gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 09:15:01 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: FOUND MIU ON VINYL!  (Read 3179 times)
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« on: June 26, 2006, 10:04:03 PM »

yeah, i bought it, yeah, i know i'm a geek, as i explained to the girl that was with me...this is a really bad album that i like...i thought hearing it on vinyl would give it a 'ballsier' sound like BB 85 has versus the cd...but i was wrong...i think the vinyl & cd version of MIU sounds the same

oh, and i bought an EP from the UK that has Marcella, Sail On Sailor, Rock and Roll Music, and Mona on it...is this rare? i feel it is...but then again, maybe just in my area

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 04:10:08 AM »

I've seen dozens of copies of Love You, Keepin' The Summer Alive, 15 Big Ones, MIU and LA in 2nd hand stores and at record fairs the last couple of years. They're really not that hard to find, and usually they're between 3 and 6 euros a piece.
SG7
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 08:08:53 AM »

Very cool. I got my MIU on vinyl by accident. It came instead of Wild Honey  LOL
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 08:12:56 AM »

Very cool. I got my MIU on vinyl by accident. It came instead of Wild Honey  LOL

oof!  Computer Smash!

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
MBE
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 08:53:13 PM »

There is a rarte MIU vinyl from 1990. It came out in Europe and had the wrong takes-mixes. This is easy to find on CD but very tough on vinyl. I saw it at the time but not knowing about the alt takes didn't buy it. Holland had the Farie Tale right on the LP there is a scan of this at the flames site. I would LOVE to find either of these. POB was reissued too.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2006, 12:30:14 AM »

There is a rarte MIU vinyl from 1990. It came out in Europe and had the wrong takes-mixes. This is easy to find on CD but very tough on vinyl. I saw it at the time but not knowing about the alt takes didn't buy it. Holland had the Farie Tale right on the LP there is a scan of this at the flames site. I would LOVE to find either of these. POB was reissued too.

The first Warner/Epic reissues of the 70-ies records on cd indeed had a couple of alternative mixes, especially on MIU (Peggy Sue, Come Go With Me, Winds Of Change), and also on Love You (Honkin' Down The Highway, without drum intro). I know that a couple of this first reissues-series were released on vinyl as well. But I can only confirm TWO of them. I've seen Holland on vinyl (in real) and I'm very glad I'm the happy owner of Sunflower on Epic-vinyl. But I strongly doubt if other 70-ies albums were released on vinyl again as well.

I do assume there might be a Surf's Up on Epic-vinyl too. This is my theory on that: I remember that in the early 90-ies when al the albums were released on cd there was a special box-release of Sunflower/Surf's Up/Holland (3 cd's in a carton box). I've seen it in a recordstore once, but being a poor student at the time, I wasn't able to buy it (and I had bought them separately already). Which I regret now of course. As these 3 albums got a special "box"-treatment, I also believe that these 3 were released on vinyl again. But until now my theory hasn't been proven yet. So if someone has this release, please let me know, I'm more than curious if I'm right on that. And if you have prove I'm totally wrong on this (if other albums were released on Epic-vinyl too!)...please share some pictures/scans with us!

I'll scan the cover and labels of Sunflower this evening (when I get back home).

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
MBE
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2006, 03:09:06 AM »

I think the CBS reissues all were on vinyl in 1990. Did you get the Sunflower on Ebay (I was outbid fora copy on there) I don't have scans except for Sunflower and Holland but I did see P.O.B. for sure and I am almost certain they were all there.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2006, 03:49:08 AM »

I think the CBS reissues all were on vinyl in 1990. Did you get the Sunflower on Ebay (I was outbid fora copy on there) I don't have scans except for Sunflower and Holland but I did see P.O.B. for sure and I am almost certain they were all there.

I did win it on Ebay last year, but as far as I remember there were no other (high) bidders. Got it for a couple of pounds.... Smiley
Which means more samples are offered....that's a good sign. But although I check Ebay once in a while, I've never seen other copies pass by, so it seems that obtaining one is still a real rarity. Strange that until a year ago I never heard of a vinyl release. Not at time of release either. I've seen the Epic-vinyl-Holland at a friend of mine (the guy from www.the-flames.com), who also bought it last year, an expensive buy as I was told...

I would love to see a good scan of a POB reissue on Epic-vinyl, because that would really be rare! Still I have a heard time believing that this one exists...

Is there anyone close to the (Epic-) source who can clear this out?

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
MBE
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2006, 05:31:35 AM »

Nobody thought these were real.. Some people said I was lying. I was so happy to have proof. All I can tell you is that P.O.B.,like the others, had the generic back cover. I swear to you I saw it. No I didn't bid high on Sunflower it was an error but I'm glad somone on here has it.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2006, 06:20:00 AM »

Nobody thought these were real.. Some people said I was lying. I was so happy to have proof. All I can tell you is that P.O.B.,like the others, had the generic back cover. I swear to you I saw it. No I didn't bid high on Sunflower it was an error but I'm glad somone on here has it.

I can assure you I'm glad I have this one. Holland and Sunflower both have the "stone/sand" ("flintstone?") backside, just like the cd-reissue. The pictures used for the front-side are clearly scans of the originals: the quality is not that good. And of course it should always mention "Digitally Remastered" (just like the cd's). So if the others look like that as well, I'd is easy to recognise. I'm curious on how many pressings were made. BTW, my pressing says "Made In Holland" (although I bought it from an English seller), so I should expect to have a chance to find more overhere.

punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2006, 06:44:38 AM »

i remember a cd set of Today/Summer Days/Smiley Smile...was this apart of that set?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2006, 06:47:12 AM »

i remember a cd set of Today/Summer Days/Smiley Smile...was this apart of that set?

yep, that's Capitol...

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2006, 10:08:50 AM »

now, is this cool or what?

[attachment deleted by admin]

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2006, 10:10:34 AM »

forgot one....

[attachment deleted by admin]

MBE
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2006, 08:51:07 PM »

How is the sound on the Sunflower and also please let me know if more you ever find a 1990 Holland or MIU

By the way the Capitol stuff from 1990 never made it to vinyl but their 1994 series did and is great. The original Stack book, Party pics etc. Only bad part is that only Pet Sounds still had bonus tracks.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2006, 10:13:46 PM »

How is the sound on the Sunflower and also please let me know if more you ever find a 1990 Holland or MIU

By the way the Capitol stuff from 1990 never made it to vinyl but their 1994 series did and is great. The original Stack book, Party pics etc. Only bad part is that only Pet Sounds still had bonus tracks.

The sound on Sunflower is good, it's barely been played. I'm affraid that if I ever find the others on 1990-vinyl, I want to keep them.... :D

Didn't know about the 1994-series being pressed on vinyl as well. Any pictures?

MBE
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2006, 01:16:26 AM »

The sound on Sunflower is good, it's barely been played. I'm affraid that if I ever find the others on 1990-vinyl, I want to keep them.... :D

Well if you find two copies then let me know

Send me your email in a pm and I will send a pic of a few 1994 issues.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2006, 02:24:13 AM »

Well if you find two copies then let me know

Send me your email in a pm and I will send a pic of a few 1994 issues.

I Certainly will! (notify as well as emailaddress)

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx