-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:41:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  sugarandspice
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: sugarandspice  (Read 35957 times)
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 13, 2006, 08:22:04 PM »

Hey, I'll admit I may have jumped the gun and assumed the comment was more serious than it was.
But reread your comment than look at your signature. Then you may understand my confusion.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
Rerun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 13, 2006, 08:30:52 PM »

Hey, I'll admit I may have jumped the gun and assumed the comment was more serious than it was.
But reread your comment than look at your signature. Then you may understand my confusion.

I only have that as my signature as a comment on how everybody here tries to label me.  Any opinion I have, shared by millions upon millions of other mainstream thinkers has been ridiculed and twisted so as to shape me into some kind of extremist that doesn't even deserve to breathe.  Typically, I couldn't care less, but when it gets to the point that this ridiculous perception leads to me being temporarily banned or, as Jason wishes, permanantly, then yeah, I start to care some.  I've never said a mean word to anybody in this place yet I've been called every rotten name in the book.  I don't even know who the heck this Cabana Boy is (and all his aliases), but someone should take a look at his past messages to me for a sample of what real and absolute hate looks like. 

It's disgusting that Steve or Joe or Chuck ever have to comment to defend me when I haven't done anything with poor intentions or in ignorance.  This place is such a Good Ol' Boys Club sometimes.

"Today, in our increasingly secular world, loving one another doesn't just mean "loving."  It means being forced to accept as normal those behaviors and lifestyles that are absolutely abnormal.  It's not enough to live and let live.  You must chant their mantra as well; you must repent, renounce your own values, and pronounce those of the radical left as superior and adopt them."
Rerun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 13, 2006, 08:44:05 PM »

Hmmm...I just reread my last post and it's pretty Victim...y.  Just want to rectify it a tad...I'm sure there are some things I've said that weren't too cool to people, but I don't think it's a consistent overly personal thing.

"Today, in our increasingly secular world, loving one another doesn't just mean "loving."  It means being forced to accept as normal those behaviors and lifestyles that are absolutely abnormal.  It's not enough to live and let live.  You must chant their mantra as well; you must repent, renounce your own values, and pronounce those of the radical left as superior and adopt them."
Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 13, 2006, 08:59:54 PM »

As the other moderator I would just like to say that I would love more than anything to see Rerun permanently ostracised from this site. I think Ian and Sebastian are right to call him out for who he is and what he is.

And before Joe and Billy C claim I'm being partial and taking sides - f * c k YOU. I'm just doing what's right.

It must be pretty uncomfortable walking around with that stick up your ass.  Wink
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 09:28:05 PM by Mickey Mouse » Logged

Let us all stay teenage gamblers listening to the radio.
Jason
« Reply #104 on: July 13, 2006, 09:01:54 PM »

As the other moderator I would just like to say that I would love more than anything to see Rerun permanently ostracised from this site. I think Ian and Sebastian are right to call him out for who he is and what he is.

And before Joe and Billy C claim I'm being partial and taking sides - f o d a YOU. I'm just doing what's right.

It must be pretty uncomfortable walking around with that stick up your ass.

This coming from the same guy who's going on and on about peoples' use of the English language - takes one to know one, fella.
Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 13, 2006, 09:02:44 PM »

Rerun,

don't listen to these fools. You're pretty funny and it was obvious you were joking.

Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 13, 2006, 09:03:49 PM »

Please, Jason, don't be mad. There is nothing to be mad at.  Smiley

Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 13, 2006, 09:04:10 PM »

Man, this thread reached perfect harmony til this dude came and f***ed everything up.

What are you thinking man?

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Jason
« Reply #108 on: July 13, 2006, 09:11:41 PM »

Please, Jason, don't be mad. There is nothing to be mad at.  Smiley

You're one confused little man, aren't you? Wink
Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 13, 2006, 09:21:54 PM »

Afro
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 08:01:17 AM by Mickey Mouse » Logged

Kirk Lowdermilk
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 13, 2006, 10:41:38 PM »

I would like to mention that I do a bunch of charity work, but I don't want to make a big deal about it because that's not what it's about. I do LOTS of charity work. I wrote a check once for an organization.
Melinda
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 13, 2006, 11:26:10 PM »

I'm sorry, I realize that you are all well beyond this part of the discussion (and just slightly off of the original topic), but may I set the record straight on one point? Okay, I will anyway.

Then there was that black girlfriend Brian had in the 70's or at some point, and every other Beach Boy wanted them to break up and were embarrassed to see Brian holding her hand, etc.

This is a completely erroneous assertion. The reason for their alarm at Brian's relationship with Carolyn Williams had absolutely nothing to do with race. Brian's friends and family were opposed to yet another one of his health care providers taking advantage of him. If anyone of them was to be totally blunt and honest, they would tell you that they initially had much the same aversion to his current wife as well.

And on a different note (sorry to be sort of back on the original topic!):
Steve, I hope you find what you seek. I think that you are a remarkable young man. There is much joy in giving. Careful though, while I believe that you're not likely to find happiness through the pursuit of pleasure, I think it's important to enjoy the journey. Keep a sense of humor and have some fun along the way!

Cabana Boy
« Reply #112 on: July 14, 2006, 06:34:31 AM »

I think that you are a remarkable young man.
Anyone here could dribble on for pages of everythingispointless/otherpeopleareallstupidpigsinstieswaybeneathintellectualdeepme/myweinerhurtswhatdoesthismean? type dross, but most realise it would make them look the exact opposite of how they was trying to appear. Vain and repugnant, as opposed to "deep" and special.
If I came on talking about how some girl at my school is "physically disgusting" (for instance), I'd expect to be thought of as a div forever.
But that pillock probably could use a really big cuddle, so right on.

{{{not a footstampy protest against anything, or a stroppy gesture of any kind}}}
Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: July 14, 2006, 07:52:37 AM »

Quick question -- and it is serious.  Chris Tucker made the same joke as a black man in some movie when Jackie Chan put the BB on his radio station.  He said "don't change a black man's radio" as if to say, black men don't listen to the BB.  Seriously, was that racist?  If not, what is the diff from Rerun's joke?

Rerun's joke was not hateful or demeaning to any particular race.  It was a joke based on commonly perceived BB demographics.  Any perceived harm or foul, IMO, has been baggage brought in after the fact.

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
Jeff Mason
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 14, 2006, 08:00:31 AM »

Quick question -- and it is serious.  Chris Tucker made the same joke as a black man in some movie when Jackie Chan put the BB on his radio station.  He said "don't change a black man's radio" as if to say, black men don't listen to the BB.  Seriously, was that racist?  If not, what is the diff from Rerun's joke?

Rerun's joke was not hateful or demeaning to any particular race.  It was a joke based on commonly perceived BB demographics.  Any perceived harm or foul, IMO, has been baggage brought in after the fact.

That was my point -- I think people jumped the gun on Rerun in this case.  Ian admitted as much.
Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: July 14, 2006, 09:28:47 AM »

I sent you a PM, Jeff.

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

Since I cannot rouse heaven I intend to raise hell

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 14, 2006, 11:09:44 AM »

I think that you are a remarkable young man.
Anyone here could dribble on for pages of everythingispointless/otherpeopleareallstupidpigsinstieswaybeneathintellectualdeepme/myweinerhurtswhatdoesthismean? type dross, but most realise it would make them look the exact opposite of how they was trying to appear. Vain and repugnant, as opposed to "deep" and special.
If I came on talking about how some girl at my school is "physically disgusting" (for instance), I'd expect to be thought of as a div forever.
But that pillock probably could use a really big cuddle, so right on.

{{{not a footstampy protest against anything, or a stroppy gesture of any kind}}}

Would you just fucking drop this already? You sound pathetic calling me out on here. As if you could have any proper clue  of my real self from a message board. How is anything I feel not sincere anyway? Maybe if I quit "searching" and tried insulting other people more often I could gain some respect points on this very important message board. You have read all of my posts as if they were the badly written blogs of a 14 year old girl. Half the stuff I write on here is at least in jest simply because I'm killing time in the "sandbox" while reading other threads. Everyone on this board loves to turn to personal insults to win the little squabbles that are had here.

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 14, 2006, 11:13:15 AM »

I'm sorry, I realize that you are all well beyond this part of the discussion (and just slightly off of the original topic), but may I set the record straight on one point? Okay, I will anyway.

Then there was that black girlfriend Brian had in the 70's or at some point, and every other Beach Boy wanted them to break up and were embarrassed to see Brian holding her hand, etc.

This is a completely erroneous assertion. The reason for their alarm at Brian's relationship with Carolyn Williams had absolutely nothing to do with race. Brian's friends and family were opposed to yet another one of his health care providers taking advantage of him. If anyone of them was to be totally blunt and honest, they would tell you that they initially had much the same aversion to his current wife as well.

Hmm, I was going by what I had read in "Heroes and Villains" which I guess is not the first place I should have turned to for concrete truth.

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 14, 2006, 11:15:41 AM »

Yeah, I read that too Steve...cool to see Melinda clear that up.

--
Cabana Boy
« Reply #119 on: July 14, 2006, 11:35:28 AM »

Would you just fodaing drop this already? You sound pathetic calling me out on here. As if you could have any proper clue  of my real self from a message board.
As opposed to you, who just sounds pathetic all the f#cking time.
If only your posts DID read like the blogs of a 14 year old girl, they might actually have some soul and/or plausible feeling in them. In lieu of that, they just read like the idle verbal masturbation of an annoying prick.
You're not "searching". You're whining. Interminably.
Your pathetic feeble pissmoaning has been left untouched for ages. I couldn't really care less, 'til you start taking shots in my direction. Don't then be surprised if the months of vapid snivelling get used against you. Proceed to cop out and use the old "it's all a joke/i'm larking around/that's not really how I think" line in your own defense (that's bullmerda: you've invested a lot of time in your drooling tediorants here, a lot more than I've spent bitching about them), and I'll just laugh twice as hard because you can't even stand by the crap you spew.

YOU f#cking drop it. d*ckhead.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 11:38:20 AM by zzzzzzzzz » Logged
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 14, 2006, 11:39:09 AM »

Well, that made me feel like crap.

Cabana Boy
« Reply #121 on: July 14, 2006, 11:41:34 AM »

Bollocks. You'll be back.
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 14, 2006, 11:56:36 AM »

Takes a big man to create account, write up a bunch of sh*t and run away...

Then again, this isn't the first time. I highly doubt it'll be the last.

--
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: