gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680864 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 30, 2024, 01:58:12 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Would you rather have dinner with Brian & Mike or Carl & Dennis?  (Read 4483 times)
lostbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 17, 2015, 08:56:23 PM »

C & D

« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 08:57:16 PM by lostbeachboy » Logged
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 08:58:12 PM »

Ideally I'd choose both...but I think Carl and Dennis might be easier to talk to and relate to.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
Komera
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 09:06:05 PM »

I gravitate more towards Carl.  Dennis would likely be fun at dinner.

Dinner with Brian and Mike might be enlightening, but likely it'd be dinner and a Mike monologue.  I don't talk much in person.

~~ The MeAjur Komera Waddi ~~
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 09:07:34 PM »

Mike - "And I said to Cousin Brian, I said, 'I LIKE Van Dyke Parks. He's a NICE PERSON.' And I asked him once, 'Van Dyke, what does that lyric mean?'"
Brian - "I just...YOUR MEMORY IS GETTING SENILE!"
Mike - "NO! YOURS IS!"

Actually, dinner with Brian and Michael doesn't sound bad.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 11:02:19 PM »

Al not invited? Shocked
Jim Rockford
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2015, 11:52:18 PM »

Al not invited? Shocked

He's meditating. Smiley
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2015, 12:11:29 AM »

Definitely Brian and Mike.  Just staring at Brian would be pretty fun, even his mannerisms are interesting.  Mike seems like he'd be really fun in small doses like a dinner. 

BTW in that Rolling Stone (I believe it was Rolling Stone) piece about Joe Thomas, there's a part of it where the reporter actually IS at dinner with Brian and Mike (and a few others). 
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2015, 10:06:32 AM »

Al
SBonilla
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2015, 10:21:49 AM »

from an old shoe box:
Mike's too old, yuck. Carl has the dreamiest eyes. Dennis has the best hairdo, Al is my kewpie doll. Brian is so smart and athletic. And I don't know which one I'd marry but I would definitely ask my mom to make dinner for all of them, maybe even Jan and Dean, too. Donna Sue McKinney, Tucson, Arizona, June, 1965.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2015, 10:49:28 AM »

Definitely Carl & Dennis. Since the 70's, I mostly identify with the touring Beach Boys who were out front and center for so many years. After my family, those two are the first souls that I want to meet & greet with in the Great Beyond. Wink

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2015, 12:10:08 PM »

Carl and Dennis.  I'd make them sing for their supper.  Less chance of there being a food fight too. LOL  [I'd 'do lunch' with Brian.  That would involve a walk...to and from the food]

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Komera
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2015, 01:16:43 PM »

With Bruce.

~~ The MeAjur Komera Waddi ~~
GhostyTMRS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2015, 02:16:45 PM »

Carl & Dennis.

While it would be nice to jaw with Carl about music over a sumptuous feast, let's be honest....that dinner would end with you and Dennis leaving early, hitting some clubs, bringing home a bevy of nubile beauties and well..you can guess the rest.
Coda Hall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2015, 03:41:10 PM »

I've never felt more pressured to answer a question. One one hand, I get to hear how long MIKE can hold out "WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN" before a kick start into an acapella version of Be True to Your School, as well as I get to talk one of the biggest musical inspirations to me, Brian. However, Dennis and Carl are so humble, and Dennis being the funny one, would make the night interesting.

Dang. Touch call.
ppk700
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2015, 03:44:02 PM »

Al

After dinner, Al could clean your teeth. Brush 'em, floss 'em, a little fluoride. Maybe fill a cavity or two. Keep it clean, keep your mouth clean, don't go near the water, and take good care of your feet.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2015, 05:41:44 PM »

Carl and Dennis. Particularly with the latter it'd be more entertaining. Plus, they're my two favourite Beach Boys, so....
Coda Hall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2015, 08:15:15 PM »

Picture it:

Brian and Mike are collaborating, making their classic Spaghetti recipe, while Waiting for the noodles to boil, Brian claims to hear the noodles from the Living room. "Mike, the noodles are ready", Bri says. Mike in astonishment, he himself knows good and well that they JUST put the noodles on. "HOW CAN YOU BE SO SURE, DOG EARS", Mike shouts. Mike meditates for 10 minutes, to get rid of the negative vibes in the room.

Finally, the spaghetti is done, Bri & Mike are making their plates, Mike notices Bri has put Parmesan on his own plate. Mike is appalled. They've NEVER put Parmesan on their spaghetti before, it's not a part of the "formula." He shouts, "Don't f*ck with the formula!" He storms out the Wilson home.

And scene.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 08:22:42 PM by Coda Hall » Logged
undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2015, 11:09:03 PM »

Picture it:

Brian and Mike are collaborating, making their classic Spaghetti recipe, while Waiting for the noodles to boil, Brian claims to hear the noodles from the Living room. "Mike, the noodles are ready", Bri says. Mike in astonishment, he himself knows good and well that they JUST put the noodles on. "HOW CAN YOU BE SO SURE, DOG EARS", Mike shouts. Mike meditates for 10 minutes, to get rid of the negative vibes in the room.

Finally, the spaghetti is done, Bri & Mike are making their plates, Mike notices Bri has put Parmesan on his own plate. Mike is appalled. They've NEVER put Parmesan on their spaghetti before, it's not a part of the "formula." He shouts, "Don't f*ck with the formula!" He storms out the Wilson home.

And scene.
Not before they try boiling the pasta 11 times beforehand until Brian feels that they are "al dente" to him Tongue

"We are pushed to the wall as the heap fills the room to its limits. The window breaks. The house bursts. A heartbreakingly fine Scotch plaid passes before our eyes. Pinstripes carry us into Manhasset Bay."
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2015, 02:24:22 AM »

Dennis and Murry, when they were getting closer. With a football game on the telly.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
lee
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2015, 01:53:02 PM »

Carl & Dennis without hesitation.

Of the surviving members, definitely Al.
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2015, 02:39:52 PM »

Brian and Mike. Pretty sure I could patch everything up in about 5 minutes... 

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
rogerlancelot
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2015, 01:10:38 AM »

I chose Ronald Reagan and Casper the Friendly Ghost but I don't see the box to check for my vote.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2015, 01:26:27 AM »

LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx