gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680864 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 30, 2024, 11:03:46 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Beach Boys: A California Saga ?  (Read 1156 times)
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2015, 03:23:39 PM »

Does anyone have any information on this? My friend bought it from a record store not that long ago. We haven't really been able to find any information on what it is. Apparently, someone who worked at ABC left the job and took this record along with him for whatever reason. He later sold it to the store and that's where my friend picked it up. We haven't listened to all of it, but from what we played, there was an interview with Dennis and then some snippets of early songs being played. The track listings are also vague, basically just saying "Band #2 Segment 'A' 12:46". The actual number changes with every track, as do the letters. The numbers at the end are just the track times.

Here's some photos:

Larry Franz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 03:31:01 PM »

There's a page from the new Becoming the Beach Boys book that has a paragraph about it (near the top of the page):

https://books.google.com/books?id=273eCQAAQBAJ&pg=PA404&lpg=PA404&dq=abc+radio+california+saga&source=bl&ots=PCENZ1VkKu&sig=y4Z7vgkkpOCZpkarB-WWLxJocUI&hl=en&sa=X&ei=k5eEVYuXFcTVmAWoyoDYCA&ved=0CCwQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=abc%20radio%20california%20saga&f=false

Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into. (It became fine later on.)
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 04:07:09 PM »

That seems odd; I wouldn't expect this radio show to have anything to do with 1961-1963.
Can it be recorded and played somewhere to hear it?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx