gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680844 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 26, 2024, 07:46:05 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian / Al / Blondie Summer 2015 Tour Thread  (Read 164001 times)
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2015, 04:45:18 PM »

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2015/jun/16/brian-wilson-rodriguez-pairing-should-fascinate/
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2015, 04:46:49 PM »

The venue here in SLC hasn't sold out, but I suspect the ticket price has a little to do with that.
lee
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2015, 04:52:23 PM »

I'll be making a 4 hour drive to the Atlanta show. I love the Fox Theater. I pulled up a 20th row ticket with the presale, let it go and scored a 2nd row pit ticket during the general online sale.
baseball95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2015, 08:04:33 PM »

I'm very anxious to see this set. Anyone have any guesses? Hope we'll get Hold On Dear Brother or Funk Pretty from Blondie.
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2015, 08:17:18 PM »

I'm very anxious to see this set. Anyone have any guesses? Hope we'll get Hold On Dear Brother or Funk Pretty from Blondie.

I agree...California Saga seems like a reasonable choice for Al, although it wasn't done on the Beck tour.

Maybe it's time for Honkin' Down The Highway?  Cool Guy
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2015, 07:56:51 AM »

So, anybody going tonight? I'll be at the San Diego and LA shows but we need breathless setlist chatter!
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2015, 10:00:04 AM »

So, anybody going tonight? I'll be at the San Diego and LA shows but we need breathless setlist chatter!

I do in fact have tickets for tonight! I'll get a setlist up ASAP. I'll probably end up taking the whole duration of the tour to write a freaking full review of the actual show. But I'll get a setlist up as soon as possible, unless someone else gets it up here first.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
KDS
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2015, 10:02:38 AM »

Enjoy the show.  I still have a week and a half until I have to drive to Philly to see Brian. 

It'll be difficult to resist the temptation to come on here and check out the setlists, but I'll get by. 
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2015, 10:04:34 AM »

Have a great time! Looking forward to your review as well.
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2015, 10:05:19 AM »

I'll be at the San Diego show, and I'm purposely not going to look at any posts about tonight's setlist. I want it to all be a surprise!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2015, 10:17:02 AM »

I'll be at the San Diego show, and I'm purposely not going to look at any posts about tonight's setlist. I want it to all be a surprise!

After the setlist is posted here, let's all try and mentally beam it to Eric

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2015, 10:18:05 AM »

I have a suspicion the setlist will get more interesting as the tour rolls along. Brian's setlists have usually tended to add the weirder stuff in later shows. But I'm still hopeful we'll get something beyond the standard 2014 setlist. Obviously, even that would still be great.

I'm perhaps most interested to see if Blondie will do the entire duration of the show. In 2013, he only came on and did a few songs. Maybe they'll get Blondie to add something interesting to the requisite "Barbara Ann!"

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2015, 10:19:50 AM »

And I promise I won't be an asshat and post some BS song selections to mess with people. I remember someone did that in 2012 for C50. Yeah, right, I'm sure they busted out "Hey Little Tomboy" and "Crack at Your Love."  3D

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2015, 10:52:56 AM »

Only concern I have is with Rodriguez being the opening act, that Brian's set would be shorter. I hope it's not just a Greatest Hits type show, and there are a few selections from NPP. And athough Sebu's not on tour, I can always fill in for him on Runaway Dancer. Hell, I got the beard already LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2015, 10:53:42 AM »

I have a suspicion the setlist will get more interesting as the tour rolls along. Brian's setlists have usually tended to add the weirder stuff in later shows. But I'm still hopeful we'll get something beyond the standard 2014 setlist. Obviously, even that would still be great.

I'm perhaps most interested to see if Blondie will do the entire duration of the show. In 2013, he only came on and did a few songs. Maybe they'll get Blondie to add something interesting to the requisite "Barbara Ann!"

For $140, I think I'd be unhappy with the standard 2014 setlist...just being honest! At the very least, throw in Funky Pretty, You Need A Mess Of Help To Stand alone, and about half the NPP album.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 10:56:22 AM by Eric Aniversario » Logged
wantsomecorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2015, 10:54:43 AM »

Or all email it to him as a submission for his website!  LOL

On our way through this "backstage" maze, Bruce joined up with the group and said hello, singing "It Never Rains in Southern California" and joking with some of the older ladies. I'm not sure if they knew he was a Beach Boy or simply an enthusiastic elderly gay gentleman.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2015, 10:56:11 AM »

Rodriguez is terrific. Anybody thinking about complaining about his opening set, crack open "Cold Fact" first. Or watch the movie... sure beats a bunch of fusion noodling going on and on and on and on.

It's going to be pretty special. We won't have the luxury of seeing these guys touring for much longer, ya know!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 11:01:28 AM by ontor pertawst » Logged
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2015, 10:57:07 AM »

Or all email it to him as a submission for his website!  LOL
No e-mail for me till after the show! :-)
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2015, 11:02:29 AM »

For $140, I think I'd be unhappy with the standard 2014 setlist...just being honest!
Amazing, that seat price. I saw The Beach Boys at Celebrity Theatre in Phoenix in 1972. I was maybe 15 feet from the stage and the price of the ticket $3.75. It was a 2 hour plus show too. Show prices are out of control these days.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2015, 11:07:59 AM »

For $140, I think I'd be unhappy with the standard 2014 setlist...just being honest!
Amazing, that seat price. I saw The Beach Boys at Celebrity Theatre in Phoenix in 1972. I was maybe 15 feet from the stage and the price of the ticket $3.75. It was a 2 hour plus show too. Show prices are out of control these days.

yeah, I think so also; but then I wonder how much it costs to have your equipment moved and setup, how much the promoter should make, and what do all the musicains make?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2015, 11:12:19 AM »

Yeah pretty crazy prices. But in the end, I always remember the shows, and the money doesn't seem so important years later. I figure that I've seen a number of free or cheap shows, and the prices average out to about $20 each. :-)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2015, 11:14:16 AM »

Rodriguez is terrific. Anybody thinking about complaining about his opening set, crack open "Cold Fact" first. Or watch the movie... sure beats a bunch of fusion noodling going on and on and on and on.

It's going to be pretty special. We won't have the luxury of seeing these guys touring for much longer, ya know!

I'm not that familiar with his music, and haven't seen the movie yet, but what I've heard, I've liked a lot. Just hoping Brian doesn't have a shorter set, or that it's like the Beck shows in format.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
DC310
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2015, 11:22:58 AM »

Does anyone know if format will be Rodriguez opens, then BW & Co?  Or is it like Jeff Beck tour where BW will have a set, then JB, then BW + JB?
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2015, 11:24:55 AM »

I'm hoping the former, personally, although the idea of them performing together is interesting.

ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2015, 11:25:36 AM »

It's got to be the former with Rodriguez opening. He isn't co-headlining, he's billed as "with special guest." So we should be free of an punishing Beck-style interlude, helplessly wondering where Al is...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 11:26:29 AM by ontor pertawst » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 31 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx