gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 12:11:49 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Aquarius  (Read 1709 times)
lostbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2015, 08:03:56 PM »

The new Manson themed show airs Thursday May 28 on NBC. Would be cool to have a little DW in it.
onkster
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 08:10:48 AM »

I dunno, those trailers I've seen aren't selling me on the show too well. Manson looks like a modern-day stubbled hipster. Ugh.

Hope the show is better than the trailer makes it look! (Anybody watched it yet?)
Jason Penick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 03:29:35 PM »

I have it set up to record tonight. Agree with the stubbled hipster Manson hate-- it's almost enough to turn me off of the show before I've watched it, even if Charlie himself wasn't sporting a beard until 1969 or so.

Also, the fact that it's on NBC doesn't bode well IMO, but I'll give it a chance. Have to find something to watch now that Mad Men is over.

SUICIDE
It only makes things worse. You can't solve anything by killing yourself. I mean, things can only get better, but if you're dead, they may not. -- Brian Wilson
lostbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 04:39:46 PM »

I don't think the folks behind this show have any clue who Charles Manson is. If they did then this actor would have a beard and long hair.
Surfer
Smiley Smile Associate

My Favorite Beach Boy ( The Real Surfer)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 07:30:32 PM »

I do the  Fugly Manson Murdered Sharon Tate and AJ Breen and La Bianacas

I had a fast Life
ChicagoAnn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 07:50:34 PM »

I'm halfway watching this, which I recorded. The Manson Family cult actors look waaaay too clean. 2010s versions of the counter culture.
CosmicDancer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2015, 05:14:00 AM »

I watched it.  I'm on the fence, I suppose.  I'm in total agreement about hipster Charlie and the Family looking ridiculous.  They aren't even trying in that regard.  I know that this has never been advertised as been anything other than a fictional story albeit using the real character of Charlie, but I don't know, I'm just not getting into some of the scenarios being presented.  ****SPOILER ALERT**** I mean, Charlie, with no help from anyone else, kills  a clerk at a clothing store over a bothced robbery?  Come on!!  I'm not saying that Charlie was a good person or innocent of the crimes he is serving time for, but they are making him out to be something I'm not quite sure that he was.  I'm still somewhat intruiged and will watch some more, but I was a bit disappointed in the first installment last night.

The Un-Funny Alliance:  Are you not "good at being funny"?  Join us today in our mission to make the world a less funny place one "easy" fart joke at a time!
Jason Penick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2015, 09:32:57 PM »

So I wound up marathoning the whole thing. I will say it gets better as it goes, and by about the third episode I was actually quite enjoying it. As I've said elsewhere though, you really have to be able to get past the historical inaccuracies and TV-pretty actors. I had no problem accepting this Charlie as something only loosely based on the real guy, but YMMV. I did think Duchovny did a great job with his character though, and as a period police procedural it worked nicely for me. Great soundtrack too.

SUICIDE
It only makes things worse. You can't solve anything by killing yourself. I mean, things can only get better, but if you're dead, they may not. -- Brian Wilson
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx