gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 12:03:26 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: An American Family  (Read 5823 times)
lostbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2015, 07:18:48 AM »

Ok you people are starting to yap about something else. So I repeat....

What are the goofs... The inaccuracies.. The mistakes?

Example.. The final scene in Anaheim in 74 when Bruce is in the band but not supposed to be.
Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2015, 07:25:11 AM »

I'm not a stickler for dates and details on recording sessions and stuff like that. I'm more interested in personalities. It's also been a long time since I've seen it.  Along those lines, and by memory only, Murry was well played, I thought. Mike was very well portrayed by the actor, but his importance seemed to be overstated. Brian was well played in the first half, then became a slobbering idiot in the second half.

For all of its faults and the slandering of Brian's personality post-SMiLE, I really did enjoy this movie when it originally played, and it was the reason I dug a little deeper into Beach Boys history.
Please delete my account
Smiley Smile Associate

Please delete my account

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2015, 08:03:30 AM »

Doesn't it imply that "Add Some Music To Your Day" was written (and recorded) by the others without Brian? (Because he was in bed between Smile and Endless Summer, right?)

Please delete my account
GoogaMooga
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2015, 08:36:59 AM »

The reason why Carl vomited was apparently that he got so excited upon hearing Surifin' on the radio, that he went and drank six milkshakes.
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2015, 09:44:51 AM »

Doesn't it imply that "Add Some Music To Your Day" was written (and recorded) by the others without Brian? (Because he was in bed between Smile and Endless Summer, right?)

Yep, he came down in the studio to interrupt their trivial recording in order to play some bizarre two-chord thing on the piano as they looked on and wondered what had happened to the old Brian they used to know.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2015, 09:48:01 AM »

Yep, he came down in the studio to interrupt their trivial recording in order to play some bizarre two-chord thing on the piano as they looked on and wondered what had happened to the old Brian they used to know.
you understand this classic well! Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Komera
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2015, 12:54:03 PM »

Example.. The final scene in Anaheim in 74 when Bruce is in the band but not supposed to be.

I'm working on it!  I've got one tab open, and Real Player currently sitting at almost an hour into it.  My toddler son is being just enough of a cute adorable butt that I have to save absolutely everything I do for late night.  Gawd, I hope the power doesn't go out before I finish.

~~ The MeAjur Komera Waddi ~~
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2015, 01:13:43 PM »

You are a brave soul. Cool

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2015, 02:43:48 PM »

And Brian was coaxed out onto the stage to play keys. Nice little moment. Shame it never happened. Not least because, uh, the band didn't play Anaheim in 1974.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Komera
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2015, 12:58:07 PM »

I'm working on it!  I've got one tab open, and Real Player currently sitting at almost an hour into it.  My toddler son is being just enough of a cute adorable butt that I have to save absolutely everything I do for late night.  Gawd, I hope the power doesn't go out before I finish.

Well, looks like it's going to be a bit longer.  My speakers have died.  They came off of my very first did-not-have-to-share-with-anyone-else computer (Packard-Bell from '97) which I persisted in using because they plugged into a wall outlet and thus had better volume than the more modern plug-only-into-the-computer speakers.  18 years is pretty good for speakers, they had a good life.

I haven't forgotten to do this.  I swear it will be done. ... ... ...  SoonTM
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 01:00:12 PM by Komera » Logged

~~ The MeAjur Komera Waddi ~~
Gerry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2015, 06:39:00 PM »

They never seem to get Brian's sense of humor. He is always presented as a caricature . I would actually like to see someone buy the rights to it and burn it.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx