surely the Knebworth and 2012 live sets should be included? Love them or hate them, they're canon.

“We live in divisive times.”
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 12:23:40 PM »

Hate to sound a negative Nancy but Analogue and Universal, between them, will have reissued upwards of 20 or more LPs by the end of the year(ish) in darn good remastered form… only a handful of albums have been passed over. Even the hardcore fans would struggle to justify forking out so soon for another set.

And surely the Knebworth and 2012 live sets should be included? Love them or hate them, they're canon.

But they're going tyo package all the Analogue and Universal Albums in one big box set and sell it for $50 !!

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 12:24:54 PM »

As above bold , YES I would certainly shoot that bugger out of a large gun
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 12:28:14 PM »

But they're going tyo package all the Analogue and Universal Albums in one big box set and sell it for $50 !!

Yeah , with the option of a damn flashing 3D Surfboard (stuck in a sand pit with authentic vintage dog sh*t) for $ 77,500
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 12:29:41 PM by Rob Dean » Logged
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2015, 02:10:05 PM »

I'm selling the dog sh*t separately, $5 a scoop…

But seriouly (for a mo') back on topic -  what about bonus tracks, on vinyl, as a lure?  Hawthorne CA? Endless Harmony? Stack o' Tracks? Made in CA?

“We live in divisive times.”
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2015, 02:11:45 PM »

I want an LP of the "BBs live at the village hall" Wink

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2015, 02:19:42 PM »

But seriouly (for a mo') back on topic -  what about bonus tracks, on vinyl, as a lure?  Hawthorne CA? Endless Harmony? Stack o' Tracks? Made in CA?

Actually/Seriously, I would love to have a remastered Wild Honey (2012 Mix please - the WH stuff on 50 Big Ones is superb) on Vinyl and yes we have most if not all the other stuff on recent/near releases HOWEVER I would love MIC on a Vinyl box set release.
Coda Hall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2015, 03:48:35 PM »

I would love Endless Harmony and Hawthorne, CA on vinyl!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx