gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:38:47 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: It's a down time for Beach Boys' and 'Brian' stuff. So...give it a total rest.  (Read 2337 times)
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: May 26, 2015, 08:15:04 PM »

Really?  There's a new movie out in  D A Y S.  There's a tour...and a tour.  A pretty/really GREAT new album.  A book this year.  A book next year.  And, of course, there's the let's replace Mike [the arsehole] with Murry [the complete arsehole] as a completely 'valid' alternative. 

Sometimes it's gotta be gloriously OK to just relax...and enjoy.

I'm personally ready to enjoy the Beach Boys [ya...Mike and Bruce, [and hopefully David] and Jeff and Scott and Mr. Cowsill...and then also Brian and Al and Blondie and f * c k the 'agenda' right here at s.s. dot net...'cause why???...'cause 'we're' really SPECIAL?

Some here ... had the complete and absolute total and unmittigated audacity to hurl 'anything' at Brian's website/community?  And for years?  Over a decade?  Really?

Up your's.  [well that's one way of deciphering 'it'.]

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 08:21:39 PM »

...did I miss something?

Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 08:36:45 PM »

Have you ever BEEN on the blueboard? The sun shines out of places it doesn't shine on that forum.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 08:59:23 PM »

WTF?   This sounds like a turf war!      Samcro sh*t!       Where are the bodies buried?       Was there immurement  of certain members of  the touring band?   where is Randell?    does Melinda know anything about all of these dealings?
who is REALLY in charge?     should I Hide?  change my aviator?     fix a sandwich and read ESQ?     
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 10:11:52 PM »

Will ye go, Lassie, go?

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 10:17:13 PM »

...did I miss something?

Theres a movie coming out in D A Y S, man. Where have you been? Grin

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 10:48:39 PM »

can someone decipher this for me
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2015, 11:30:17 PM »

Has Add Some been hitting the apple juice a little too much?

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 05:27:03 AM »

Tainted by the Wilson blood!

Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2015, 06:01:15 AM »

Ya...Overserved last night.  Sorry.  It doesn't make much sense does it?  I guess what I was TRYING to say is that there's a whole heap of cool stuff happening with the Beach Boys...and the Beach Boys who aren't Beach Boys and I'm tired of the negative aspects we've spent so much time replaying here of late.

Also that the Blueboard has always taken so much abuse from people throughout the BB on-line universe but really...it ain't bad at all compared to some of the stuff we've collectively spewed out here.

I KNOW not to go on-line when I get ploughed.  I guess I just forgot last night.  Sorry again.

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
KDS
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2015, 06:05:37 AM »

I thought you made a lot of good points in your post. 

There's a lot for Beach Boys fans to be happy about.  It's likely that the Beach Boys world will never be this active again.  So, let's enjoy it.  The summer of 2015 is looking good.  And I've been enjoying the heck out of NPP (gets better with each listen) and the BW & Friends DVD too. 

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2015, 07:46:10 AM »

Well said in both posts add some. The blue board is place for fans!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2015, 09:04:40 AM »

Ya...Overserved last night.  Sorry.  It doesn't make much sense does it?  I guess what I was TRYING to say is that there's a whole heap of cool stuff happening with the Beach Boys...and the Beach Boys who aren't Beach Boys and I'm tired of the negative aspects we've spent so much time replaying here of late.

Also that the Blueboard has always taken so much abuse from people throughout the BB on-line universe but really...it ain't bad at all compared to some of the stuff we've collectively spewed out here.

I KNOW not to go on-line when I get ploughed.  I guess I just forgot last night.  Sorry again.
I figured that was where you were going with your lead post. Overall, 54 years later, the guys in any configuration are in the public eye way more than I could have imagined, say like 20 years ago. While I would have loved to have seen them all together through all of these years, I'm still happy that Brian is still making music, that the remaining Beach Boys made a pretty damn good album and toured and now we have a movie, the two books and all of the album reissues. Good times, indeed. Smiley

Actually 4 books if you include Scott Wilson's book on Dennis and the bio on Carl, coming this Autumn.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 09:08:30 AM by drbeachboy » Logged

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2015, 11:03:33 AM »

Brian's, Mike's, Scott's, the Carl volume, Jim's volume…

“We live in divisive times.”
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx