gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680814 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 06:36:33 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: When will mike love sue?  (Read 2213 times)
jpinmyroom
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 30, 2015, 01:42:27 PM »

Hi all. Ive been away from this site for a few years but recently returned to find out whether anyone agreed with me about the UK tour being cancelled due to poor ticket sales and not the reason we were given and it appears alot of ppl do. Any my question is relatin to L&M and given his history i am expectin a law suit from mike love pretty soon about the film 'not representing him in true light' etc etc and use of the beach boys name etc etc. Its only a matter of time isnt it? Im surprised it hasnt happened already
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 01:46:23 PM »

Why do you care?

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 01:49:06 PM »

Oh, this ain't gonna end well...

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 01:54:01 PM »

Oh, this ain't gonna end well...
LOL

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 01:57:59 PM »

A lawsuit is highly unlikely. I don’t think they could prove any defamation/slander/libel, and I think even in their estranged state, the guys must like at least a bit of equilibrium in their “late” years at least in terms of no pending lawsuits. Seriously, ever since the mid-2000’s “Smile” related lawsuits got laughed out of court, and the various dregs of Al-BRI related lawsuits wrapped up, is this perhaps the longest stretch the guys have gone without some sort of pending lawsuit involving some amount of members and/or BRI?

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
jpinmyroom
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 02:03:50 PM »

Why do you care?

I dont its just something ive been thinking about and thought id see what other fellow BB fans thought...i thought this is the whole point of a general topics discussion thread??
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 02:06:52 PM »

Obvious troll thread is obvious.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2015, 02:10:34 PM »

It is a rather troll-ish thread topic. It is worth noting though, that I recall some fans 100% jokingly saying back in 2003/2004, “What if Mike sued over Brian’s new version of “Smile” for some reason?”, and then it kinda sorta did happen.

Crazier things have happened. Trolls notwithstanding, Mike suing over L&M wouldn’t be the *craziest* thing I’ve seen happen with this band. That being said, there isn’t anything to really provide a basis for discussing such a theory. Fans and detractors alike, if they’ve actually seen the movie, would see how little basis anybody would have in suing over anything in this movie.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2015, 02:18:24 PM »

It is a rather troll-ish thread topic. It is worth noting though, that I recall some fans 100% jokingly saying back in 2003/2004, “What if Mike sued over Brian’s new version of “Smile” for some reason?”, and then it kinda sorta did happen.

Crazier things have happened. Trolls notwithstanding, Mike suing over L&M wouldn’t be the *craziest* thing I’ve seen happen with this band. That being said, there isn’t anything to really provide a basis for discussing such a theory. Fans and detractors alike, if they’ve actually seen the movie, would see how little basis anybody would have in suing over anything in this movie.

Yeah, I'm not saying it's not out of the realm of possibilities, but until then this is just a troll thread that anyone with common sense knows will end in the same idiotic debates.
Ram4
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2015, 02:24:20 PM »

He can sue all he wants, the movie is already out, and people are going to make their own minds up about it.  Besides, I don't think it makes Mike look that bad.  While he comes off as not supportive to Brian's musical direction with Pet Sounds and SMiLE (which fans would side with Brian), he also is not happy with Brian doing drugs (fans might side with Mike on that) and how he's ruining the formula (casual fans like my Mom who love the classic 1962-65 era would be with Mike on that too), so I really don't see Mike as being portrayed in a bad light in the movie.  If anything, he comes across as a concerned friend who is trying to talk sense into someone who is trying to fix something that at the time wasn't broken.  And Mike was right, Pet Sounds was lucky to go gold in the US, so he had a right to be concerned after the huge success they had leading up to that.  You have to put yourself into his mind circa 1966.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2015, 02:34:38 PM »

Slightly ot but I went to the movie 2 days ago, loved it, but thought about Carol Kayes comments from a few weeks back. The movie was highly complementary of the studio musicians having many of them introduced by name by Brian/ Dano to Tony Asher I recall. He respected their skills, contributions and included many of their suggestions. I don't think he used the term 'Wrecking Crew' which I know upsets CK.

Getting a name check in a movie surely out weighs a minor detail of never wearing a fireman's helmet.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 03:02:08 PM by Pretty Funky » Logged
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2015, 03:14:17 PM »

Why do you care?

I dont its just something ive been thinking about and thought id see what other fellow BB fans thought...i thought this is the whole point of a general topics discussion thread??

Here's a thought: When you don't care about something, don't post trollish questions about it, trying to stirup crap.
 You're not looking for discussion, you simply want  more sh*t

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2015, 03:27:53 PM »

Agreed. I'm closing this

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx