gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 07:50:07 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Atlanta smilers, come meet Stephen Kalinich.  (Read 1407 times)
L Ransford
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2006, 03:44:25 PM »

Stephen will be at Circle Sky Records Sunday July 2nd at 3 PM. He will be playing an in-store with Smiley board member Jez Graham.
Jez says Stephen is really good with Beach Boys questions and they will also be signing their new CD "You Can Soar." Stephen will also recite some of his poetry and of course they will play some Beach Boys music too.
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 04:01:56 PM »

I would highly recommend to anyone who hasn't...go meet Stephen Kalinich. He's truly an original artist, and is one of the only people on earth who has written songs with all three Wilson brothers. He has incredible insight into the creative side of the BB's and stories about how many of their classic songs were developed. He knows some things that even the hardest core BB's fans do not...ask him to recite the extra verses that didn't make the recorded versions of of songs like Little Bird and All I Want To Do...and if you're lucky he'll do it. Jez Graham is also a very interesting and talented guy. If I were in Atlanta I'd be there in a second.
NimrodsSon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 08:13:03 PM »

Damn it! I'll be out of town. I really wish I could be there. He's definitely one of my favourite Beach Boy lyricists. Actually, he's one of my favourite lyricists period for that matter. Well, let us know if he ever makes another appearance over there.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx