gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680770 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 10:57:55 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian UK tour postponed?  (Read 27677 times)
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: June 26, 2015, 03:01:53 PM »

http://www.showbiz411.com/2015/06/26/bad-vibrations-brian-wilson-cancels-uk-tour-citing-success-of-movie-but-love-mercy-is-a-flop

Roger Friedman, former Fox News film columnist, contends above that L&M has flopped and Brian's people are unjustified in canceling UK dates because of the reception it got here. But he misses the point.  L&M's boxoffice may be winding down in the US - one-third the theaters that had it in my area two weeks ago are running it now - but it's created thousands upon thousands of BW/BBs fans who are ready to see him play this fall.

But then again...slow ticket sales or not, maybe it would have made more sense to see how L&M does in the UK next month before postponing the British dates.

That Friedman guy is a blowhard, always has been. I can't even count how many times he's taken a morsel of a factoid and turned it into a "the sky is falling" article.

He has everything ass backwards in his article. My understanding is that the L&M film was never expected to do huge business at the box office. It hasn't gotten past 7 or 800 theaters; I don't think they ever expected it to. Films that do a 480 (or whatever it was) theater opening in the first week aren't expecting to expand to 4,000 theaters and compete with the big budget films. Friedman likely has no idea (or is pretending to have no idea) what the budget was for this film, and/or what expectations the distributor had.

And why did I say ass backwards? Because, again, unless he's being sarcastic in the ending to his article, he's contending that it's "hard to believe" UK ticket sales have been slow. It's easy in fact to understand why they'd have trouble filling multiple huge arenas.

Ass backwards, like I said. The film is generating Oscar buzz, and I've seen no other reports that it's performing below expectations. Obviously, they'd love to see it do ten times as much business. But I doubt they expected it to do a lot better with it's limited screen count (the film's "per screen average" in dollars is even more impressive than it's overall dollar performance in fact). Meanwhile, he can't fathom why Brian can't fill multiple huge arenas in the UK?

There are ways to call BS on the UK tour cancellation. Maybe the reasons provided by management aren't the full story. But if one is trying to call Brian's management out, saying the L&M is a "flop" undercuts any credibility in any argument.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: June 26, 2015, 03:10:59 PM »

A post by the LEGENDARY board historian over at BBB

1 - exactly what Brian's "commitments" September 18th-27th are. Newly scheduled concerts not admissible. Let's be honest, the movie will be history at the box office by then.

2 - which genius decided Brian could sell over 107,000 tickets in the UK in ten days, and which comparable genius looked at the venues proposed and said "sure, looks fine to me".

3 - who had the bright idea that Brian needs support, and then booked a one-hit wonder and an ageing US band that last had a UK hit in the mid seventies.

4 - most importantly, who in Brian's organisation thought we'd be dumb enough to buy the reasons given for the cancellation. That's hugely insulting to all the UK fans and we deserve an apology, and the truth: that the tickets simply were hardly selling at all. I've heard some semi-official sales figures for a couple of venues and frankly my hair stood on end. That bad. 2000 tickets sold at the RFH is a 75% full house... the same at a 21,000 capacity venue is beyond embarrassing and closing on humiliating.

Will I get any answers ? Not a chance in hell.

Will I probably get banned from The Bloo before too long ? Once, I would have said "of course", but even there, the natives are revolting. Brian's management made a major, major error in green-lighting this tour in those venues, and have compounded that by offering us a transparently untrue, deeply insulting explanation for the cancellation. If we're wrong, let us know: prove us wrong. I dare you.

Funny that you've hidden this post in the scummy depths of the Pee-Board, where the "natives" would never think to question you, but you're still allowed the satisfaction of smugly thinking to yourself that you've made a ballsy post questioning the actions of Brian's camp.

Here's the thing, and no matter how many times he posts it, anyone on this board with the slightest amount of intelligence can pick up on it: the LEGENDARY BOARD HISTORIAN is biased beyond belief, balls deep in Mike Love's camp. Fact: the actions over the years of that man are beyond stupid, and there are things that the LEGENDARY BOARD HISTORIAN knows about that the rest of this board does not - which is for the better considering the indefensible nature of the things he has done over the years.

Read that post, think about the posts he has made about Brian, and then think about the posts he (has not) made about Mike, and make up your own mind - who does this guy really stand for, and WHY?

If I'm wrong, let me know: prove me wrong. I dare you.

Dare accepted. Firstly, something the other posters should know: "Coward Beale" has made a grand total of nine posts, and in eight of those he - or she, for who knows their true gender - has taken a kick at me to the complete exclusion of any other content. Think we've got an agenda established here, people.  Grin

Secondly, irrespective of whether or not I'm "balls deep" in Mike's camp (I'm not), at least I have the balls to post under my own name and not cower behind a pitiful pseudonym. Them as rail and gibber behind such a mask are... unworthy of serious consideration.

Thirdly, my BB post was so well buried that you found it less than five hours after I posted it (again, under my own name). That you were evidently looking for something like that helped but... congratulations, you've just invalidated your own point. Further, as we all know, all the BB forums are monitored by the relevant interested parties: it would be read, if it hasn't already. Further again, I'm about as welcome there as I am on The Bloo in some quarters. Further cubed, if you'd bothered to check out The very same Bloo, you'd know that I've been raising  the very same points, albeit less confrontationally. Know something ? Even the hard-core Blooies are saying the same: they're very unhappy with what's happened and they don't believe that nonsense about "commitments" either. Purely and simply, the tickets were not selling. That's all.

Fourthly, I think: if I am biased, it's in favour of the truth. Of course, that's both a perishable and variable commodity. but... have I blamed Brian for this current nonsense ? Don't think so, for the excellent reason that he's not responsible for booking the gigs. Yup, I probably know stuff about Mike that most folk here don't. Thing is, I also know things about Brian that's not common currency, and there's a reason I don't share either in public. Further (again), in all the thirty seven odd years that I was an uncritical and unashamed cheerleader for Brian, never once was I accused of being on his payroll. Odd, that. I'm still an unashamed BW booster (I'm guessing you ignored the inconvenient truth of my birthday post...) - just somewhat more critical, and cynical. I've known Bruce far longer than Mike: guess I'm on his payroll too. So, howcome I'm so piss-poor ?

Vthly - "who does this guy really stand for, and WHY?"  Make that "what", not who: I stand four-square for promoting the glorious music of Brian Wilson & The Beach Boys, and the accurate documentation of same. If that ruffles a few feathers, too bad: as Jon Stebbins once astutely noted, "no-one's in this to win a popularity contest". Brian's music is both so significant, and so important in my life that it must be set in the correct context. Too many misapprehensions, too many myths. Others have far surpassed my efforts of late, but I flatter myself that I've done some good work.

So, there you have it: dare answered. You're wrong and I let you know. Legendary Board Historian 1, newly-minted troll 0, I believe.  Grin

Here's a dare for you: make a post that actually contributes to the topic of the band and doesn't take even the merest hint of a kick at me. Betcha can't do it.

OK, so that's sorted. Now, how 'bout that Brian Wilson, huh ?

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 26, 2015, 03:30:17 PM »

Which support act(s) had been earmarked for the UK tour?

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: June 26, 2015, 03:31:40 PM »

America and Edwyn Collins.

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 26, 2015, 06:14:57 PM »

Beales comments are trying to stir up a 'camps' argument when this is not the case. I find it quite ironic though that towards the end of the C50 once all signed commitments had been completed Brian said "it feels like I've been fired". Three years on with deals signed and without a note played the brits can rightfully say "it feels like we've been f*cked".
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: June 26, 2015, 11:22:34 PM »

Nope - check out their past posts, all nine of 'em. Excepting the initial, introductory one, all posted with one intent, to take a swipe at me. I should, I suppose, be flattered but in fact, it's pretty sad that someone should take the smallest fraction of time and effort to bother with the nobody that I am.

It's been suggested to me it's really Carol Kaye, but that's not her posting or writing style, so I'm guessing it's someone else in the BB/BW cosmos with a major down on me outside the confines of this forum. Or maybe they do post here already, incognito. My ol' drinking buddy Oscar used to tell me "the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about". He was pissed, of course, but there's an element of in vino veritas. Probably.

It's almost exactly 40 years to the day that I became a committed BB/BW fan, having read Nick Kent's NME tryptich about Brian. Been a helluva ride, mostly uphill, but these last few years the thought "is this all really worth it ?" has increasingly taken to sprinting across my mind. "This" being the aggregated online nonsense. Back to snailmail, anyone ?

Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 27, 2015, 06:03:39 AM »

That's probably Howard. Just sayin'. He/she/shim/otherkin clearly has an unhealthy obsession with another fan.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 27, 2015, 07:11:54 AM »

http://www.showbiz411.com/2015/06/26/bad-vibrations-brian-wilson-cancels-uk-tour-citing-success-of-movie-but-love-mercy-is-a-flop

Roger Friedman, former Fox News film columnist, contends above that L&M has flopped and Brian's people are unjustified in canceling UK dates because of the reception it got here. But he misses the point.  L&M's boxoffice may be winding down in the US - one-third the theaters that had it in my area two weeks ago are running it now - but it's created thousands upon thousands of BW/BBs fans who are ready to see him play this fall.

But then again...slow ticket sales or not, maybe it would have made more sense to see how L&M does in the UK next month before postponing the British dates.

That Friedman guy is a blowhard, always has been. I can't even count how many times he's taken a morsel of a factoid and turned it into a "the sky is falling" article.

He has everything ass backwards in his article. My understanding is that the L&M film was never expected to do huge business at the box office. It hasn't gotten past 7 or 800 theaters; I don't think they ever expected it to. Films that do a 480 (or whatever it was) theater opening in the first week aren't expecting to expand to 4,000 theaters and compete with the big budget films. Friedman likely has no idea (or is pretending to have no idea) what the budget was for this film, and/or what expectations the distributor had.

And why did I say ass backwards? Because, again, unless he's being sarcastic in the ending to his article, he's contending that it's "hard to believe" UK ticket sales have been slow. It's easy in fact to understand why they'd have trouble filling multiple huge arenas.

Ass backwards, like I said. The film is generating Oscar buzz, and I've seen no other reports that it's performing below expectations. Obviously, they'd love to see it do ten times as much business. But I doubt they expected it to do a lot better with it's limited screen count (the film's "per screen average" in dollars is even more impressive than it's overall dollar performance in fact). Meanwhile, he can't fathom why Brian can't fill multiple huge arenas in the UK?

There are ways to call BS on the UK tour cancellation. Maybe the reasons provided by management aren't the full story. But if one is trying to call Brian's management out, saying the L&M is a "flop" undercuts any credibility in any argument.
Hey Jude - at least there is the very effective vehicle of social media to combat a knucklehead review. It was a one way street back in the day to a greater extent. The best you could hope for is the op-Ed, and that space is kept small for a reason; to minimize an opposing viewpoint.  Now, one bad review can't kill you.

It is too bad that the concert venue planning wasn't consistent with the film concept of "indie" and not the larger venues. Indie film, indie movie theaters and indie/niche venues.  The film hasn't had global release so the review leaves out half the world.  And the acoustics can be far superior for performances in the older, albeit smaller theaters; those that beg for "a capella" (in the style of the church chapel.)

Don't become discouraged by a bad review.  I seem to remember getting riled up, decades ago! Guess who is still around!

Sometimes a bad review provides the resolve to prove the naysayers wrong!  LOL

« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 07:33:58 AM by filledeplage » Logged
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 27, 2015, 04:05:31 PM »

A post by the LEGENDARY board historian over at BBB

1 - exactly what Brian's "commitments" September 18th-27th are. Newly scheduled concerts not admissible. Let's be honest, the movie will be history at the box office by then.

2 - which genius decided Brian could sell over 107,000 tickets in the UK in ten days, and which comparable genius looked at the venues proposed and said "sure, looks fine to me".

3 - who had the bright idea that Brian needs support, and then booked a one-hit wonder and an ageing US band that last had a UK hit in the mid seventies.

4 - most importantly, who in Brian's organisation thought we'd be dumb enough to buy the reasons given for the cancellation. That's hugely insulting to all the UK fans and we deserve an apology, and the truth: that the tickets simply were hardly selling at all. I've heard some semi-official sales figures for a couple of venues and frankly my hair stood on end. That bad. 2000 tickets sold at the RFH is a 75% full house... the same at a 21,000 capacity venue is beyond embarrassing and closing on humiliating.

Will I get any answers ? Not a chance in hell.

Will I probably get banned from The Bloo before too long ? Once, I would have said "of course", but even there, the natives are revolting. Brian's management made a major, major error in green-lighting this tour in those venues, and have compounded that by offering us a transparently untrue, deeply insulting explanation for the cancellation. If we're wrong, let us know: prove us wrong. I dare you.

Funny that you've hidden this post in the scummy depths of the Pee-Board, where the "natives" would never think to question you, but you're still allowed the satisfaction of smugly thinking to yourself that you've made a ballsy post questioning the actions of Brian's camp.

Here's the thing, and no matter how many times he posts it, anyone on this board with the slightest amount of intelligence can pick up on it: the LEGENDARY BOARD HISTORIAN is biased beyond belief, balls deep in Mike Love's camp. Fact: the actions over the years of that man are beyond stupid, and there are things that the LEGENDARY BOARD HISTORIAN knows about that the rest of this board does not - which is for the better considering the indefensible nature of the things he has done over the years.

Read that post, think about the posts he has made about Brian, and then think about the posts he (has not) made about Mike, and make up your own mind - who does this guy really stand for, and WHY?

If I'm wrong, let me know: prove me wrong. I dare you.

Dare accepted. Firstly, something the other posters should know: "Coward Beale" has made a grand total of nine posts, and in eight of those he - or she, for who knows their true gender - has taken a kick at me to the complete exclusion of any other content. Think we've got an agenda established here, people.  Grin

Secondly, irrespective of whether or not I'm "balls deep" in Mike's camp (I'm not), at least I have the balls to post under my own name and not cower behind a pitiful pseudonym. Them as rail and gibber behind such a mask are... unworthy of serious consideration.

Thirdly, my BB post was so well buried that you found it less than five hours after I posted it (again, under my own name). That you were evidently looking for something like that helped but... congratulations, you've just invalidated your own point. Further, as we all know, all the BB forums are monitored by the relevant interested parties: it would be read, if it hasn't already. Further again, I'm about as welcome there as I am on The Bloo in some quarters. Further cubed, if you'd bothered to check out The very same Bloo, you'd know that I've been raising  the very same points, albeit less confrontationally. Know something ? Even the hard-core Blooies are saying the same: they're very unhappy with what's happened and they don't believe that nonsense about "commitments" either. Purely and simply, the tickets were not selling. That's all.

Fourthly, I think: if I am biased, it's in favour of the truth. Of course, that's both a perishable and variable commodity. but... have I blamed Brian for this current nonsense ? Don't think so, for the excellent reason that he's not responsible for booking the gigs. Yup, I probably know stuff about Mike that most folk here don't. Thing is, I also know things about Brian that's not common currency, and there's a reason I don't share either in public. Further (again), in all the thirty seven odd years that I was an uncritical and unashamed cheerleader for Brian, never once was I accused of being on his payroll. Odd, that. I'm still an unashamed BW booster (I'm guessing you ignored the inconvenient truth of my birthday post...) - just somewhat more critical, and cynical. I've known Bruce far longer than Mike: guess I'm on his payroll too. So, howcome I'm so piss-poor ?

Vthly - "who does this guy really stand for, and WHY?"  Make that "what", not who: I stand four-square for promoting the glorious music of Brian Wilson & The Beach Boys, and the accurate documentation of same. If that ruffles a few feathers, too bad: as Jon Stebbins once astutely noted, "no-one's in this to win a popularity contest". Brian's music is both so significant, and so important in my life that it must be set in the correct context. Too many misapprehensions, too many myths. Others have far surpassed my efforts of late, but I flatter myself that I've done some good work.

So, there you have it: dare answered. You're wrong and I let you know. Legendary Board Historian 1, newly-minted troll 0, I believe.  Grin

Here's a dare for you: make a post that actually contributes to the topic of the band and doesn't take even the merest hint of a kick at me. Betcha can't do it.

OK, so that's sorted. Now, how 'bout that Brian Wilson, huh ?

Shame on this board for the fact that Andrew has had to resort to answering this anonymous incendiary knob. Should have been suffocated soon after he joined the board with his one-track posts.

Referring to the yellow board as the "pee board"? That's a sh*t thing to say…  So as well as this inter-camp rivalry, inter-board rivalry is also now tolerated?

“We live in divisive times.”
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 27, 2015, 04:09:26 PM »

Yeah, it seems like that f****t's membership here is specifically to antagonize another member. That should be an instabanhammer.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: June 27, 2015, 05:51:35 PM »

I've messaged Beale. Things will be ok.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: June 27, 2015, 10:36:46 PM »

Permission to remind you about this when things become un-OK again ?   Grin

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 27, 2015, 11:18:40 PM »

Very much appreciated Billy.

“We live in divisive times.”
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: June 29, 2015, 02:01:41 AM »

Wasn't there some BW Australian tour a few years back that had be cancelled too?

Cancelled BW tours:

2/19/99-3/7/99: First US tour (more rehearsal time needed)

That one wasn't cancelled -- some of the dates actually happened. (And there are "Dutch import" CDs to prove it.) I believe the first shows were in Michigan and outside of Chicago.

Did Brian play any shows between the dates I've listed ?  No sir, he did not. Ergo, cancelled.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 02:02:32 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: June 29, 2015, 06:29:02 AM »

Wasn't there some BW Australian tour a few years back that had be cancelled too?

Cancelled BW tours:

2/19/99-3/7/99: First US tour (more rehearsal time needed)

That one wasn't cancelled -- some of the dates actually happened. (And there are "Dutch import" CDs to prove it.) I believe the first shows were in Michigan and outside of Chicago.

Did Brian play any shows between the dates I've listed ?  No sir, he did not. Ergo, cancelled.

Were any of those first dates rescheduled versus canceled (e.g. original tickets honored at a later date)? I never know whether to characterize a “rescheduled” date as “canceled and rescheduled” or just “rescheduled”, as if “canceled” implies it never took place in any form. Admittedly all semantics.

I had previously remembered that it was later 1998 proposed dates that were canceled or postponed/rescheduled (I remember Brian’s 1998 Howard Stern interview featuring Brian mentioning a tour being postponed due to an illness/death in Melinda’s family). I didn’t know (or rather most likely didn’t remember) tickets to shows immediately preceding the “official” first show (March 9, 1999) had gone on sale and had been canceled. 

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: June 29, 2015, 09:05:55 AM »

Of the 11 original dates, five took place at the same venue on a different date,  two at different venues in the same city and four were cancelled entirely... but the tour as originally advertised, 2/19/99-3/7/99, did not take place.

harrisonjon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 30, 2015, 03:52:17 AM »

AGD: "is this all really worth it ?"

Yes, because many of us value your input whilst those who don't seem to be either trolls, jealous types or protecting some special interest that they've carved from the BB pie. Plus you can't quit on your 40th anniversary; you have to at least try to make it to 50 (21/6/2025?). I only discovered the Nick Kent pieces in his Dark Stuff collection and they still pack a punch. They were a big part of my decision to invest in the Good Vibrations box, which was eventually followed by a Smile bootleg and then the Sessions box set in 1997, which changed my life.

The cancellation is particularly unfortunate because Brian is in the best vocal form and one of the best mental states that he's been in for decades, and the set-list is a cracker. Nothing needs fixing as far as the act is concerned, so the f***-ups are entirely on the management and/or promotional side. Trying to squeeze in a 2015 UK tour in big venues when 2016 in smaller venues is a far better bet was always dubious. If in the process they've also f***ed their goodwill account for 2016 then I do fear that Brian in the UK may become unfeasible ever again, which is a huge blow. If I were still in the UK and had thus not had the joy of seeing Brian in Atlanta last Friday, I'd be extremely angry.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 03:59:16 AM by harrisonjon » Logged
Fire Wind
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 30, 2015, 04:10:57 AM »

Also, regarding goodwill, people on the forums aren't really taken in by the official reason, so that's kind of okay.  They booked too-large venues.  The gamble didn't pay off.  We understand.  But the official reason (blowing us out because he's got more important things to do) has gone out in the media and people reading it will accept it at face value.  It really doesn't make Brian look very good in his treatment of his fans.

I still can taste the ocean breeze...
harrisonjon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 30, 2015, 05:40:53 AM »

Agreed. The gist of the thread so far is that the lying is worse than the postponement.
Fire Wind
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 30, 2015, 06:49:29 AM »

Yeah, they should've thought it through better regarding the publicity.  The article has done the rounds on local newspaper sites.  There aren't many comments following them, but a couple are like this sort of thing -

"If I was one of his fans I would NEVER purchase a ticket from him again! For over 50 years his FANS have made him what he is. People have spent good money and cancelled/re-arranged things and even in some cases spent lots of money travelling the country to see his concert. Sorry, Mr, but an 8 week tour should come before a few aggrandising interviews in your home country. Hit him where it hurts - in the pocket!"

Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 30, 2015, 01:00:48 PM »

FINALLY Had official confirmation from Ticketmaster (bless them)  Angry

Brian Wilson - Various venues

Hi there,

Important information about your event!

The event organisers have been in touch to let us know that they've had to postpone the Brian Wilson UK Tour at the following venues:

18 September 2015: Liverpool Echo Arena
19 September 2015: Motorpoint Arena Cardiff
20 September 2015: The O2, London
22 September 2015: Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham
23 September 2015: Capital FM Arena, Nottingham
25 September 2015: First Direct Arena, Leeds
26 September 2015: Manchester Arena
27 September 2015: The SSE Hydro, Glasgow

The following statement has been released:

"Due to the overwhelming success of Brian Wilson’s movie ‘Love and Mercy’ which has opened in the US to critical acclaim, Brian has had to postpone his current UK tour planned for September 2015 due to commitments in the US. He will be back in the UK and Europe in 2016 with a string of concerts to mark the 50th Anniversary of his seminal album ‘Pet Sounds, which will be his final European tour."

Brian says “I’m sorry I won’t be able to make these shows this year, but I look forward to seeing all my fans in 2016 to help me celebrate 50 years of ‘Pet Sounds’. This will be my final European tour. I hope you all enjoy my movie when it opens in the UK on July 10th, I’ll see you all soon, Best Brian.”

We’ve been asked to refund all bookings as the organisers aren't able to confirm new dates – you’ll see a credit onto the card you used within 15 days.

If you have any questions for us, there's lots of information in our FAQs. If what you're looking for isn't quite covered, get in touch with one of the team by sending your question through the helpdesk.

We're sorry for any disappointment caused.

Best Wishes,
Ticketmaster Customer Service
Fire Wind
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 30, 2015, 01:19:29 PM »

Well, they took their time.  See Tickets put the money back on my card last Friday.  Minus £12.10 booking fee.

STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 21, 2015, 09:13:10 AM »

So, the London show was supposed to be last night.
Any ideas or speculations on what Brian is busy with these days?

37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: September 21, 2015, 09:20:50 AM »

Uhh, yeah....the latest news about Brian, in short, says that there was damn good reason to postpone. A very, very honorable reason. And anybody who disagrees, well...is just a boob.

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: September 21, 2015, 09:24:39 AM »

Well, better than a bunch of whining about empty arenas. Shrug.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx