gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 06:37:46 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Brian drawing/shirt! Surf's Up!  (Read 5568 times)
dellydel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2015, 09:03:03 AM »

i present you my latest drawing of bathrobe aficionado Brian Wilson!  This is inspired by his extra fat and beardy years, his love of robes, and his affinity for surfing!  And by that skit with Belushi and Aykroid where Brian tries to surf.  This is his succeeding at his surfing attempt!!

What do you guys think?  Is the likeness ok?  It's it fun and not offensive?  Also availalbe as t-shirts in various colors...

dellydel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 09:04:11 AM »

If you guys like it I can put it on other products as well.... and I might still be tweaking it, so if anyone REALLY likes it and wants to buy a shirt or something, maybe hold off a couple days, I may end up perfecting it! 

(and I take criticism as well, so let it fly!)
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 02:46:58 PM »

I think you did a good job.
having said that, I don't think it's an image that Brian would particularly want people to associate with him, no matter he was definitely "there", so I wouldn't use it.

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 02:47:24 PM »

Nice! Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 08:00:37 PM »

Love it!
undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2015, 11:38:43 PM »

This is great! You're talented! I agree with the statements made above, although it's overall a super cute drawing, with the robe and cartoon style and all. What program did you use to draw it?
I also dig the original blue design.

"We are pushed to the wall as the heap fills the room to its limits. The window breaks. The house bursts. A heartbreakingly fine Scotch plaid passes before our eyes. Pinstripes carry us into Manhasset Bay."
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2015, 10:44:00 PM »

Nice, but we should stick in the here&now. Let's twist this idea with an old Brian. He would be dressed in Hawaii shirt & shorts. The wave doing letter "B", not "C". 1st circle has Brian's face, 2nd - the rest of bod. Colored drawing. Whaddya think?

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
christopherappelgren
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2015, 09:44:17 AM »

Very cool design!
dellydel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2015, 02:46:13 PM »

Thanks ya'll! 

Undercover-m, the program I used for this, and all the other BB drawings I've made, is Adobe Illustrator.  The best darn program to draw stuff, says I.  (not to be confused with Adobe Photoshop, the best darn program to push pixels around)

As for how appropriate or inappropriate this kind of design is... I thought of all these points you guys raised, is this a time that Brian would rather forget, etc... but I had to settle on-- hey, Brian is a guy who never runs from his past, in fact, tends to be brutally honest about every single thing you ask him, no matter how personal.  And also, since a big bearded 70s Brian made a cartoon cameo on the On The Island video, it means he's probably ok with his 70s self still being referred to this day!   Afro
undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2015, 03:29:51 PM »

Oookay, I've used illustrator via free trial for one drawing. It was an amazing experience Tongue. A very intuitive and fun program! And apparently, results in great BB designs.

"We are pushed to the wall as the heap fills the room to its limits. The window breaks. The house bursts. A heartbreakingly fine Scotch plaid passes before our eyes. Pinstripes carry us into Manhasset Bay."
SBonilla
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2015, 03:43:54 PM »

Bamm-Bamm Rubble, The Bedrock Years
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2015, 04:45:56 PM »

If you guys like it I can put it on other products as well.... and I might still be tweaking it, so if anyone REALLY likes it and wants to buy a shirt or something, maybe hold off a couple days, I may end up perfecting it! 

(and I take criticism as well, so let it fly!)
I just bought 4 of your designs and had them flown over to Australia, two Brian sandbox, one band t and one Radiant Radish T.

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
dellydel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2015, 07:36:29 AM »

[/quote]
I just bought 4 of your designs and had them flown over to Australia, two Brian sandbox, one band t and one Radiant Radish T.
[/quote]

Whoa, awesome!!!  Thanks 18thofMay, I hope everything is to your liking!  I'm in the money...   Cool Guy
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx