-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:34:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  sugarandspice
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: sugarandspice  (Read 35977 times)
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2006, 01:16:33 PM »

LOL

why are you so angry? you need a xanax or 10.

Because he's awake. Ya'll would do well to try it yourselves.

Harmless joke? f*** on that, sh*t on it, then blow it up.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2006, 01:23:31 PM »

When the rest of clan grumpy wakes up they might stop by for a visit.

LOL

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

Since I cannot rouse heaven I intend to raise hell

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2006, 01:27:22 PM »

It's the end of the world.

Cabana Boy, once again like so many others have done too, has exposed my vain attempts at being a thinking person.

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2006, 01:32:48 PM »

It's the end of the world.

Cabana Boy, once again like so many others have done too, has exposed my vain attempts at being a thinking person.

Some of us just ain't wahtever-dude-it's-all-good neo-hippies.
Ridiculing someone for having scruples ain't the way.

Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2006, 01:34:53 PM »

I see your point and I don't blame people for standing up for their own thoughts. There's just a part of me that wonders why we wait like sharks on message boards for the opportunity to strike.

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2006, 01:39:56 PM »

I see your point and I don't blame people for standing up for their own thoughts. There's just a part of me that wonders why we wait like sharks on message boards for the opportunity to strike.

I don't, and I don't think my man Sebastian is either. But, you know, when we see something that jibes strongly with a certain old-world vision of morality, you know, we speak out, strongly. That's all. Not in favor of censorship.

Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2006, 01:43:09 PM »

Be back in a few mins, I have to shower, the armpits smell.

Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: July 13, 2006, 01:53:43 PM »

I was at a concert the other day, there were only like five or six white people there besides me. But that didn't stop me from enjoying it.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2006, 02:07:37 PM »

I don't, and I don't think my man Sebastian is either. But, you know, when we see something that jibes strongly with a certain old-world vision of morality, you know, we speak out, strongly. That's all. Not in favor of censorship.

I have to disagree, you guys are like hawks circling waiting for the right moment to attack. Have you not noticed the pattern? People might say something that upsets you and you come to defend your point of view and thats cool, I can dig it. But when RERUN himself says ANY little thing that rubs you the wrong way not only do you and sebastian come out to share your point of view (which is rare) but you just blatently start throwing insults (which is often) saying he's not human, that he's an animal, yadda yadda yadda. Hey, I'm all for open discussions on hot topics, and Im for people defending their points of view. But you guys take it to another level...we all get it, you dont like him. How many times do we have to go through this? If something he says really bugs you, why dont you message him privately if you feel so strongly about it? You guys LOVE to publically lynch him whenever you have the opportunity.

In this situation, for example, rerun's little joke was pretty lame...and in poor taste, Ill admit it. But its not the end of the world, it was just a lame joke. Sebastian can come on here and say that he's an idiot for making that comment and disagree with him...but instead he takes it further...and what does he get out of it? I mean, do you guys get off with bringing people down just because you disagree with them? Don't you have anything better to do?  I never said anything insulting to Sebastian, I disagreed with him and he calls me a venal cocksucker? Give me a break... Infact, same goes with you Ian...when I defended Chuck that one time, instead of saying you disagree with me you just blatently started insulting me, you even took it to another level by saying if you ever saw me you'd fight me. PLEASE!

You claim you come here to speak out strongly against his point of view...if thats the case why does it always end up into a bitter insult match? When you cant further prove your point are you left to just insult someone? Come on man...chill out.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 02:09:49 PM by Joe- » Logged

--
Cabana Boy
« Reply #84 on: July 13, 2006, 02:11:02 PM »

I have to disagree, you guys are like hawks circling waiting for the right moment to attack. Have you not noticed the pattern?
Utter sh*t.
I've hardly been here the last 6 weeks. By the look of it, nor has Ian much.
So, bollocks to that.
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 13, 2006, 02:14:01 PM »

Well, you're absolutely right. I did want to point that out...but I also wanted to point out that its convinient you guys make a strong apperance after a lame comment from Rerun.

--
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: July 13, 2006, 03:55:29 PM »

Who here is an adult? Raise your hands. Who here has been acting like an adult? Huh...no hands.

Chuck, thanks for posting the link. I was just discussing this with a co-worker. I work for AT&T, and a majority of my co-workers are black, at least in my workstation. Yet, I have seen such diversity in like and dislikes; the co-worker,Jerod, I was talking to this about, was telling me how one of the other unit's techs was blasting white people and got on Jerod for having Sublime,Soundgarden,  and Linkin Park on his iPod- conviviently overlooking the fact he ALSO had Pimp C on it. Well, the other guys in my unit got up in this guy's face and told him to shut himself and cut that talk out. It ended up being all talk, but my point is I've seen that firsthand, and am proud to work with people who DON'T fit that stereotype.

Just my two cents.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 13, 2006, 04:19:00 PM »

Who here has been acting like an adult? Huh...no hands.

My hand's up, and it ain't open.

All I said was that I had a friend who was black who was a big BB fan. Then I jumped in to defend my friend Sebastian. That's all.

Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: July 13, 2006, 05:10:26 PM »

My brother is a big BB fan.  He's not black, but man is he big.

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 13, 2006, 05:36:18 PM »

I hear some people been talkin' me down,
Bring up my name, pass it 'round.
They don't mention happy times
They do their thing, I'll do mine.
Ooh baby, that's hard to change
I can't tell them how to feel.
Some get stoned, some get strange,
But sooner or later it all gets real.
Walk on, walk on,
Walk on, walk on.
I remember the good old days,
Stayed up all night gettin' crazed.
Then the money was not so good,
But we still did the best we could.
Ooh baby, that's hard to change
I can't tell them how to feel.
Some get stoned, some get strange,
But sooner or later it all gets real.
Walk on, walk on,

Rerun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 13, 2006, 05:39:20 PM »

Woah...just got back from work and noticed all of this.  I really didn't mean it as anything offensive.  I live in Detroit, MI and have black friends and co-workers and they all think I'm corny for loving the Beach Boys.  I had a swap with one of them...they lent me Kanye, I lent them SMiLE just to get a feel for the other's tastes.  He didn't mind it, but it wasn't his cup of tea...

It was just a dumb comment, as stated, and really, honestly did not mean to offend anybody by it.  I apologize to anyone who took it that way, but let's not lose our cool.  I've been to two Brian Wilson concerts and a Beach Boys concert in Detroit and never seen an African-American.  I'm pretty sure it's not a secret that it's not their demographic.

Are we all so sensitive though that we cannot even mention race and recognize that differences in culture exist?  I'm sure there are black Beach Boys fans in existence, but I wonder what percent of the fanbase they truly make up?  Can't imagine too much...

"Today, in our increasingly secular world, loving one another doesn't just mean "loving."  It means being forced to accept as normal those behaviors and lifestyles that are absolutely abnormal.  It's not enough to live and let live.  You must chant their mantra as well; you must repent, renounce your own values, and pronounce those of the radical left as superior and adopt them."
Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: July 13, 2006, 05:44:09 PM »

Are we all so sensitive

YES  Smiley

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
Rerun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 13, 2006, 05:54:33 PM »

Black fans of 'white' music find it's a lonely bridge
Chicago Sun-Times,  Nov 21, 2005  by Richard Roeper
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4155/is_20051121/ai_n15908752

Pretty interesting article...I do always wonder, as the article points out, why there is much more diverse interests in music by white people than by blacks.  It seems often times, but not always, that they are much more concentrated on hip-hop, r&b, etc. than on rock and roll and pop music.   Now I work with a guy who doesn't really care for that stuff as much and is actually big into techno music and grunge, but that does seem to be a rarity.  Conversely, I know many white people who enjoy that stuff, but also love hip-hop, r&b, etc.

Actually, I think I started a thread about this whole topic a while back, but maybe that was before a scrubdown or something.  It certainly didn't have the outrage it does now...

"Today, in our increasingly secular world, loving one another doesn't just mean "loving."  It means being forced to accept as normal those behaviors and lifestyles that are absolutely abnormal.  It's not enough to live and let live.  You must chant their mantra as well; you must repent, renounce your own values, and pronounce those of the radical left as superior and adopt them."
Jeff Mason
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 13, 2006, 06:26:49 PM »

Quick question -- and it is serious.  Chris Tucker made the same joke as a black man in some movie when Jackie Chan put the BB on his radio station.  He said "don't change a black man's radio" as if to say, black men don't listen to the BB.  Seriously, was that racist?  If not, what is the diff from Rerun's joke?
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 13, 2006, 06:35:11 PM »

Haha, that part is great. When he switches the station again to the hip hop track and he starts dancing 'Can you do this to the Beach Boys?'

--
Jason
« Reply #95 on: July 13, 2006, 07:49:30 PM »

As the other moderator I would just like to say that I would love more than anything to see Rerun permanently ostracised from this site. I think Ian and Sebastian are right to call him out for who he is and what he is.

And before Joe and Billy C claim I'm being partial and taking sides - f * c k YOU. I'm just doing what's right.
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 13, 2006, 08:00:43 PM »

No thanks, you're not my type.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 08:04:52 PM by Joe- » Logged

--
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 13, 2006, 08:04:47 PM »

But you are taking sides...and no thanks, you're not my type.

Nothing wrong with taking the right side.

Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 13, 2006, 08:08:20 PM »

I can't disagree with that.

--
Rerun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 13, 2006, 08:12:58 PM »

And what was the wrong side I apparantly "took" that you had to defend against?  Or anybody on this board pertaining to this thread.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: