gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 09:26:03 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: He's got some Bruce with him...  (Read 17971 times)
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2015, 02:44:41 PM »

Bossaroo' picture was more humor than it was hate. It only seems mike's fanboys lack any sense of humor about their master. Let's be honest, Mike is one strange dude being a old guy trying to be a teenager forever.

I wasn't talking about the picture. I was talking about his insults.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2015, 02:47:27 PM »

Bruce is a two-faced assh*le.

I apologize to Scott Totten, John Cowsill, and any other members of The Beach Boys, especially Bruce, who might read this^.
Yes, and they should consider the source. Earlier today someone was reprimanded for a Brian and Melinda comment, and rightfully so, yet you have to take flak for calling out the poster. It wasn't until I joined this forum that I have come to realize how many assholes are Beach Boys fans. I am happy that so far, the ones I have met face to face have been very nice people.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2015, 02:50:09 PM »

Melinda and Brian haven't mentioned Bruce in ages

I wonder if Mike was no longer touring (which I would doubt will ever happen while he is able-bodied), if Bruce would ever get an invite to join or guest in Brian's band? Or if Bruce's pro-Mike position within the politics of BB-land would not make him welcome anymore?

I guess he was on good terms with  Brian's camp in 1998 when the Imagination promo video was made...
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2015, 02:52:58 PM »

while we're dredging up past interviews, here's a good one

http://www.tcpalm.com/entertainment/beach-boy-bruce-johnston-you-cant-tell-me-aging-ki

It still amazes me that the most violently hateful poster here was graced with an on-screen "Thank you" during a M&B concert. A most strange confusion. Or a paradox.

I'm the most violently hateful poster here? wow. you're really not looking hard enough.

I don't claim to hate anyone, and I'm certainly not violent in any way. but like everyone else here, I have opinions about the band I love and of those who currently lease the name of that band and have the gall to say the kinds of things M&B say. and like everyone else here, this is where I come to voice those opinions.

Calling a BB member "a two-faced asshole" is way too much. Your comments towards Mike Love and B Johnston are usually attacks. And insults are not opinions.

most of Mike's comments about Brian are thinly veiled attacks. and Bruce's comment about "dusting Brian off and rolling him back out" is absolutely repugnant.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2015, 02:57:45 PM »

http://www.tcpalm.com/entertainment/beach-boy-bruce-johnston-you-cant-tell-me-aging-ki

It still amazes me that the most violently hateful poster here was graced with an on-screen "Thank you" during a M&B concert. A most strange confusion. Or a paradox.

I'm the most violently hateful poster here? wow. you're really not looking hard enough.

I don't claim to hate anyone, and I'm certainly not violent in any way. but like everyone else here, I have opinions about the band I love and of those who currently lease the name of that band and have the gall to say the kinds of things M&B say. and like everyone else here, this is where I come to voice those opinions.

Calling a BB member "a two-faced asshole" is way too much. Your comments towards Mike Love and B Johnston are usually attacks. And insults are not opinions.

most of Mike's comments about Brian are thinly veiled attacks. and Bruce's comment about "dusting Brian off and rolling him back out" is absolutely repugnant.
And what has been Brian's response? You guys are all Brian fanatics, yet you never take the same high road that Brian always does.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2015, 03:09:08 PM »

exactly, Mike and Bruce are repulsive lounge singers living off BW's legacy at this point.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2015, 03:14:06 PM »

And what has been Brian's response? You guys are all Brian fanatics, yet you never take the same high road that Brian always does.

Brian doesn't need to say anything. The guy twigged a long time ago that the frothing at the mouth section of his fanbase will do all his fighting for him.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2015, 03:14:43 PM »

exactly, Mike and Bruce are repulsive lounge singers living off BW's legacy at this point.
And what were/are Al, David, Blondie, Carl and Dennis doing?

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2015, 03:22:50 PM »

And? So? This entitles you to be an asshole yourself over here? What have we done to you? You are busting other posters' balls, not Bruce's.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2015, 04:04:57 PM »

Another f***ed up thread started yet again by people whom have the least to gain with Brians recent output.

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2015, 04:39:42 PM »

Another f***ed up thread started yet again by people whom have the least to gain with Brians recent output.

OP asked a legitimate question and the excessively thin-skinned among us decided to twist words and assume it was meant as an anti-Brian/Melinda thread. The only people starting sh*t are the people who decided to go on the defensive and assume this was intended as an anti-Brian/Melinda thread. If anyone thinks this is (intended or otherwise) an anti-Brian/Melinda thread, I would probably suggest that they have incredibly overactive imaginations or their hero worship is such that anything sets them off.

I don't think Melinda's comment was cold; the impression I got from watching the interview back in 2004 was that she corrected herself after the fact. I don't think "some Bruce" was ever considered a slight or insult on her part...but it's probably destined to become the next "probably" on this forum at this rate.

We're all BEACH BOYS fans. Some of you are dog piling on a guy who wasn't trying to start a problem and who asked a legitimate question. Seriously? Grow the f*** up. He wasn't insulting Brian or Melinda. For f*** sake, people, has this board really sunk to this kind of low?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 04:41:01 PM by The Real Beach Boy » Logged

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2015, 04:49:20 PM »

It's what the E Street Band and the Beach Boys have most in common.  They BOTH, in a sense, have 'some Bruce'.  [and had some/have some David]  But really?Huh  ONLY the Beach Boys HAD some Brian.

Other than than I have no marshmellows so this roast in not for me. Dead Horse

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2015, 06:15:47 PM »

Bossaroo' picture was more humor than it was hate. It only seems mike's fanboys lack any sense of humor about their master. Let's be honest, Mike is one strange dude being a old guy trying to be a teenager forever.
All the botox in the world isn't gonna help myKe luHv. His days in the sun are long gone. Trouble is, he doesn't know it.  Smokin

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2015, 06:30:00 PM »

And? So? This entitles you to be an asshole yourself over here? What have we done to you? You are busting other posters' balls, not Bruce's.

whose balls am i busting? nobody here that i'm aware of.

if Mike and Bruce say horrible things publicly, I may call them out on it. if you or anyone else dislikes what I have to say, you can either ignore it or challenge it.

I'm really not an angry or disagreeable person. but I am passionate about the things I love, and Brian and the band's music is near the top of the list. I'm not happy with the way Mike & Bruce are handling the band's legacy, and I'm appalled by some of the things they say and do. this is where I come to discuss such matters.
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2015, 06:49:16 PM »

Michael and Bruce "handle" the band's legacy with the blessing of Brian and Carl's estate.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2015, 06:57:11 PM »

Michael and Bruce "handle" the band's legacy with the blessing of Brian and Carl's estate.

Blessing could be just a "blessing", or it could in fact mean grudging agreement, fear of money-draining Love lawsuits, or a mixed-emotion cocktail of all of the above. Let's not paint it as all roses when it's safe to assume the answer is probably not entirely clear cut or black and white. Blessing seems to have an inherent positive vibe, when I doubt it's an all-smiles situation, even as the checks are admittedly cashed by all shareholders.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 07:07:13 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2015, 07:14:09 PM »

I don't think Michael is crazy enough to sue BRI...he would in effect be suing himself.

bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2015, 07:14:40 PM »

that's funny because I seem to remember Brian wanting to continue on as a Beach Boy in 2012, but he didn't receive Mike's "blessing"

can you "handle" the truth?
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2015, 07:17:53 PM »

Listening to the actual interview, it's obvious that the transcript of it is wrong at that point.

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2015, 07:28:01 PM »

that's funny because I seem to remember Brian wanting to continue on as a Beach Boy in 2012, but he didn't receive Mike's "blessing"

can you "handle" the truth?

Can you? The tour had a set end date and not all participants were willing to continue with the then-current setup.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 07:31:10 PM by The Real Beach Boy » Logged

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2015, 07:38:30 PM »

I don't think Michael is crazy enough to sue BRI...he would in effect be suing himself.

Someone suing a corporation that they are a member/shareholder of is not an unheard of thing.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2015, 07:39:58 PM »

I know it's not unheard of...Al already did it. LOL

Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2015, 09:27:18 PM »

1. you dont' know what Melinda meant by that
2. You don't know how Bruce and Melinda have spoken to each other in person
3. It's 11 years old
4. Even if she was a total jerk to Bruce on t.v. once in an interview 11 years ago, it's just 1 comment in an entire lifetime.  

Conclusion: It's really not a big deal
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2015, 10:07:03 PM »

Listening to the actual interview, it's obvious that the transcript of it is wrong at that point.

Exactly.

Much ado about nothing.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2015, 10:14:54 PM »

I apologize to Scott Totten, John Cowsill, and any other members of The Beach Boys, especially Bruce, who might read this^.

you really don't need to apologize for me. if I overstepped any lines, the mods will deal with me. I guarantee they have all heard much worse, and likely couldn't care less what I have to say anyway.

Bruce should apologize for the utter disrespect he shows for Brian in the interview I posted, and for the disrespect he has shown to many Beach Boys fans over the years.

I do think the opinion posted here did come off too harsh, but in all fairness, first-hand stories posted here can confirm the bolded part, as they were posted by folks here who either witnessed it, or on the receiving end of it. So, in this case I'm going to let it slide, as IMHO being harsh with a fan without provocation is worse than anything Mike or Brian have ever said to each other, by a LARGE margin. 

As for the attacks back and forth to each other in this thread, please end it now. Take it off the board. I don't care who started it (not to say I don't see), but I'm finishing it.

Failure to comply will be dealt with promptly.

Thank you.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx