gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 03:20:14 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who is the best best singer?  (Read 3774 times)
halblaineisgood
« on: June 04, 2015, 07:59:56 AM »

Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 08:00:54 AM by halblaineisgood » Logged
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 09:59:26 AM »

Little Richard is admittedly very cool. However. I'll make it two best best singers, one male and one female:

- Captain Beefheart

- Kate Bush 

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
KDS
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 10:27:20 AM »

If I only get to pick one, I'm going with .......

Freddie Mercury
halblaineisgood
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 10:27:49 AM »

never listened to the lady. local library has several cd's from  Kate Bush  ...I wonder which album is good?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 10:32:52 AM by halblaineisgood » Logged
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 12:15:13 PM »

never listened to the lady. local library has several cd's from  Kate Bush  ...I wonder which album is good?

Recently I listened to all her albums on YT and the now defunct Grooveshark and in my opinion there wasn't a dud among them. Some are more accessible than others to a first-time listener. Hounds of Love is not a bad start. And her debut, The Kick Inside. I have a soft spot for The Sensual World and, especially, The Red Shoes. (See also the KB topic: http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,11095.msg213070.html#msg213070)       

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 11:11:07 PM »

I'd have to go with Elvis, baby!
halblaineisgood
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 11:46:35 PM »

Thumbs Up King
I'd have to go with Elvis, baby!
...King enjoying a Hoagie!!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 11:48:37 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
Junkstar
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2015, 05:01:34 PM »

Ella Fitzgerald was the greatest voice in pop music and I personally feel that stands today.
Nocturne
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2015, 04:50:16 AM »

Peter Gabriel & Kate Bush!
Nocturne
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2015, 05:08:37 AM »

Everything by KB is good, halblaineisgood.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2015, 10:31:40 AM »

Cheesy

Great choice. He can sing it all - all out rock and roll, soul, gospel, even  country! And he'd be the first to tell you, too. "I'm not conceited, I'm convinced!"
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2015, 03:23:54 PM »

I think Freddie Mercury is right up there - What a talent
halblaineisgood
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2015, 03:44:34 PM »

Ella Fitzgerald was the greatest voice in pop music and I personally feel that stands today.
Right. but when you wanna hear a great singer with some backbeat--the big beat that keeps you rockin' in your seat ***The BEat! THE BEAT!! THE BEAT!!!!!**-- who do you go with then ??

Ella Fitzgerald is a nice choice . I  have no complaints , other than I'd like to know who's the best rock singer, then? (Well....this is BB's forum after all....so perhaps you're a Brian guy. Also , thiswould be a good choice. )
 Ella.,her "Sings Gershwin" album is a very spiritual experience.

I would prefer in the future ,that all of those here who pick a Sinatra, Fitzgerald, or a Vaughn, or any other trad. pop singer who does not "rock"--that they also list their favorite rock singer as well.
I drinks a bit. I meant to say, that  they also need to let us all know who their best best rock and roll singer is.
I likes to rock

Well, that's some good news right there .  I'll just check out the first thing I see.

Thanks for the tip.  Thumbs Up
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 03:50:13 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2015, 04:01:59 PM »

Freddie is all 'that'...but...Nat King Cole and Brook Benton were both more than all 'that'.  [Especially Brook in his heyday]  3rd ain't bad.

Ella was and remains definitive.  Annie Lennox is pretty freakin' amazing though.  And so is KD Lang.

There you have it.  3 men.  3 women...and everyone else is breathing their dust.  Cool Guy

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
SBonilla
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2015, 04:07:48 PM »

Too many greats for there to be a best.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2015, 11:42:58 PM »

It took me a long time to figure out (and I still forget sometimes) that luckily it's not a competition Smiley  We can listen to all of 'em. 
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2015, 11:06:42 AM »

Female singer - Sarah Vaughan (best among blacks 3D & overall)
Male - Alan Charles Jardine aka Al Wink.

that luckily it's not a competition Smiley
Ofc not. Just a lil fun game.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
halblaineisgood
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2015, 08:15:33 PM »

Just ripped Hounds of Love.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2015, 03:47:44 PM »

Get 'The Dreaming', as f***ed up as they come.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Nocturne
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2015, 07:51:41 AM »

Get 'The Dreaming', as f***ed up as they come.

Hee-haw! Hee-haw!
PhilSpectre
Smiley Smile Associate

May You Never Hear Surf Music ... Again

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2015, 11:21:33 AM »

Cheesy

Great choice. He can sing it all - all out rock and roll, soul, gospel, even  country! And he'd be the first to tell you, too. "I'm not conceited, I'm convinced!"

Let's hear it, friends for the beautiful Little Richard, the true King of Rock n' Roll!  Grin

And this is coming from a big Elvis fan. I would describe him more as the King of Singers, or one of them.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2015, 01:35:54 PM »

Cheesy

Let's hear it, friends for the beautiful Little Richard, the true King of Rock n' Roll!  Grin

And this is coming from a big Elvis fan. I would describe him more as the King of Singers, or one of them.
Well, Elvis was a Richard fan, too. And the admiration was mutual.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2015, 07:23:03 AM »

Bob Dylan

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
halblaineisgood
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2015, 04:18:36 PM »

Listening now .  3D

only on laptop speakers.
It's not that I'm enjoying myself...but she's good enough that she cuts through

She sings. I now understand. . . Still though, let's have another quote of that fabulous picture of Richard
   Cheesy

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx