gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 01:43:29 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Evan Landy makes an appearance ...  (Read 45728 times)
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 11, 2015, 02:09:21 PM »

Once upon a time, the Beach Boy world was told that Brian was saved from self destruction by Dr. Eugene Landy. Many years later, a film appears that seems to tell us that Brian was saved by Melinda Ledbetter.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: June 11, 2015, 02:12:30 PM »

Once upon a time, the Beach Boy world was told that Brian was saved from self destruction by Dr. Eugene Landy. Many years later, a film appears that seems to tell us that Brian was saved by Melinda Ledbetter.

And once upon a time people thought the world was flat.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 11, 2015, 02:13:58 PM »

L&M is Bourne out by 20 plus years of BW being productive again!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
puni puni
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 11, 2015, 03:58:40 PM »

Once upon a time, the Beach Boy world was told that Brian was saved from self destruction by Dr. Eugene Landy.

The film says this as well.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: June 11, 2015, 04:22:53 PM »

As far as the "Melinda saving Brian" thing goes, I was *slightly* skeptical some time back about whether that would end up being Hollywood-ized a little bit in the film. That is, until Ray Lawlor posted a detailed explanation of exactly what Melinda did and the role she played.

Frankly, given what Ray posted, the movie arguably *downplays* how much she did simply because it has to compress events and time so much.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 11, 2015, 10:49:54 PM »

It doesn't seem all that long ago, though, that folks on this board were speculating that Brian was just being pushed into these various projects, almost against his will.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 11, 2015, 11:53:50 PM »

It doesn't seem all that long ago, though, that folks on this board were speculating that Brian was just being pushed into these various projects, almost against his will.

Board opinion seems to sway like a wheatfield in a breeze. Direction sometimes depends on who blows hardest. Sometimes the truth blows, other times the truth sucks. As Dylan said, the answer… etc

“We live in divisive times.”
Bittersweet-Sanity
Smiley Smile Associate

Busy Doin' Nothing

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 12, 2015, 02:45:14 AM »

So i was going thru my copy of The Underground Dictionary, and i saw this: Evan n 1. Someone you love very much; someone whom you wish to spend time with. 2. A very bright, smart, enjoyable young man.

Also, i think this should've been a scene in Love & Mercy. From a 1991 article http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1991-11-17/entertainment/9104140084_1_eugene-landy-stan-love-separate-ways Although the case is scheduled to go to court Monday, Wilson says it may not get that far, partially because of a recent meeting between Wilson and Carl at a hotel near the Los Angeles airport.

``Just me and Carl . . .`` Wilson says. ``Just two brothers. We were singing. There was a piano there. We were doing our vocals.``

The brothers sang some old Beach Boys classics-including ``Wild Honey``

and ``Aren`t You Glad`` and ``Darlin` ``-that haven`t been heard much in the past 15 years as the group has become chiefly a surf-and-car nostalgia act.

"It looks like I'm going to have to go bananas all by myself." -B.W.

"Dr. Landy and Brian Wilson are right out of a storybook." -Brian Wilson

"So maybe Beach Boys fans are stupid and we can dismiss the whole thing. But maybe that's a pretty snotty attitude to take; maybe something is happening here that we just ought to know about" -Paul Williams

"Brian is an enigma, a leprechaun," said rhythm guitarist Al Jardine.

"There ain't a rocketship powerfull enough to be able to blast Jeff's fat ass into space."-Mike's Beard
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 24, 2015, 03:55:47 PM »

I haven't had a chance to read through this whole thread. But I believe every side should have the right to be heard. For example, Evan denies that Brian's phone calls were blocked. I don't know the truth, because I wasn't there. Is it possible Brian associated his family with bad memories and didn't wish to talk to them? Yes. Is it possible that Eugene manipulated Brian's phone calls? Yes. One thing Evan said though that is probably true is how Brian has always been dependant on approval. From Murray, Marilyn, Eugene to Melinda. The two women seem to have treated him the best. Murray, who was also abusive, sold the Beach Boys publishing rights. I wonder if he was any better than Eugene. If he were given full control of Brian, would he have taken the same kind of advantage of Brian that Eugene did? Who knows.

Read Howie's post. The operative word: CRIMINALS. This guy was a part of that operation; he wasn't sitting in the corner watering the plants. Ask yourself the following question : why would anyone change someone else's will , making themselves the major beneficiary , unless you planned on outliving them , and passing on that wealth to your heirs. What other possible reason could you have ?

As far as Brian's phone calls being blocked , this guy is full of sh it. They were blocked, they were monitored. Here is a bit of intel for you.  Do you know how Melinda got Audree's telephone number ? From her car cell phone bill; the only place Brian could make a phone call without having one of these goons monitoring it.

This guy is lucky he didn't end up in the slammer .

Truth.

Sometimes I try to see the other side if in fact there is amything. You are absolutely right about Brian's will, though. No excuse for that!

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx