gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680815 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 09:25:03 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How will Brian handle his kids when they are teenagers?  (Read 11106 times)
cta
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2006, 12:01:42 PM »

If Brian yelled at me I wouldn't even want to play with a beach ball anymore.. I'd be too sad.

Don't be such a Blueboarder.

Singers think they can yell at their audience in case they get distracted.

But a bunch of kids get bashed up in a pit, oh no big deal.  It's only them getting distracted, not you. 

Stop buying their tickets...that'll will make them be more focused.

As for Brian's daughters...hmm, interesting theory, but then again, I personally could care less. 

Most guys know that teenage girls who come from well off backgrounds and have been "programmed" as you say, start putting out like no other around 14 or so. 

I came from a very well-to-do neighborhood, full of private schools - all this "child care" stuff - and I gotta tell you...I had a FUN teenage life with those rich girls.  Show creativity and some dimension to your personality...they're like butter!  (Just like buttah!)

That would give ol' Brian a nice blast in the ticker knowing that.  His daughters were rather wild ones.   Sure, they didn't have their father around, but you don't need dad there or not to keep a rich girl from creative backgrounds to start sowing her oats early. 

That whole "father was/wasn't around" truly shows it's benefits, or lack thereof, in someone's 20's.   Varies on person to person, but generally speaking, that's the basically the rule of thumb...and from what I've seen, is very true.

I'm serious! 
« Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 12:08:00 PM by cta » Logged

Feh.
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2006, 12:10:01 PM »

Great post, man. Every word finds me in complete agreeage.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
Jason
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2006, 12:14:13 PM »

Mr. cta has hit the nail on the head, friends.

I wonder what would happen if this thread ended up on the bloobored...
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2006, 12:54:31 PM »

Here's how you become a Blueboarder.

"I Googled this guy and he's really an engineer with a finger in lots of different stuff. Claims to have engineered BB albums for 4 years (1968-1972; you could validate this by examining the CD/vinyl credits)."

"Whether or not he has permission to "remaster" BB CDs is anyone's guess. Google him and decide for yourself what's up... "

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2006, 12:56:19 PM »

Do I have to say it??

FUM HIM THE MOURDOUROUS BASTARD!

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2006, 12:59:41 PM »

Do I have to say it??

FUM HIM THE MOURDOUROUS BASTARD!

Ahhhhhh........that's better. Now, to imbibe.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2006, 01:53:21 PM »

Blah, you people got me all wrong.

It would be the fact that the fact that I was doing something bothered someone so much that during a concert they were giving that they would have to take the time to yell at me. Hell, if I were at a Backstreet Boys concert for some reason and one of the guys yelled at me I'd be sad.

Nothing like "oh dear, I've let down my idol, the great Brian Wilson, I heard he was in that deli down the street a few years ago, let's probe it for toenail clippings, then maybe I can clone him and have my own Brian and make him sing Solar System for me every night before I go to bed, that would be keen"

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2006, 02:35:58 PM »

...The great Brian Wilson, I heard he was in that deli down the street a few years ago, let's probe it for toenail clippings, then maybe I can clone him and have my own Brian and make him sing Solar System for me every night before I go to bed, that would be keen"

This would be the best thread ever. What would you make your Brian Wilson clone do?

I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2006, 03:11:36 PM »

Tell me about the dangers of smog inhalation for hours...sans pants.

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2006, 03:31:40 PM »

Tell me about the dangers of smog inhalation for hours...sans pants.

If I had a nickel.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2006, 07:30:54 PM »

Brian doesn't exactly have longetivity on his side, Murry died at 56, Audree at 80. He'll probably leave us around age 70.[/quotes]

Yikes, dude, let's not speculate about that.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
petsoundsnola
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2015, 01:18:58 PM »

Brian doesn't exactly have longetivity on his side, Murry died at 56, Audree at 80. He'll probably leave us around age 70.[/quotes]

Yikes, dude, let's not speculate about that.

9 years after this post, and Brian is thankfully still with us and having a wonderful 2015.  We are very fortunate and blessed that he is continuing to create and share his gifts with us.  So much has happened since 2006!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2015, 01:29:00 PM »

Amen to that!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2015, 10:03:13 PM »

This was such an interesting thread...

one thing that came to mind reading back over it though, is that Brian is most certainly a extraordinary individual.  It's interesting trying to imagine what kind of father he would be, but I think he's shown a penchant over the years for having some simple truths that he champions and tries to live his life around, I imagine that kind of mentality would be pretty helpful raising children. 

There's no guarantees, but many times when children are complete basketcases and out of control, it stems from a lack of love BETWEEN their parents (coming from a broken home, or a screwed up home that ought to be seperated).  Brian and Melinda seem to have a good relationship which has probably benefited their children immeasurably.
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2015, 09:46:15 PM »

Just being there is 99% of parenting.  It's when you try to do anything more than that, that you lower your odds to something more like 50/50.

Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2015, 06:22:08 AM »

It looks to me like Brian's kids adore him, particularly after seeing that interview with Daria. I would guess that he's not the one grounding the kids or putting them in time out, but he's probably there for them when he can be, in his own way. Remember the video of Brian showing one of his daughters (Daria or Delaney) how to hit a ball with a bat? Being present and showing love counts for a lot.
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2015, 04:07:08 PM »

I was touched by the story about his oldest daughter taking pictures of the piers and Brian saying 'that's the front cover!' So cool!

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx