gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680849 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 06:13:58 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Saw the Beach Boys tonight  (Read 921 times)
DennysDrums83
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2015, 08:41:43 PM »

I saw the Beach Boys tonight in Charleston, WV.  It was great concert.  My favorite part of was "God Only Knows".  Before the song, Mike Love made the statement "No one sings this song like Carl Wilson, so why try?"  They used the same video and vocal track that was used on the 50th anniversary tour.  The last time Carl came to Charleston with the group was in 1986.  I was only 3 years old then, so this was a cool experience.

I also got to meet Mike, Bruce, Jeff, and Scott.  I can't say enough about Bruce.  What a classy fella!  He came over and talked to us 4 different times before the sound check.  He took pictures and signed autographs for anyone who want one.  At one point, one of the security guards tried to make us leave.  Bruce said "Hey man.  These are my fans.  It's cool."  Mike didn't come off the bus until just minutes before the concert started.  He said he would be back after the show.  I could tell he was in hurry to get on the bus after the show (can't blame him) and he tried to get to as many people as he could.
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 02:08:00 PM »

That must've been a great experience. I'm so jealous.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx