gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 07:28:48 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chris Squire to miss first Yes tour in 47 years.  (Read 1439 times)
mel91679
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 23, 2015, 06:15:44 PM »

Hey everyone
A friend just told me this and it shocked me. Chris Squire who is the only original member of Yes has leukemia and will miss his first tour since 1968. This is a real bummer. Billy Sherwood, a former member will take the bass part. I sure hope Chris makes it but you cant party hard all the time can you without consequences. Be good everyone.
Joe
BrianAlDaveFan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 11:57:23 PM »

I hope he makes a full recovery, and I'm sorry he has to miss out on the tour!
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 03:17:12 AM »

Bad news, to be sure. Have courage, sir. You are in our thoughts, as is the uplifting music you have given us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daWSplj60hg

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
SBonilla
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 05:44:03 AM »

Hey everyone
A friend just told me this and it shocked me. Chris Squire who is the only original member of Yes has leukemia and will miss his first tour since 1968. This is a real bummer. Billy Sherwood, a former member will take the bass part. I sure hope Chris makes it but you cant party hard all the time can you without consequences. Be good everyone.
Joe

Leukemia is a consequence of partying hard? Who knew?
SMiLE-addict
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2015, 08:42:48 PM »

Oh no sad to hear. Sad Hang in there Chris!
SMiLE-addict
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2015, 08:47:40 PM »

Uh oh, and the type of leukemia he has doesn't sound good. Sad
http://blog.seattlepi.com/people/2015/05/19/yes-bassist-chris-squire-diagnosed-with-leukemia/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acute_erythroid_leukemia
Information on prognosis is limited by the rarity of the condition. Prognosis appears to be no different to AML in general, taking into account other risk factors.[9][10] Acute erythroid leukemia (M6) has a relatively poor prognosis. A 2010 study of 124 patients found a median overall survival of 8 months.[10] A 2009 study on 91 patients found a median overall survival for erythroleukemia patients of 36 weeks, with no statistically significant difference to other AML patients.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 08:48:54 PM by SMiLE-addict » Logged
Kurosawa
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2015, 09:55:48 PM »

John Wetton of King Crimson, Family, UK and ASIA also has been sick, he had a tumor removed in May. Not a good time to be a classic prog rock bass player it seems.  Sad

Member of the Anaheim Azusa and Cucamonga sewing circle book review and timing association (the double-ACASSN).
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx