gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680756 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 04:07:34 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: My take on Mike vs Brian  (Read 30365 times)
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 17, 2015, 12:47:57 PM »

Exactly, Billy!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 17, 2015, 12:48:47 PM »

There was also the collaboration with Status Quo on Funx3.  They did UK tv appearances with Brian.  I couldn't believe he was there!  This was all around the same time as Stars and Stripes so I guess he really was back with the band.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: June 17, 2015, 01:03:47 PM »

Anybody saying Melinda is worse than Landy are a complete nutcase.

I didn't say worse.  I implied that I believe Melinda is also controlling Brian and the message.
Do you have proof to back up your libelous statement?

Of course there's no proof. It's typical, unfortunately.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: June 17, 2015, 01:09:16 PM »

Yeah, looking at the post history it seems to be a trend.

Cue Queen's 1979 hit song now...

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 17, 2015, 01:10:12 PM »

Billy is wearing a Freddie Mercury outfit! Cool Guy

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: June 17, 2015, 01:16:26 PM »

And yes, there were people, including some in Brian's own family, who were calling Melinda "Mel-Landy". Ginger Blake even said the life that Brian was living with Melinda was "the surrendered Brian Wilson" that had grown complacent.  Mike Love told Don Was, which Was repeated, that if Brian was off his meds, the would write better songs. So everyone has an angle. Its so sad, but that is how business runs. Look at the history of CCR and you will see brother against brother. It happens.

And consider those angles too. After a divorce, actually it would have been over a decade at least after the divorce, can anyone reasonably expect a friend or relative to have good things to say about a new relationship? Feelings are still raw, the negativity of the whole thing still colors opinions and forms biases against people, it's a part of everyday life and something that happens in nearly every case of divorce or even a relationship gone bad for whatever reason. It's not positive, and that comes out. In this case, consider too how much contact she actually had with Brian in the intervening years. Weigh the words and opinions with that.

As for the Mike comment, what screams out to me at least is look at the conditions being set up or implied. So Brian was writing with Mike, he was writing for the Beach Boys, they had Don Was ready to pull it together in the studio, they even had a handful of original songs and collaborations that some of these participants seemed excited about...

But Mike thought they weren't good enough, or he could be doing better songs? I won't even get into the reason he gave, but look at that kind of opinion at face value. They wanted Brian back working with the band, he was willing and able and did. Mike wanted to write songs with Brian, they wrote songs together as soon as the lawsuit cleared up. They wanted material for a new album, if you believe Don Was (and I have no reason not to) they had a supply of up to 40 songs to choose from, and we have a few that we can hear were worked up in the studio. Carl vetoed Soul Searchin, that we know. But how about the other 3 dozen on hand and whatever Mike and Brian were writing together at that time?

But now it's an issue of quality? So it wasn't Brian's participation, it wasn't his willingness to participate, it didn't involve him wanting to work with the Beach Boys on new music because he got involved in doing just that...

...instead it's the quality of the songs and songwriting? Is it just me that sees more than a few issues revolving around that? For one, it paints a different picture to say the songs Brian and Mike were writing didn't meet whatever standards of "quality" seem to have been in place than it does to find other reasons why they didn't write together much after that. Not to mention the fact the Beach Boys basically were in ruins after 1998 in several ways.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 17, 2015, 01:23:52 PM »

If anyone believes that the Mike vs. Brian angle is a uniquely complicated knot, step into the world of the Kinks!

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/dave-davies-kinks-mick-avory/

The bulk of the problem resides with those who don't know how much they don't know.

Somewhere in the bizarro world, where up is down and dogs sleep with cats, there is a Kink-centric Andrew G. Doe type. A man who has devoted decades of his life to investigating Kinksonian miutiae. This man is privy to insider information, and he will guard it...with his honor, with his life. And he will lord over you with said information. Yay verily.

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: June 17, 2015, 01:25:03 PM »

LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 17, 2015, 01:29:08 PM »

LOL

PICTURES!!!!  I DEMAND PICTURES 

As a matter of fact, I think it should be a mod requirement to post their own pics in Freddie Mercury outfits

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: June 17, 2015, 03:00:38 PM »

I didn't say worse.  I implied that I believe Melinda is also controlling Brian and the message.

Dictionary definition of "out of the frying pan and into the fire": said when you move from a bad or difficult situation to one that is worse.

You were saying ?  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: June 17, 2015, 03:02:39 PM »

He ain't saying nothing no more....that job has been laid off.

Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 17, 2015, 03:04:26 PM »

He hath been smitheth with thine mighty banhammer?

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 17, 2015, 03:08:49 PM »

Thou has been banished with thy mighty ban hammer.

Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 17, 2015, 03:09:39 PM »

Such a beautiful thing. As if all the jimmies in the world had been rustled and were suddenly unrustled.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: June 17, 2015, 03:10:28 PM »

He ain't saying nothing no more....that job has been laid off.

Might one say there's a sudden Job vacancy ?

I'll get my coat...

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Komera
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 17, 2015, 04:52:13 PM »

I've got a half-sister and a uncle that are fighting over about $1000 worth of life insurance proceeds right now.  They both think they're right.  The rest of us think they're crazy.

At least your family's fighting.  There's a lot of ignoring going on in mine.  Most of my paternal side are racist Bible-beaters.  My late father seems to have been the one notable exception since he married my dark skinned Isan mother.  The entire immediate family is treated like the black sheep.

~~ The MeAjur Komera Waddi ~~
job
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 17, 2015, 04:54:21 PM »

Do you have proof to back up your libelous statement?

I voiced an opinion counselor.  Get your terminology correct.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 17, 2015, 04:55:46 PM »

How the f*** are you posting after being banned?

Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 17, 2015, 05:09:56 PM »

He was never banned or the ban was lifted.

18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 17, 2015, 05:10:04 PM »

How many times does this clown have to ruin our circus.

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 17, 2015, 05:18:33 PM »

Can't have a circus without clowns, dontchasee.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: June 17, 2015, 05:24:16 PM »

He was banned, I saw the confirmation.  I never lifted his ban, and neither did GF.

I just Re banned him.

Komera
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 17, 2015, 05:28:09 PM »

He was banned, I saw the confirmation.  I never lifted his ban, and neither did GF.

I just Re banned him.

Just how bad does someone have to be to get banned?

~~ The MeAjur Komera Waddi ~~
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 17, 2015, 05:30:13 PM »

You have to be a super duper meanie head.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 17, 2015, 05:31:59 PM »

Or the real nobody. Wink

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx