gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681020 Posts in 27627 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 16, 2024, 12:48:44 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pavement  (Read 3191 times)
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

Since I cannot rouse heaven I intend to raise hell

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2006, 06:23:24 PM »

C'mon, show the love.

"Range Life"

There's no greater anthem to the apathetic teen wandering around after dark wondering about life.

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 12:03:20 AM »

It's okay.  I just happen to really hate 90's indie rock. Maybe that's cause I was a teenager in the 90's, but it all sounds weak, lame and whiny to my ears. No balls. All the songs really do sound the same.

But...I definitely have a higher tolerance for Pavement then alot of other bands. Back in the early 90's they all sort of sound like the Pixies and Nirvana. Now all "rock bands" sound like Blink 182, with some pansy shouting the lyrics.

edit: by the way, I dusted off my copy of Crooked Rain and listened to Range Life while I wrote this post. Just so you know, I DID listen to it.

Let us all stay teenage gamblers listening to the radio.
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

Since I cannot rouse heaven I intend to raise hell

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 05:28:46 PM »

Ever type so much about something and then delete it figuring saying nothing is more appropriate? It wasn't against your post but how I feel welcomed by their music in a way.

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 06:24:19 PM »

I don't have the right to say a style of music sucks. Or decide what's valid or good for somebody else. Obviously its something I can't appreciate, BUT I happen to have strong feelings about 90's indie rock bands. I'm not an aspiring musician but my dislike of the current music scene is what drove me look to the music of the past. During the 90's I remember feeling like there weren't any good bands and that I'd missed out on something. It's not just bands, the production of those records are so bland too. They could have been recorded anytime, anywhere. Where did all the studio expertise go?

Let us all stay teenage gamblers listening to the radio.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx