gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680864 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 30, 2024, 03:19:11 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How often do you think about The Beach Boys?  (Read 5364 times)
send me a picture and i'll tell you
Smiley Smile Associate

spilling my phector

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2015, 11:18:18 PM »

Brian: about every 15 minutes
the Beach Boys: every 45 minutes
the Brian Wilson Band: about every 2 hours

that's it, who here wants to touch d***s? all in a row, just run your hand across several of them and hit them like you're bret hart tagging your fans as you approach the ring wearing teh pink sunglasses in 1993     ----runnersdialzero

We have a little extra meat onstage. The audience can feel it.   --Al Jardine

pLeAsUrE iSlAnD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rogerlancelot
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2015, 05:24:57 PM »

Not as often as I think about my family but perhaps more than any other rock band (Beatles included). They're just so damn interesting!
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2015, 06:34:38 PM »

Whenever I'm reading this message board ... and that's just part of it.

Windy17
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2015, 12:21:19 PM »

For sure, every summer of my life!
  My first thought on May 1st is..'I wish we we had an ocean'. Then as always my mind relates my thoughts to a song. So, I start going through the lines of 'Surfin' USA'. 'If everybody had an ocean across the USA...etc.' and try to see how many lines I remember.
  Then flooding mind thoughts of being with my 4 girlfriends in my crappy '57 Plymouth (4 window air) driving to Saquaro Lake or The Salt River. When we'd hear the guitar intro on the radio to Surfin USA, that just GRABS your attention with it's piercing chords and everybody saying, 'Oh, Turn THAT Up'. (It was even before cassette tapes and none of us even had 4 track players.) Just 2 rock AM radio stations. It wasn't easy being a Zonie living amongst cactus, it was pretty humiliating.
 The Beach Boys band and songs and sound are still SO LOVED!   
ps. Glad to have found this site and interesting posts. I've bought 4 BB books this month and will check out the albums I don't have. ~ Peace and Love ~

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2015, 12:38:38 PM »

For sure, every summer of my life!
  My first thought on May 1st is..'I wish we we had an ocean'. Then as always my mind relates my thoughts to a song. So, I start going through the lines of 'Surfin' USA'. 'If everybody had an ocean across the USA...etc.' and try to see how many lines I remember.
  Then flooding mind thoughts of being with my 4 girlfriends in my crappy '57 Plymouth (4 window air) driving to Saquaro Lake or The Salt River. When we'd hear the guitar intro on the radio to Surfin USA, that just GRABS your attention with it's piercing chords and everybody saying, 'Oh, Turn THAT Up'. (It was even before cassette tapes and none of us even had 4 track players.) Just 2 rock AM radio stations. It wasn't easy being a Zonie living amongst cactus, it was pretty humiliating.
 The Beach Boys band and songs and sound are still SO LOVED!   
ps. Glad to have found this site and interesting posts. I've bought 4 BB books this month and will check out the albums I don't have. ~ Peace and Love ~

Welcome Windy! I was a Zonie for about 8 years (72-80), and even though I lived among the cactus, there was always Big Surf (our ocean in the desert). It was tough being a Beach Boys fan in the 1970's, but taking friends to a concert would usually make them see the light.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Seaside Woman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2015, 01:38:26 PM »

Every day, Brian especially ...

Caretaker in an aesthetic prison of my own dimension.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2015, 01:41:03 PM »

Everytime the word 'hodgepodge' is brought up in conversation.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx