-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:16:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Bring Back Mikie Vol 2
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bring Back Mikie Vol 2  (Read 6521 times)
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2015, 05:12:07 PM »

Along with many others, I say Mikie should return. Will the will of the people be denied? Just what was his crime against humanity?
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 05:44:02 PM »

Besmirching the moderators is always a crime against humanity. I'm going to call the cops.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 06:08:18 PM »

No besmirching from me, sir. Just adding my 3 cents.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 06:46:50 PM »

did Mikie get banned?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 11:35:18 PM »

Unfortunately, yes. :=(

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 05:02:28 AM »

Mikie should be forgiven.  He got caught up in one of the many out of control threads we see way too often of late.

If not, I will miss his wit and wisdom.

peace brother Mikie,  Will

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 06:47:21 AM »

Mikie should be forgiven.  He got caught up in one of the many out of control threads we see way too often of late.

If not, I will miss his wit and wisdom.

peace brother Mikie,  Will
Hopefully, the Mods will see fit to forgive. I agree that in losing him, we lose a part of Beach Boys history that he experienced personally. I feel bad, because it all started with him trying to help and warn me to watch my step. The whole thread was a mistake where every conversation veered out of control. Actually we should do as we did as kids and call a "Do Over" and wipe the slate clean.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2015, 12:09:40 PM »

Billy's comments on the other thread along with the decision to lock it were clear enough that anyone reading should have gotten the message. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to have been the case, so just to restate it and remind the board what Billy already said, it's a done deal. No need to prolong it or provoke it with this or similar threads.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2015, 04:53:41 PM »

police
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 05:19:03 PM by Moon Dawg » Logged
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2015, 05:22:07 PM »

Good, Banish him forever. he's such a rabble rouser alot of the time anyway

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2015, 05:41:59 PM »

Good, Banish him forever. he's such a rabble rouser alot of the time anyway
Hey Chris, now make sure you don't do anything to get yourself banished. Can't have both big collectors sent to Beach Boys Purgatory. Wink

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2015, 12:16:08 AM »

Billy's comments on the other thread along with the decision to lock it were clear enough that anyone reading should have gotten the message. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to have been the case, so just to restate it and remind the board what Billy already said, it's a done deal. No need to prolong it or provoke it with this or similar threads.

Mikie was a longtime member who many considered a great poster and friend, in light of no offical announcement as to why he's gone for good you can't blame people for wondering what the hell happened.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2015, 08:31:49 AM »

Bring him back. There are way more inflammatory posters on the board that should have gone before him - and some of them commit the ultimate sin of being tiresome.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2015, 08:38:02 AM »

Bring him back. There are way more inflammatory posters on the board that should have gone before him - and some of them commit the ultimate sin of being tiresome.
No truer words were ever spoken. Smiley

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2015, 10:50:34 AM »

in light of no offical announcement as to why he's gone for good you can't blame people for wondering what the hell happened.

Okay...here's the best I can do.

Mikie was suspended for a week for something that I can't go into for privacy reasons. Knowing that we couldn't say  why on the board, he then proceeded to lie about it on the board to try to start exactly what's happening now. You were being lied to and manipulated, and didn't even know it.  Through PMs and email discussions with him, we asked him to come clean and admit that what he was claiming on the board was untrue. that he was not suspended for the reasons he claimed. Not only did he refuse to, he kept on going. Eventually, it came to a point where he had to go. He was given one last chance, to issue a retraction by such and such date, and it was ignored (even gave him an additional day). That's it....as much as I can go into without violating several people's privacy/confidentiality.

One  final thing to consider...if what he was claiming about us was true....there'd be several members that would've been banned a LONG time ago.

I feel bad, because it all started with him trying to help and warn me to watch my step.

It had already started by then. Don't feel bad...he wasn't actually warning you but rather trying to start sh*t. You have nothing to worry about...you've been a valued poster here and haven't ever had a problem with you.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2015, 11:35:41 AM »

Thanks for responding Billy. Mikie did PM me his side of events a few weeks back just after 'Cheerleadergate' but clearly there is more to this whole thing then I know. Actually all I really know is I couldn't have picked a worse time or person to take the piss out of than what I did.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2015, 12:09:16 PM »

Sometimes to respect privacy and also to be fair to people who are not here to chime in, there is no "official announcement" nor should one be expected. There are situations where a public airing wouldn't be fair, nor right, nor very nice on a basic personal level. There are situations where privacy needs to be respected regarding all parties involved, including the admins.

So that's even more reason why Billy's words and locking the first thread like this should have been enough of a message that it's a done deal, and that's that. Unfortunately that wasn't enough, and more words were necessary to further make that same point. It shouldn't have been necessary to start another public thread like this, nor have a mod or the mods make multiple posts and actions to address it. That's my 2 cents, and I will back up and support everything Billy said because it was accurate and appropriate to the situation at hand and nothing was taken lightly nor done in a hasty or spiteful way. I hope other members respect that aspect of it moving forward.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2015, 12:54:42 PM »

Sometimes to respect privacy and also to be fair to people who are not here to chime in, there is no "official announcement" nor should one be expected. There are situations where a public airing wouldn't be fair, nor right, nor very nice on a basic personal level. There are situations where privacy needs to be respected regarding all parties involved, including the admins.

So that's even more reason why Billy's words and locking the first thread like this should have been enough of a message that it's a done deal, and that's that. Unfortunately that wasn't enough, and more words were necessary to further make that same point. It shouldn't have been necessary to start another public thread like this, nor have a mod or the mods make multiple posts and actions to address it. That's my 2 cents, and I will back up and support everything Billy said because it was accurate and appropriate to the situation at hand and nothing was taken lightly nor done in a hasty or spiteful way. I hope other members respect that aspect of it moving forward.

It seems both you and Billy have given fair explanations for the situation. It's obvious that it's a done deal and doesn't need to be endlessly debated.
Still, as this thread is here, and not on the main discussion, I hope you three mods will not lock this thread as happened with the first one, on the chance that any other posters feel the need to let off steam/voice their opinion; After all, Mikie was a long time poster here and many considered him a good egg. ( NOT debating his banning)  I don't see how this would present any problems going forward

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2015, 01:10:09 PM »

Fair enough, as long as it doesn't get too nasty.

Speaking Of which, I need to take care of some things in the Mike and Bruce tour thread...

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
halblaineisgood
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2015, 03:36:58 AM »

What's "cheerleadergate" ?  
  I understand it is something that happened. .

filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2015, 05:19:54 AM »

It seems both you and Billy have given fair explanations for the situation. It's obvious that it's a done deal and doesn't need to be endlessly debated.
Still, as this thread is here, and not on the main discussion, I hope you three mods will not lock this thread as happened with the first one, on the chance that any other posters feel the need to let off steam/voice their opinion; After all, Mikie was a long time poster here and many considered him a good egg. ( NOT debating his banning)  I don't see how this would present any problems going forward
Bgas - I agree that Mikie is a "good egg."  I'm very sorry to see him not able to post.  And only recently, in some thread, Mikie urged me "not" to report to the mods, some continuing insulting, derailing posts, which, continue unchecked, because Mikie didn't want to see anyone banned.  It was at Mikie's urging that I didn't write the mods. He knows his BB stuff, and doesn't write out of "time context" which I find one of the biggest problems on this forum.

However, I don't know what went down with the mods and do respect them. They have the patience of Job.  And it is largely a thankless position. But, at this point, certain posters continue their hateful agenda-based posting, directed at posters who attempt to maintain an open mind and some modicum of neutrality.  I came to this board with an open mind and think that is the point of the board. Some came to be in constant "attack mode." And have no problem disrespecting band members directly.  That is the frosting on the cake.

It begs the question as to why these posters are not given a "time out" as well. As far as I can tell none have been given a warning.

The mods should know these posters, at least by IP addresses, who don't ever seem to develop a reasoned argument, but just interject into a discussion with worn out "one-liners" and perhaps they need a "time out" as well.  Just sayin'  Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: