gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 11:10:04 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pet Sounds 50th Anniversary  (Read 21116 times)
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2016, 12:50:11 AM »

I haven't listened to the whole Pet Sounds box set I own in years.      an entire box set for one single LP.    nor the other issues such as the "gold " CD  nor paid too much attention to nuances on more recent reissues on various comps such as MIC or other touched up releases of individual tracs.    I don' t think I would be interested in any more releases unless they were truly eye opening jaw dropping recordings.
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 13, 2016, 02:56:19 AM »

ah yes! coming soon! for something completely fresh, Capitol are releasing Pet Sounds on vinyl again, both mono and stereo on separate releases.
 but this version is the 'stereo' version.  I see they have slightly adjusted the cover artwork to replicate what an original 'stereo' may have been.  who's buying it?  https://www.jbhifi.com.au/music/Whats-Hot/rock-pop/pet-sounds-50th-anniversary-stereo-180gm-vinyl-reissue/948397/
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 02:57:02 AM by bringahorseinhere? » Logged
D Cunningham
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2016, 08:46:15 AM »

At risk of duplicating past discussion, yet...

I spent yesterday afternoon listening to Be My Baby multiple times (like the big guy)...in preparation for listening to Pet Sounds
this morning.  Hey! It's a pretty good album!

But seriously...I have a question. Can anybody point to lines/phrases in the album where Al Jardine is up front?  He doesn't have
a lead, of course. Is that him with the "bah bah bah" in the DOK bridge? ( I imagine it is Brian sounding like Al.)  Any help would be
appreciated. In summary:

1:  I'm surprised that Al, with a recent number-one single under his belt, did not feature more.

2: I wish that he had been the lead on Here Today.  (or is he in there?)

D Cunningham
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 17, 2016, 08:49:08 AM »

That's DOK, as in Deus Only Knows.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 17, 2016, 09:35:46 AM »

At risk of duplicating past discussion, yet...

I spent yesterday afternoon listening to Be My Baby multiple times (like the big guy)...in preparation for listening to Pet Sounds
this morning.  Hey! It's a pretty good album!

But seriously...I have a question. Can anybody point to lines/phrases in the album where Al Jardine is up front?  He doesn't have
a lead, of course. Is that him with the "bah bah bah" in the DOK bridge? ( I imagine it is Brian sounding like Al.)  Any help would be
appreciated. In summary:

1:  I'm surprised that Al, with a recent number-one single under his belt, did not feature more.

2: I wish that he had been the lead on Here Today.  (or is he in there?)

I believe he did lead in I Know There's an Answer
lostbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 17, 2016, 09:37:21 AM »

Oh how I love that capital is now all about Pet Sounds. Not back then but now. Bunch of goats...
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: May 17, 2016, 09:46:59 AM »

On "I Know There's an Answer", Mike does the first line of each verse, Al does the rest of the verse lines, and Brian does the chorus. Al's only lead part on the album, and a good example of how Al under certain circumstance could do the best "Brian impression" despite not being related.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
D Cunningham
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 17, 2016, 09:49:24 AM »

Emily and Hey Jude:  Yes...thank you. Of course there is that. And Al is so good there. And so like Brian. Amazing.
jiggy22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2016, 01:18:39 PM »

Oh how I love that capital is now all about Pet Sounds. Not back then but now. Bunch of goats...

Fingers crossed for a Best of the Beach Boys box set released three months after this one!

Do happy happy happy Mission Pak singing sound!

My blog, where I post my original Beach Boys mixes and whatnot:
http://www.jiggy22.blogspot.com
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2016, 04:47:23 PM »

Fingers crossed for a Best of the Beach Boys box set released three months after this one!

Sounds of Summer limited edition vinyl was released in the UK on May 6th!  Grin
lostbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 15, 2016, 12:42:26 PM »

What stores sell the deluxe edition?
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx