gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680839 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 26, 2024, 09:33:17 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BW and Beck Greek Theatre Audio  (Read 2223 times)
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 07, 2015, 10:38:54 PM »

Just found this on you so probably won't last long. Admin, delete if inappropriate. Sounds pretty good and includes PS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjBOWuu-eEU
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 10:42:43 PM by Pretty Funky » Logged
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 10:50:31 PM »

I don't care if it disappears. This goes down as one of the least harmonious pairings in musical history and all in all a nightmarish disaster on every level, musical, aesthetic , interpersonal. luckily Brian wisely scrapped all this idiocy and made a great album. Jeff Beck cannot play a Beach Boys song to save his life. its the kind of music that people say they like because it makes them sound like aficionados.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 10:55:18 PM »

Agreed, but the Al and Dave addition makes this potentially worth a listen. Will give a spin later.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 12:33:43 AM »

I don't care if it disappears. This goes down as one of the least harmonious pairings in musical history and all in all a nightmarish disaster on every level, musical, aesthetic , interpersonal. luckily Brian wisely scrapped all this idiocy and made a great album. Jeff Beck cannot play a Beach Boys song to save his life. its the kind of music that people say they like because it makes them sound like aficionados.

In retrospect, it's obvious Brian wasn't feeling it either.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 08:15:27 AM »

Even if Jeff Beck was a d**k on this tour, and even if his set was tedious, those shows still had really great (only too brief) sets from Brian, Al, and Dave, and Beck's take on "Surf's Up" is still nice (especially with some BB backing vocals).

In that recent Al radio interview, he sounded to be truly moved to be able to sing backing vocals on "Surf's Up" on stage after so many years. He described it as one of his career musical highlights (or something to the effect).

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
job
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2015, 08:55:34 AM »

I was there...almost front row center.  Blondie did a great job too.
KDS
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2015, 09:24:34 AM »

I still kick myself for not going to this tour.  But, I'll make up for it in three weeks when Brian plays Philly. 

As for Jeff Beck, I love his work with The Yardbirds and the original Jeff Beck Group.  I think he's a very talented player (he played some great guitar of Roger Waters 1992 Amused to Death album), but much of his solo career leaves a lot to be desired. 
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2015, 01:07:53 PM »

Good quality, nice to hear the Pet Sounds set again and that Surf's Up sure is sweet. The Beck set is a lot more enjoyable driving around than sitting there waiting for the BW band to come back out!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2015, 01:40:33 PM »

Good quality, nice to hear the Pet Sounds set again and that Surf's Up sure is sweet. The Beck set is a lot more enjoyable driving around than sitting there waiting for the BW band to come back out!

Is this just more of your sarcasm?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2015, 01:42:01 PM »

Answer unclear, please try again later.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2015, 01:45:42 PM »

Come on
Come on and answer the phone
Come on come on
(I hope your home)

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
DC310
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2015, 02:18:56 PM »

I recorded this!  I mean...um.... a friend recorded this.
MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2015, 07:58:35 PM »

I enjoyed the Brian/Beck pairing at the NYC Beacon Theater show. Come on, those were great shows! Pet Sounds live was a tremendous thrill -- but even on the non-Pet-Sounds dates that month, they were pulling out stuff like Their Hearts Were Full of Spring, Til I Die and Little Bird. I quite liked the Surf's Up and Danny Boy collaborations myself.

The Beck set is a lot more enjoyable driving around than sitting there waiting for the BW band to come back out!
+1 to this though.  Smiley

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2015, 11:58:03 PM »

I recorded this!  I mean...um.... a friend recorded this.

Does your 'friend' have anything from the C50 shows? Wink
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx