gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680853 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 09:04:00 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Carl's Grave  (Read 11591 times)
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2015, 11:18:19 PM »

Apparently Brian, Carl, and Dennis' Great-great-great grandfather Henry Wilson was born about 45 minutes from my hometown.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=63735212

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
halblaineisgood
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2015, 02:54:28 AM »

I forgot that I was gonna never post again 'cause I liked the post count of '2020' .  
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 02:59:03 AM by halblaineisgood » Logged
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2015, 11:24:28 PM »

Apparently Brian, Carl, and Dennis' Great-great-great grandfather Henry Wilson was born about 45 minutes from my hometown.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=63735212

A seriously distant ancestor of Brian's was killed at the Battle of Flodden in 1513.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
BriansBack
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2015, 08:18:55 PM »

Visited the park earlier this summer and was really blown away with all the big names. Don Knotts had a great plaque with a beautifully etched plaque with all his famous characters portrayed. Rodney Dangerfield was prominent and can just picture him picking this spot as one last up yours to all those that stood in his way they out his zany life.

Carl's grave is positioned in he back left corner, under the shade of a beautiful tree. Very peaceful vibes at this place, I must say.

J.G. Dev
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2015, 03:59:50 AM »

Visited the park earlier this summer and was really blown away with all the big names. Don Knotts had a great plaque with a beautifully etched plaque with all his famous characters portrayed. Rodney Dangerfield was prominent and can just picture him picking this spot as one last up yours to all those that stood in his way they out his zany life.

Carl's grave is positioned in he back left corner, under the shade of a beautiful tree. Very peaceful vibes at this place, I must say.

The funny thing about Don Knotts stone is that when I visited there about 6 years ago I sought his grave out as I'm a big fan of his. The marker that you describe was not the one on his grave then. It was a very small stone with just his name and dates on it. Very plain for such an accomplished man. It must have been a temporary one as I've seen the one you are talking about in pics and it's very cool. Also, if I remember correctly Rodney Dangerfields stone has an inscription that says "here goes the neighborhood".
Senator Blutarsky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2015, 06:03:25 AM »

You can go back several generations of Wilsons to their ancestors who lived in the 1700's on the find a grave site.

Geneology is a hobby of mine so I find this  pretty cool. Ive added some of my relatives to the site over the last few years.
chaki
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2015, 09:13:22 AM »

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2015, 01:15:57 AM »

The Wikipedia entry includes an up to date list of the famous and formerly famous interred there:

Westwood Village Memorial Park Cemetery

Extra info: Alan Boyd informed me by PM in 1998 that all the surviving Beach Boys were at Audree's funeral, so that might be when Carl was last present in the same place as the other 4 before his death.

Given the funeral was very likely early/mid December 1997, that's a near certainty. Brian last saw Carl when they both watched the 1998 Super Bowl at Jimmy Guercio's house, January 25th. He died nine days later.

Do any pictures exist of them at Audree's funeral?

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2015, 03:51:33 PM »

Slightly off topic, but I assume Carl's estate was in relatively good shaped when he passed?
Komera
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2015, 09:23:54 PM »

that's a grim state of affairs.  any idea, agd, whether anything is implied by the lack of identifying factors on murry's resting place?  (if it's sour grapes, they're particularly sour...)

ps - minnie riperton?  dead?  where have i been?

Minnie Riperton, sadly, has been dead since 1979.  Her other-wordly performance of "Loving You" is truly one of the greatest recorded vocals ever!  She is eternal.

Who?

(I was one year old for most of 1979.)

~~ The MeAjur Komera Waddi ~~
wilojarston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2015, 09:41:17 PM »

Not sure Brian would want to be buried there when that day comes.  That cemetary is just blocks away from where Dr. Landy's office was during the late '80s while Brian was working on his first solo album!
Junkstar
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2015, 04:28:07 PM »

I just visited Carl's grave a few days ago. Strange as it may seem, I do it whenever I travel to LA. That quote gets me every time too. I get the feeling he was not just deeply talented, but a kind soul as well.
bonnie bella
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2015, 11:45:49 AM »

Seeing this thread was what made me decide to become a member here.  Carl's grave looks like a beautiful spot.

If anybody else goes there, say 'hi' from bonnie.  Smiley
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx