-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:03:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  sugarandspice
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: sugarandspice  (Read 35949 times)
l00cid
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2006, 07:47:34 AM »

this is jess' / sugarandspices boyfriend.  really her reason for dissapearing was that we moved and dont have the internet anymore.  but she was kinda turned off by the stuff in march anyways.  im not sure what program it was that she was with.  her aunt sent her down there.  i dont think it was specifically and aids thing, but i know she did that kinda stuff too.  when i talk to her i'll ask her.  peace

adam 
Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2006, 08:21:15 AM »

Is english a second language for you and sugar&spice?

Let us all stay teenage gamblers listening to the radio.
l00cid
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2006, 08:36:20 AM »

no, english is our native language.  i dont even know any other languages...jess knows quite a few: spanish, french, and a bit of arabic, but english is her first language.
Rerun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2006, 09:52:02 AM »

this is jess' / sugarandspices boyfriend.  really her reason for dissapearing was that we moved and dont have the internet anymore.  but she was kinda turned off by the stuff in march anyways.  im not sure what program it was that she was with.  her aunt sent her down there.  i dont think it was specifically and aids thing, but i know she did that kinda stuff too.  when i talk to her i'll ask her.  peace

adam 

You don't seem to know much about your girlfriend there...

"Today, in our increasingly secular world, loving one another doesn't just mean "loving."  It means being forced to accept as normal those behaviors and lifestyles that are absolutely abnormal.  It's not enough to live and let live.  You must chant their mantra as well; you must repent, renounce your own values, and pronounce those of the radical left as superior and adopt them."
l00cid
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2006, 09:56:32 AM »

uhm, i've been with her for 5 years i think i know a bit...she doesnt like to talk about her experiences in kenya, so i dont really ask.
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

Since I cannot rouse heaven I intend to raise hell

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2006, 11:16:07 AM »

Ah, thanks a lot then.

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2006, 03:07:40 PM »

youre joking right?

can you even hear the girl singing? and you want to criticize the drumming?
A bad rhythm section can be very distracting.

And the girl's alright in the verses.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2006, 04:24:20 PM »

If you ask me, those little bastards shouldn't quit their day jobs.

Susan
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2006, 06:30:07 PM »

But is it ageism to state a truth that one has learned by getting older?  The young won't believe us, but that doesn't make what we say - the truths we have to tell - any less true.

I remember that stage...nobody around me knew anything...and neither did i.  I was glad when *i*, at least, left it behind...
;-)

All of My Dad's Truck's on-line tracks all in one place!
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2006, 08:07:52 PM »

If you ask me, those little bastards shouldn't quit their day jobs.

Imagine being one of those kids and going to school the next day?

I wonder if Kurt Cobain was swishing around in his jar of ashes when he saw that cover.

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2006, 08:12:52 PM »

But is it ageism to state a truth that one has learned by getting older?  The young won't believe us, but that doesn't make what we say - the truths we have to tell - any less true.

I remember that stage...nobody around me knew anything...and neither did i.  I was glad when *i*, at least, left it behind...
;-)

I'm not retarded you know. I'm 18 years old and while I know little of the world, it's not like my opinion is invalid because I'm not of an age to truly respect, realize, and respond to wisdom correctly. My head is in the clouds a little because I've been pushed into a few different styles of living and none of them have of yet made much sense. Do you attack Brian Wilson's opinions of him asking, "What's it all about?" when he sings it? By my reasoning, it's at least a decent idea to start off searching for answers and insight now before I grow too old and cynical to think properly.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2006, 02:28:42 AM »

Searching for answers is a laudable pastime. Of course it helps if you listen to the replies to your questions, even when they run counter to your expectations. In my experience, the vast majority of teenagers/early twenty-year-olds (myself included, when I was), exhibit an arrogance that can be positively breath-taking: they know where it's at and no old fart is going to tell them any different.

Fact of the matter is, like myself back in the day, they know precisely f***-all about life and the living thereof, not to mention exhibiting a curiously victorian attitude towards relationships beyond their age range. "EEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWW, that's GROSS !!!", I was told when they learned that nnot only did I have a partner but that we enjoyed a full relationship. I guess my laughing until I cried didn't help matters any... but what else could I do ?

[lest anyone should think me tarring them all with the same brush, one of my staff is closing on 18, and she's a joy to work with - diligent,intelligent and we have the most hilarious conversations on many subjects. But she is a shining exception, although granted my store is located in an area with a very shallow gene pool. More of a puddle, in fact.]

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
scooter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2006, 04:30:49 AM »

Born in England and lived there for twelve years then moved here to New Jersey. Been here a long time now, which I hadn't realized until recently.

kinda surprised that America doesn't force immigrants to become citizens...at least not yet...
not that I know of anyway...
regarding the musical performance--was it FUN ? for somebody? anybody?
THAT'S should be what matters...was it good? well, er, uh, hmm...(cough)
just an old geezer's opinion, and IT doesn't matter, either...

I know a lot and I know there's a lot I don't know
Jeff Mason
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2006, 06:10:44 AM »

Two thoughts --

1) Scooter, that whole immigration thing is becoming a HUGE issue in the US especially regarding illegal immigration.

2) While it is true that age brings wisdom and we should share it, there are two types of people:  those who listen to others and don't require experience (but also are a little more hesitant in life to get things done), which would be me, and those who have to experience things to learn (but probably also boldly do things that need done in some cases).  Neither way is right or wrong, but I have learned to just blow it off when a teenager ignores counsel -- they may learn it from me or from life, but they will learn eventually.
scooter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2006, 08:04:05 AM »

Two thoughts --

1) Scooter, that whole immigration thing is becoming a HUGE issue in the US especially regarding illegal immigration.

2) While it is true that age brings wisdom and we should share it, there are two types of people:  those who listen to others and don't require experience (but also are a little more hesitant in life to get things done), which would be me, and those who have to experience things to learn (but probably also boldly do things that need done in some cases).  Neither way is right or wrong, but I have learned to just blow it off when a teenager ignores counsel -- they may learn it from me or from life, but they will learn eventually.

regarding your first thought--I'm gonna leave that one alone for now...gotta watch my blood pressure...
as for #2--I don't think age AUTOMATICALLY brings wisdom, but however old a wise person might be, they should share it
and prepare to be ignored...as far as being hesitant in life to get things done, that hit so close to home the walls shook...
and OF COURSE  teenagers ignore counsel (from their wise elders) that's part of the job description for being a teenager, at
least it was when I was a teenager...

I know a lot and I know there's a lot I don't know
Susan
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2006, 08:57:26 AM »

;-)

I'm not retarded you know. I'm 18 years old and while I know little of the world, it's not like my opinion is invalid because I'm not of an age to truly respect, realize, and respond to wisdom correctly. My head is in the clouds a little because I've been pushed into a few different styles of living and none of them have of yet made much sense. Do you attack Brian Wilson's opinions of him asking, "What's it all about?" when he sings it? By my reasoning, it's at least a decent idea to start off searching for answers and insight now before I grow too old and cynical to think properly.

Whoa there, Finchster.  I never said you were retarded, nor did i ever intend to imply that you are.  I also don't think i said anything that invalidates your opinion, or anything else. 

I have f***ed up royally in my 44 years, many times and in many ways.  I was in my early 30s before i realized that i was actually growing up and maturing and learning wisdom.  I spent YEARS questioning, wondering...ignoring...being stupid...and, as Andrew so accurately portrays, knowing everything

You are being very age-appropriate in your wondering and questioning, Steve.  It's what being a late-teen and early-20-something is about.  It probably doesn't help to be told that, and this won't help much either, but This, too, will pass.

At no age do we know everything.  All we can do is the best we can do - be the best person we can be, make the best choices, try not to f*** it up too badly...and trust that the universe will take care of the rest.  I personally recommend trying to have as much fun as possible, because i see no value in going through life miserable, but i do realize that for some people, miserable IS fun.

I feel sorry for those people.

Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2006, 01:32:55 PM »

Not caring is so much easier.

YAY APATHY! Grin

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2006, 09:17:22 PM »

People that are stupid pieces of sh*t stay that way.

Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2006, 02:48:50 PM »

I personally recommend trying to have as much fun as possible, because i see no value in going through life miserable, but i do realize that for some people, miserable IS fun.

I feel sorry for those people.

It's not that for some people misery truly does become their ideal of fun. It's more that they are prone to thinking about the cruelties in life rather than just ignoring them and having fun all day. We could have fun all day long but in the end it wouldn't mean anything to us. Why did Brian Wilson write a song called "Till I Die" when he was the same person who composed "All Sumer Long" and "Fun, Fun, Fun"? Simply because he tuned into the fact that sometimes everything sucks and that that becomes the ultimate reality. I bet the boys sure were pissed off when Brian brought them 'Till I Die" because nobody likes to face up to the ultimate truth that we all have in front of us.

I feel sorry for those people who only strive to have constant fun and don't take time to examine the world with a closer eye.

Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2006, 02:51:26 PM »

I am one of those types of people who don't go out seeking fun. I have never been to an amusement park more than once, and rarely wake up with "Okay, let's find something fun to do!" on my mind. Fun is great for a while but I really do think that there is something with more substance to it than that in life.

Found a great link: http://www.soundofgrace.com/v10/n7/ecc_pt1_jgr.htm
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 04:34:55 PM by Atticus Finch » Logged

l00cid
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2006, 10:34:38 PM »

hey man, sorry it took me so long to reply...i kept forgetting to ask.  the name of the organization is called Global Routes...i believe the url was www.globalroutes.org
jess says hi to everyone btw
peace
sugarandspice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2006, 05:13:42 AM »

rOCKIN GOLODEN  BOOTS ON THE  ROAD TO THE RICHES got a poem thats  cute  called an ode to  my bitches Afro sup my  kiddies  long time no  chat  I see that I live on in infamy (yeah modest arent I?) hahaha

holla a a playa

xoxoxo
suga
Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2006, 01:40:53 PM »

Learn to speak english.  Angry

Susan
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2006, 05:39:00 AM »

Steve, just because some of us look for as much fun as possible in life doesn't mean that we're blind to, or ignorant of, the problems in the world.  I can't speak for anyone but myself, but look - i can't solve those problems.  I can't change global sh*t.  I can only do what i can do in my own world, so that's what i do.  And maybe it's a Mary Poppins attitude, but i also believe that "work" and chores don't have to be miserable.  I LOOK for the fun because there's so much that's negative in the world, i need something to counteract it.

Different strokes for different folks, i guess...but my choice is to have as much fun as is legally and humanly possible.  Misery abounds, but that doesn't mean i have to buy into it.

l00cid
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2006, 03:22:37 PM »

for a board about smIle, u people are fodaing closed minded
seems like the ppl who were around when smile was created were just the people that brian speaks of when he talks about how people werent ready for that kind of merda, those are u ppl...still arent ready for it, doubt u'll ever get it....go on wandering on
peace and love
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 03:27:33 PM by l00cid » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: