gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680770 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 10:21:02 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: He's got some Bruce with him...  (Read 18015 times)
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2015, 06:38:16 AM »

When Larry King interviewed Brian and Melinda in 2004, did Melinda really not have a solid clue as to who Bruce was, when asked about the touring Beach Boys?  And if she did, why be so seemingly disrespectful to him on National televeison?
marcusb
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 07:17:29 AM »

Do you have a link to the interview?
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 07:26:22 AM »

You have to admit, the Mike and Some Bruce Show has a nice ring to it. Sounds like a good fit for Adult Swim!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 07:33:21 AM by ontor pertawst » Logged
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2015, 07:56:04 AM »

If she said it, maybe she meant it like a slice of awesome Bruce who you only need his first name to know who I am talking about.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2015, 08:19:18 AM »

It didn't sound nice. On the other hand, Brian is usually respectful about Bruce in interviews and it looks like he appreciates  Bruce's talents. BTW, Bruce performed along with Brian on his first "modern-era" solo gig in 1998. There's no way she wasn't familiar with him.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 09:20:14 AM »

Really? Someone is trying to start something over an 11 year old interview?

Pathetic.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2015, 09:28:08 AM »

Exactly, the smearing of BW and Melinda seems relentless here.....

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2015, 09:42:21 AM »

Yes how dare anyone want to discuss anything that happened in the past, at anytime, ever.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2015, 10:45:44 AM »

Pathetic.

You'd be right if we weren't discussing sh*t Mike said in a 1990 Goldmine interview in every other thread.

Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2015, 11:09:44 AM »

Do you have a link to the interview?

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0408/20/lkl.00.html
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2015, 11:10:16 AM »

It's Mike's current interviews that are causing a ruckus. The old ones are brought up for context or added information.

Melinda and Brian haven't mentioned Bruce in ages, and Brian hasn't said a word against anyone. So what's being added by brining this up now, except that BW started a tour last night and someone wants to sh*t all over him?
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2015, 11:12:40 AM »

Pathetic.

Not trying to start anything...just genuninely interested in why she framed her comments as she did. On the surface Bruce was always supportive of Brian.
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2015, 11:32:29 AM »

Bruce is a two-faced assh*le.
while we're dredging up past interviews, here's a good one

http://www.tcpalm.com/entertainment/beach-boy-bruce-johnston-you-cant-tell-me-aging-ki
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2015, 12:11:19 PM »

I disagree with a lot of what Bruce has to say but it's hard to deny his interviews are always worth a read.
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2015, 12:56:52 PM »

It's impossible to know how Melinda's statement was intended, especially from just reading a transcript. For all we know, she was originally going to say "he (Mike) has some other guys with him..." But then thought better of it and changed course in mid thought and said "he has...Bruce with him ..." but did it only after she uttered "some". 

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2015, 01:10:28 PM »

http://www.tcpalm.com/entertainment/beach-boy-bruce-johnston-you-cant-tell-me-aging-ki

It still amazes me that the most violently hateful poster here was graced with an on-screen "Thank you" during a M&B concert. A most strange confusion. Or a paradox.

kermit27
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2015, 01:12:03 PM »

It's impossible to know how Melinda's statement was intended, especially from just reading a transcript. For all we know, she was originally going to say "he (Mike) has some other guys with him..." But then thought better of it and changed course in mid thought and said "he has...Bruce with him ..." but did it only after she uttered "some". 

This is how I always interpreted it.   It came out really funny, but I think that is what she was attempting to say.

"Some Bruce" still makes me laugh, though.
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2015, 01:26:33 PM »

It still amazes me that the most violently hateful poster here was graced with an on-screen "Thank you" during a M&B concert. A most strange confusion. Or a paradox.

I'm the most violently hateful poster here? wow. you're really not looking hard enough.

I don't claim to hate anyone, and I'm certainly not violent in any way. but like everyone else here, I have opinions about the band I love and of those who currently lease the name of that band and have the gall to say the kinds of things M&B say. and like everyone else here, this is where I come to voice those opinions.

and just to re-cap, Mike and co. thanked me for a photoshop of Mike depicted as an evil character from Star Wars. the photo was found in a thread devoted to ridiculing Mike, which Mike apparently found while "cruising Smiley Smile" one evening before dinner... basically googling himself. whether or not Mike understood the Star Wars reference is unclear... it appeared that he just really dug the idea/image of himself emitting bolts of electricity from his fingertips.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2015, 01:35:54 PM »

Mike's crew will make anybody look "hateful" to defend his horrible behavior.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2015, 02:24:17 PM »

I apologize to Scott Totten, John Cowsill, and any other members of The Beach Boys, especially Bruce, who might read this^.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2015, 02:26:45 PM »

You should go over to their houses with a cup of tea, see if they are ok.
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2015, 02:39:32 PM »

I apologize to Scott Totten, John Cowsill, and any other members of The Beach Boys, especially Bruce, who might read this^.

you really don't need to apologize for me. if I overstepped any lines, the mods will deal with me. I guarantee they have all heard much worse, and likely couldn't care less what I have to say anyway.

Bruce should apologize for the utter disrespect he shows for Brian in the interview I posted, and for the disrespect he has shown to many Beach Boys fans over the years.
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2015, 02:42:16 PM »

I'm the most violently hateful poster here? wow. you're really not looking hard enough.

I don't claim to hate anyone, and I'm certainly not violent in any way. but like everyone else here, I have opinions about the band I love and of those who currently lease the name of that band and have the gall to say the kinds of things M&B say. and like everyone else here, this is where I come to voice those opinions.

Calling a BB member "a two-faced asshole" is way too much. Your comments towards Mike Love and B Johnston are usually attacks. And insults are not opinions.

ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2015, 02:43:30 PM »

I wonder if Some Bruce thinks his insults about Obama aren't opinions. Doubt it.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2015, 02:43:52 PM »

Bossaroo' picture was more humor than it was hate. It only seems mike's fanboys lack any sense of humor about their master. Let's be honest, Mike is one strange dude being a old guy trying to be a teenager forever.

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx