gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680553 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 03:40:56 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Talking Heads Brick  (Read 3165 times)
analogdemon
Smiley Smile Associate

I've been in this town so long...

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2006, 07:47:58 PM »

Talking Heads released a box set called "Brick" back in November.  Essentially it's all eight of their studio albums on DualDisc (a double-sided disc with a CD layer on one side and a DVD layer on the other side).  The CD sides of the discs all contain their respective album remastered as well as bonus tracks.  The DVD sides of the discs have their respective album in high resolution 5.1 surround sound and stereo mixes for DVD-Audio players and Dolby Digital Surround and Stereo mixes for standard DVD-Video players.  The surround sound mixes were done under the supervision of Jerry Harrison.  The DVD sides also contain some of the same bonus tracks as the CD side of the disc, in higher-quality sound, and also include videos on some discs.

Each album has expanded liner notes including notes on the 5.1 surround remixes, photos, and neat cards with cool art on them.

If you're a Talking Heads fan, this is a must-have.  I got this set and I can't stop listening to it.  These albums sound absolutely AMAZING in surround sound!

The albums included are:

Talking Heads: 77 [1977]
More Songs About Buildings and Food [1978]
Fear of Music [1979]
Remain in Light [1980]
Speaking in Tongues [1983]
Little Creatures [1985]
True Stories [1986]
Naked [1988]

Does anyone else have this set?  If so, what are your opinions?

I once had a dream so I packed up and split for the city.  I soon found out that my lonely life wasn't so pretty.
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 07:52:15 PM »

Moderator, can we combine this thread with this one?
http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php?topic=192.0

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
analogdemon
Smiley Smile Associate

I've been in this town so long...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 07:54:50 PM »

I will move the post to the Talking Heads thread.  I should have searched first.  My apologies!

I once had a dream so I packed up and split for the city.  I soon found out that my lonely life wasn't so pretty.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx