gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680555 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 05:36:38 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2786 times)
Hushabye
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2015, 03:52:11 AM »

Hi, long time lurker, first time poster etc...

Have been a BB fan all my life through my dad. First musical memories are of listening to LA Light Album and Keep in The Summer Alive. Some would argue my BB experience could only improve from there!

Was taken to a number of BB Stomp conventions in Greenford as a kid around the late 80s. Only one I missed was of course the one BW showed up at!! Undecided

Well BB music has always been in my blood and my dad and I have great experiences at BW at RFH for first Pet Sounds and Smile shows and seeing the BBs at the 50th anniversary show at Wembley which was fantastic. Unfortunately my Dad passed away last year after a short illness, so I have been gorging over the Beach Boys ever since as it really is the strongest emotional tie I have to him and dropping the needle onto the records he left feels both beautiful and bittersweet.

Really enjoyed popping into the board to see what's hapoening over the last few months, so felt it was time to sign in and contribute in some way...
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 05:08:18 AM »

Welcome to Smiley, Hushabye. Sorry to hear about your dad.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 07:26:56 AM »

Welcome!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
MaryUSA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 07:52:26 AM »

Hi all,

Welcome!!!  Sorry about your Dad. 
undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2015, 08:00:25 PM »

Hello and welcome!

I'm glad the Beach Boys are able to provide you with some emotional comfort. So sorry for your loss, although I'm sure he was a great man if he got you into the Beach Boys! Smiley

"We are pushed to the wall as the heap fills the room to its limits. The window breaks. The house bursts. A heartbreakingly fine Scotch plaid passes before our eyes. Pinstripes carry us into Manhasset Bay."
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx