gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 07:53:55 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: He's got some Bruce with him...  (Read 17967 times)
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2015, 07:48:48 AM »

Listening to the actual interview, it's obvious that the transcript of it is wrong at that point.

Could someone please post up the correct quote so we put this behind us?

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2015, 08:01:50 AM »

Michael and Bruce "handle" the band's legacy with the blessing of Brian and Carl's estate.

that's funny because I seem to remember Brian wanting to continue on as a Beach Boy in 2012, but he didn't receive Mike's "blessing"

can you "handle" the truth?

Can you? The tour had a set end date and not all participants were willing to continue with the then-current setup.

Dead Horse

the set end date was extended, and it's been 3 years now. surely that's enough time for Mike to play his SeaWorld and state fair obligations and get the real Beach Boys back together if he chose to.
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2015, 08:16:13 AM »

Dead Horse

the set end date was extended, and it's been 3 years now. surely that's enough time for Mike to play his SeaWorld and state fair obligations and get the real Beach Boys back together if he chose to.

The real Beach Boys died on December 29, 1983...let's not kid ourselves. I'll count my blessings and be glad any of them are still playing, especially to the likes of people who claim to be "fans."
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 08:32:32 AM by The Real Beach Boy » Logged

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2015, 08:23:45 AM »

The real Beach Boys died on November 29, 1983...let's not kid ourselves. I'll count my blessings and be glad any of them are still playing, especially to the likes of people who claim to be "fans."

What happened on November 29 1983?

Edt: Oops.Duh. I just realized you meant December.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 08:26:27 AM by pixletwin » Logged
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2015, 08:29:19 AM »

Michael and Bruce "handle" the band's legacy with the blessing of Brian and Carl's estate.

that's funny because I seem to remember Brian wanting to continue on as a Beach Boy in 2012, but he didn't receive Mike's "blessing"

can you "handle" the truth?

Can you? The tour had a set end date and not all participants were willing to continue with the then-current setup.

Dead Horse

Yeah, and don't forget about all those Dairy Queen and Car Dealership obligations that myKe and br00th have to fulfill.  Razz

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2015, 08:33:03 AM »

The real Beach Boys died on November 29, 1983...let's not kid ourselves. I'll count my blessings and be glad any of them are still playing, especially to the likes of people who claim to be "fans."

What happened on November 29 1983?

Edt: Oops.Duh. I just realized you meant December.

Yeah...fucking autocorrect. How the hell does autocorrect get "November" from "DECEMBER?"

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2015, 08:48:00 AM »

People who claim to be fans. That's interesting.

If I had been around last night I would probably have locked this and moved it to the sandbox.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
rogerlancelot
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2015, 11:47:52 AM »

The real Beach Boys died on December 29, 1983...let's not kid ourselves. I'll count my blessings and be glad any of them are still playing, especially to the likes of people who claim to be "fans."

This is something that I totally agree with Jason on here. Of course I still had a great time at the C-50 show and I mostly enjoyed M & B band (although I think they should tour with a different name) but I still feel like I've never really seen the Beach Boys and never will.
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2015, 12:28:50 PM »

Exactly. I enjoyed the 50th Anniversary shows, I've enjoyed Brian in concert seven times, and plan on seeing Michael and Bruce when they come around. I'll take what I can get. The fact that they're still out playing the same music at their ages is miraculous. They don't have to.

Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2015, 01:24:13 PM »

Exactly. I enjoyed the 50th Anniversary shows, I've enjoyed Brian in concert seven times, and plan on seeing Michael and Bruce when they come around. I'll take what I can get. The fact that they're still out playing the same music at their ages is miraculous. They don't have to.

Exactly. In a few years, we'll look back and remember this era as a blessing. Mike, Bruce, Brian, Al, Dave, and Blondie are all still standing - just not together.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2015, 02:26:12 PM »

Minor correction, but IMHO the real Beach Boys died in 1998.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx