gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680810 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 11:29:34 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Unreleased Track Information Station, Part II  (Read 9784 times)
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 26, 2015, 04:04:54 PM »

The last thread (this one: http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,9734.0.html) is a bit outdated now, so Judd and I decided to revamp it. It's still very much in the editing and adding process, so please do chime in with anything you have to offer. Any mentions of "the Brother Rarities comp" is referring to this: http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,17621.0.html

Surfin’ USA:

Ride Away:
January 18th, 1963. Does not circulate. No vocals.

Pink Champagne:
February 1963. Does not circulate. Al Jardine song.

Party! sessions:

September 8-27th, 1965. Multiple takes of each song. Everything from these sessions have been circulating on Unsurpassed Masters, Vol. 10. Unreleased songs include: “Satisfaction”, “Smokey Joe’s Café”, “Heart and Soul”, “Long Tall Sally”, and parodies.

Pet Sounds sessions:

Stella by Starlight/How Deep Is the Ocean
October 15th, 1966. Both circulate on Unsurpassed Masters, Volume 11. These were recorded early in the Pet Sounds sessions along with “the Little Girl I Once Knew”. The vocals are performed by Dick Reynolds rather than any of the Beach Boys.

Smiley Smile sessions:

Good News:
Recorded June 11, 1967. Does not circulate. Alan Boyd has said this is not in the tape vault.

Hawaiian Song:
Part of “Little Pad”. Does not circulate.

Good Time Mama:
Recorded June 25-26. Does not circulate. Alan Boyd has said this is not in the tape vault. Possibly working title for “She's Going Bald”?

Untitled song:
Recorded July 6. Does not circulate. No clue as to what this is.

Wild Honey sessions:

With a Little Help From My Friends:
Recorded September 23rd. Released on Rarities ‘83. A cover of the Beatles song.

Untitled song:
October 11-12. Does not circulate. No clue what this is.

Game of Love:
October 25th, 26th. Does not circulate. Cover of The Mindbenders Song.

Been Way Too Long:
October 28th; November 1st, 1967; July 25-26, 1968. Edits released on GV box set and Smiley Smile/Wild Honey twofer. A lead vocal is rumored to have been done, but is lost/unheard.

Tune #L:
November 28th. Does not circulate. Dennis Wilson song, likely exists.

Stereo Wild Honey:
Not entirely possible. There are fan mixes available of several of the other songs on various boots, including Smiley Smile and Wild Honey - Stereo.

Friends sessions:

Untitled Song #1:
No Date. Does not circulate.

You're As Cool As You Can Be:
No Date. Does not circulate. No info.

Be Here in the Morning [First Version]:
March 6th, 1968. Does not circulate. No vocals, track only, very brief fragment. Was redone March 29th as the released version.

Our Happy Home:
March 20th. Does not circulate. No info on this, is it possible this was a working title for "When A Man Needs a Woman"?

New Song:
March 26th. Circulates on Secret Smile. "Spanish Guitar" instrumental, sometimes included on SMiLE boots as "Doves of Peace" or "Indian Wisdom"

20/20 sessions:

Dennis Wilson "Unknown Title":
June 7th, 26th. Does not circulate. No info on this one.

Walkin':
June 18-19. Brian Wilson vocal about an electric car being stolen. There are two attempts (?) at this song, not sure which one circulates, but it shows up on Get the Boot, Vol. 1.

Unknown Title:
September 16th, 18th; October 15th, 17th, 28th; November 7th. Does not circulate. No info, it’s possible they could be different songs.

The Nearest Faraway Place vocals:
November 18th. Does not circulate. Speculated to be wordless background vocals.

Sunflower sessions:

San Miguel:
January 9th, 13th, 22nd, 24th, 27th, 29th. An alternate mix (compared to the released version) circulates on Goodbye Surfing, Hello God.

What Can the Matter Be?:
February 24th; May 24th. Does not circulate. MBE posted in an old thread: "On the former: the personnel are listed as Carl, Dennis, Alan, Bruce, Michael, and Roger Neumann (horn player/arranger), plus contractor Jon Parks.  Carl's the "leader" of the session, but that doesn't rule out it being a Dennis song, or a Brian song, because Carl was the leader of the session for Brian & Mike's "All I Wanna Do", and Bruce and Carl were listed as leaders for some other Dennis songs.  I really don't know, as I've never heard it." Seems to be the only info on this one.

Add Some Music to Your Day (Alternate Version):
Various sessions. Appears on the Brother Rarities comp.

I'm Going Your Way:
July 14th. Early version circulates on Get the Boot, Vol. 1 and more complete version appears on the Brother Rarities comp. Dennis song, also known as “California Slide”.

Walkin':
October 13th. Remake of the 20/20 track? There are two attempts (?) at this song, not sure which one circulates, but it shows up on Get the Boot, Vol. 1.

Untitled:
November 3rd, 10th. Does not circulate. No info on this one.

Raspberries, Strawberries:
November 11th. Does not circulate. Early version of "At My Window"?

Carnival/Over the Waves:
December, 1969; January 5th, 9th 1970. Circulates on the LandLocked boot. “Carnival” is a pretty apt title.

Untitled #3:
January 2nd, 1970. Does not circulate. No info on this one.

You Never Give Me Your Money:
January 7th. Does not circulate. Presumably a cover of the Beatles song, might just be a demo.

Cows in the Pasture:
April, 1970. Brian produced country album with vocals by Fred Vail. Does not circulate. Would be great to hear.

Seasons in the Sun:
July 31st; August 4th. Circulates on Unreleased Gems. Cover of the famous song.

Big Sur:
August 15th. The 4/4 version of the Holland song. Circulates on LandLockedand appears on the Brother Rarities comp.

H.E.L.P. Is on the Way:
August 17th. Alternate mix circulates.

Untitled Mike Love song:
October 28th. Does not circulate. No info on this one.

My Solution:
October 31st. Circulates on Dumb Angel Rarities 2. Oddball Halloween song that can be found on Unreleased Gems.

Surf's Up sessions:

Old Movie/Barnyard Blues
March 15th, 1971. Dennis Wilson demos. This "Old Movie" was the early version of "4th of July".

4th of July:
April 3rd. Version with the guitar playing the lead melody appears on the Brother Rarities comp.

"Telephone Backgrounds (On A Clear Day)":
April, 1971. Does not circulate. Apparently Carl Wilson experimenting with Moogs.

(Wouldn't It Be Nice) To Live Again:
May 23rd. The full 7 minute version is unreleased, but appears on the Brother Rarities comp.

Won't You Tell Me:
June 19th. Circulates on Get the Boot.

It's a New Day:
July 7-8. Circulates on Get the Boot vol. 1, and in better quality on All This Is That, but it runs about 3% too fast. Supposedly recorded for a shampoo commercial.

Dennis Wilson songs:
I won't take the time to catalog all of these as I'm not super knowledgeable. Here's a good thread on these:
http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,4546.msg74269.html#msg74269

Silly Walls/Awake:
October, 1971. Both Circulate. Demos for Spring songs. Both appear on the Cedrem Sound Labs BW box, and a clean version of “Awake” appears on the Brother Rarities comp.

CATP sessions:

Spark in the Dark
January 21st, 1972. Does not circulate. No relation to Funky Pretty, despite the title. Brian noodles around on the piano playing riffs, including one that would eventually turn into “Chain Reaction of Love”.

Body Talk:
February 17th, 1972. Does not circulate. No info on this one.

Out in the Country:
February 17th, 20th, 1972. Circulates on Dumb Angel Rarities 3 and appears on the Brother Rarities comp. Al Jardine vocal over sustained organ chords.

Funky Fever:
February 28th, 1972. Does not circulate. Session with David Sandler, Cousin Eddie posted in an old thread that it "presumably still exists"

Ten Years Harmony:
April. Circulates somewhere or other. A Bruce demo.

Rooftop Harry:
April 15th, 1972. Does not circulate. Exists.

Holland sessions:

Carry Me Home
Summer 1972. Circulates on California Feeling, and also appears on the Brother Rarities comp.

Hard Times:
October 4th, 1972. Circulates on Get the Boot. Circulates in better quality, but about 3% on All This Is That.

Daddy Dear/Susie Cincinnati:
Unknown date. Commonly circulates under the title of "Holland demo". There is debate as to whether it's Brian or Al, but both songs are played on piano.

After-Holland sessions:

Snowflakes:
January, 1973. Circulates on Get the Boot. American Spring song.

Dr. Tom:
March 12th. Does not circulate. An Al Jardine song, no other info. Might be a rewrite of the Kingston Trio’s "Tom Dooley".

Baby, I Need Your Lovin'/I'm A Man/Shortenin' Bread:
No dates. Does not circulate. David Sandler/American Spring songs.

Canyon Summer:
May, 1973. Does not circulate. An Al Jardine Song?

Pattycake:
June, 1973. Apparently this was never even recorded.

Clangin'/Shortenin’ Bread:
March 2nd, 1974. “Shortenin’ Bread” circulates on Adult/Child. “Clangin’” appears on the Brother Rarities comp; reworking of part of Mt. Vernon and Fairway? There is also an American Spring version of “Shortenin’ Bread” that circulates.

Carl Wilson Guitar Demo/Moog Experiment:
March 5th, April 1st. No info.

Just an Imitation:
Mid-1974. Does not circulate. Supposedly a tribute song to Murry Wilson written by Brian. I've also read this was never recorded.

Why Don't You Try Me?
Mid-1974. Does not circulate. No info.

Carl Demo:
September 19th. Does not circulate. No info.

Earthquake Time:
Fall 1974. Does not circulate. A Mike Love song?

Honeycomb:
October, 1974. Does not circulate. From AGD's site: "Featuring Roy Wood, Nick Pentelow & Mike Burney of Wizzard on drums and saxes respectively."

Battle Hymn of the Republic:
October, November 5th. Circulates on Get the Boot, Vol. 2.

‘Dirty version’ of Ding Dang/Rollin' Up to Heaven:
November 4th. Circulates on Get the Boot, Vol. 1.

Lucy Jones:
November 12th, 1974. Does not circulate. This is a Brian song, and does exist somewhere, apparently with very "shouty" vocals.

California Feelin':
November 12th. An alternate mix circulates on California Feeling.

Don't Let Me Go/You're Riding High on the Music/Our Life, Our Love, Our Land
December, 1974. None of these circulate. No info.

Unknown Brian Wilson tune:
March 12th, 1975. Does not circulate. No info. An AFM sheet exists.

Money Honey
May 29th. Does not circulate.

Come to the Sunshine:
October, 1975. Does not circulate. Cover of a Van Dykes Parks song, supposedly was intended for 15 Big Ones but was misplaced.

15 Big Ones sessions:

Gold Rush/Lisa/Secret Love/10,000 Years Ago/Workin' in a Coal Mine:
January - May, 1976. None of these circulate. Not sure on any details.

On Broadway:
March 10th, 1976. Circulates on Adult/Child.

Mony Mony:
March 15th. Circulates on California Feeling and appears on the Brother Rarities comp. Cover of Tommy James song.

Running Bear:
April 13-14. Circulates on All This Is That and appears on the Brother Rarities comp.

Shake, Rattle and Roll:
April 14th. Circulates on Get the Boot, Vol. 2 and appears on the Brother Rarities comp.

Michael Row the Boat Ashore:
April 16th, 29th. Circulates on Dumb Angel Rarities 3 and appears on the Brother Rarities comp.

Let's Dance:
April 27th. Don’t think this one circulates.

Don't Fight the Sea:
April 27-28. Does not circulate. Al covers this on his solo album.

Short Skirts:
May 8th. Circulates on All This Is That and appears on the Brother Rarities comp.

Love You sessions:

Hey There Moma:
October 27th, 1976. Circulates on Dumb Angel Rarities 3.

Various Brian sessions

Ruby Baby:
August 1st, 18th; October 2nd, 1976. Circulates on California Feeling and appears on the Brother Rarities comp.

Marilyn Rovell:
August 21st. Circulates on California Feeling and appears on the Brother Rarities comp. Brian song about his wife.

Sherry She Needs Me:
August 21st. The original circulates on All This Is That.

We Gotta Groove:
Fall 1976. Half-finished version circulates on California Feeling, and a version with lead vocals appears on the Brother Rarities comp.

Lazy Lizzy:
Fall 1976. Circulates on California Feeling.

Brian Wilson Demos:
Fall 1976. Demos of “That Special Feeling”, “Little Children Are Marching Along”, “Let's Put Our Hearts Together”, “Love Is a Woman”, “Airplane”, “Mona”, “I'll Bet He's Nice”, “Still I Dream of It”, and “It's Over Now” circulate.

Adult/Child sessions:

It's Tryin' to Say (Baseball's On)/Everybody Wants to Live:
Spring 1977. Circulates on Adult/Child.

Deep Purple:
February 25, 1977. Circulates on Adult/Child.

Life Is for the Living:
March 11, 1977. Circulates on Adult/Child.

Unknown song:
March 16, 1972. Does not circulate.

New England Waltz:
March 1972. Circulates on Get the Boot.

Lines:
April 12, 1977. Circulates on Adult/Child.

Shortenin' Bread:
June 3rd, 1977. Circulates on Adult/Child.

MIU sessions:

Mike, Come Back to LA/Santa's On His Way
Dates unknown. “Mike, Come Back to LA” circulates as a poor quality dub from the MIU promo film Our Team. “Santa’s on His Way” is a version of “H.E.L.P. is on the Way” with Christmas lyrics and appears on Merry Christmas from the Beach Boys.

Burlesque:
November 7th, 1977. Does not circulate. Not related to the Surf's Up-era song.

Santa's Got An Airplane:
November 14th. Circulates on Ultimate Christmas. Loop De Loop with Christmas lyrics.

Winter Symphony:
November 15th, 21st. Circulates on Ultimate Christmas.

How's About a Little Bit of Your Sweet Lovin’:
November 15th. Circulates on California Feeling.

Don't Be Cruel/Baby (I Could Be So Good a Loving You):
November 16th. “Don't Be Cruel” circulates on the It’s Like Heaven compilation. American Spring songs.

Go and Get That Girl:
November 17th. Circulates on Winds of Change.

Alone on Christmas Day:
November 17th, 22nd. Circulates on Dumb Angel Rarities 4.

Egypt:
November 18th. Does not circulate. No info.

Bells of Christmas:
November 18th. Circulates on Ultimate Christmas.

Melekalikimaka:
November 18th. Original version circulates on Christmas with the Beach Boys. “Kona Coast” with Christmas lyrics.

Sad Sad Summer/Almost Summer/Cruisin'/Chief Joseph:
November 21st. Sad Sad Summer circulates, the others don't as far as I know. Mike Love Celebration songs.

Christmas Medley:
November 23rd, 1977. Circulates on Merry Christmas from the Beach Boys.

Carl's shuffle:
February 6th, 1978. Does not circulate.

It Could Be Anything:
February 11th. Circulates on All This Is That under the alternate title "Where We Are".

I Just Have to Say That I Love You:
April 21st. Does not circulate.

Rubles/Ride Arabian, Ride:
May 11th. Neither circulate. Al Jardine songs.

Bowling/Basketball:
May 13th. Niether circulate. Brian Wilson songs.

Santa Ana Winds:
June 27th; July 28th; August 22nd. Two versions circulate on Dumb Angel Rarities 5. Alan Jardine song.

Looking Down the Coast:
July 27th. Circulates on Landlocked.

LA sessions:

Calendar Girl:
Fall 1978. Circulates on Dumb Angel Rarities 5.

Please Darling:
October 6th, 1978. Piano demo also known as “I’m Begging You Please”. Circulates on California Feeling.

Drip Drop (Teardrops on My Bed):
October 19th, 1978. Circulates, although on which boots I’m not certain. The notorious “let’s go, mo'fos” recording.

Untitled Brian song:
November 13th, 1978. Does not circulate. Might be known as “There's a Feeling in the Air”.

KTSA sessions:

Little Girl:
Spring 1979; July 23rd, 1979. Circulates in the Dumb Angel Rarities series. Cover of the Phil Spector song.

Skatetown USA:
Spring 1979. Circulates on California Feelin'.

Jamaica Farewell:
July 23rd, 1979. Does not circulate. No vocals recorded.

Stranded in the Jungle:
July 24th, 1979. Does not circulate. No vocals recorded.

Smokey Places:
October 18th, 1979. Does not circulate.

Johnny B. Goode:
October 15th, 29th; November 2nd, 13th, 1979. Does not circulate.

Boys and Girls:
October 19th, 1979. Does not circulate. Brian song.

Unknown song:
November 7th, 8th, 9th. Does not circulate. No info, it’s possible they’re different songs.

I’ll Always Love You:
November 19, 1979; January 1980. Does not circulate.

Starbaby/How’s About a Little Bit (Of Your Sweet Lovin’):
November 29th, 1979. Does not circulate.

Surfer Suzie:
Various 1979 sessions. Does not circulate.

Other-ness:

Bucks:
May 3rd, 1980. Does not circulate.

Children of the Night
May and July 1980. Does not circulate.

Song Within a Song
May 21st, 1980. Does not circulate.

River Deep, Mountain High:
July 1980. Circulates on Get the Boot vol. 2. Cover of the Phil Spector song.

Greenback Dollar
July 1980. Does not circulate.

I’m a Man
July 1980. Does not circulate.

Sweetie:
Spring 1981. Does not circulate.

Stevie:
January 14th, 1981. Circulates on California Feeling.

Cocaine/Hamburger sessions:
November 1982. “Oh Lord”, “City Blues”, “I Feel So Fine”, a brief rendition of “Heroes and Villains” and other Brian/Dennis recordings circulate on the Cocaine Sessions bootleg.

At the Hop:
October 1984 to January 1985. Circulates on Get the Boot vol. 2.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 09:16:25 PM by Bubbly Waves » Logged
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 04:17:49 PM »

Sound of Free:
November 13th. This was released in Europe as a solo Dennis Wilson Single. It has not been released on CD, but circulates on copies of Bamboo. This is on MIC.

Ten Years Harmony:
April. Circulates somewhere or other. A Bruce demo. - This was released on a 45.

My Love Lives On:
March 21st. Does not circulate. Dennis Wilson song. - This is on MIC

Sad Sad Summer/Almost Summer/Cruisin'/Chief Joseph:
November 21st. Sad Sad Summer circulates, the others don't as far as I know. Mike Love Celebration songs. - The first three are on the Almost Summer Soundtrack.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 04:24:28 PM by Matt H » Logged
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 04:20:06 PM »

Once-unreleased tracks that are now released:

Surfin’ USA:

The Baker Man:
March 7th, 1963. Released on the Surfin' Safari/Surfin' U.S.A. twofer.

Side Two:
March 7th, 1963. Released on the Big Beat 1963.

Shut Down, Volume 2 sessions:

I Do:
Track recorded November 6th, 1964. Vocals recorded January 10th, 1965. Released on the Surfer Girl/Shut Down, Volume 2 twofer.

All Summer Long sessions:

Let’s Live Before We Die:
April 29th, 1964. Released on Keep an Eye on Summer.

Little Honda (Alternate take):
June 23rd, 1964. Recorded after the released take. Released on the Little Deuce Coupe/All Summer Long twofer.

The Beach Boys’ Christmas Album sessions:

Jingle Bells:
June 24th, 1964. Released on Keep an Eye on Summer.

Today! sessions:

I’m So Young (Alternate take):
September 9th, 1964. Recorded prior to the released take. Released on Today!/Summer Days(And Summer Nights!!!) twofer.

All Dressed Up for School:
September 16th, 1964. Stereo version released on the Little Deuce Coupe/All Summer Long twofer, with the mono version appearing on Made in California. This song’s verse would be reused for the 1970 song “I Just Got My Pay”.

Dance, Dance, Dance (Alternate take)
September 22nd, 1964. Released on Released on Today!/Summer Days(And Summer Nights!!!) twofer.

Summer Days (And Summer Nights!) sessions:

Sherry, She Needs Me:
March 29th; May 4th, 5th, 1965. Also known as “Sandy, She Needs Me”. Vocals for the “Sandy” tag recorded on the May 5th session. Revisited by Brian in 1976 with a “Sherry” lead vocal.

Graduation Day:
May 5th, 1965. Released on Today!/Summer Days(And Summer Nights!!!) twofer.

Party! sessions:

Ruby Baby:
September 8th, 1965. Released on the Good Vibrations box.

Pet Sounds sessions:

Three Blind Mice:
October 15th, 1966. Session excerpts were released on the Smile Sessions box.

Trombone Dixie:
November 1st. Released on Pet Sounds Sessions along with pretty much every other Pet Sounds fragment you could hope to hear.

Stereo Smiley Smile:

A true stereo mix of the album (bar GV) was released during the 50th anniversary reissue campaign.

Wild Honey sessions:

The Letter:
October 25th. Released on Rarities. Cover of Box Tops song.

Lonely Days:
October 28th, 31st. Released on Hawthorne, CA. A brief 50 second fragment.

Been Way Too Long:
October 28th; November 1st, 1967; July 25-26, 1968. Edits released on GV box set and Smiley Smile/Wild Honey twofer. A lead vocal is rumored to have been done, but is lost/unheard.

Stereo Wild Honey:
True stereo mixes of “Country Air”, “Wild Honey”, “Darlin’”, and “Let the Wind Blow” were released on Made in California, the last song also being available in stereo on Hawthorne, CA.

Mono Friends:
A mono mix of the song "Friends" is available on "20 More Good Vibrations".

20/20 sessions:

Walk on By:
May 26th. Released on Friend/20/20 twofer. Cover of the Burt Bacharach song.

We're Together Again:
May 27th, 29th; September 3rd, 5th, 6th. Released on Friends/20/20 twofer and Made in California.

Sail Plane Song:
June 8th. Brian song that Al would turn into “Loop de Loop”. Original version released on Endless Harmony, and a remix was released on Made in California.

Ol' Man River:
June 10th. Cover of the famous song. Slow version released on Hawthorne, CA. A medley version (paired with “Old Folks at Home”) released on Friends/20/20 twofer.

A Time to Live in Dreams:
November 1st. Released on Hawthorne, CA. Dennis Wilson demo.

Sunflower sessions:

San Miguel:
January 9th, 13th, 22nd, 24th, 27th, 29th. Released on the GV box.

Loop de Loop:
Various sessions. Released in remixed and partly re-recorded form on Endless Harmony among many other places. The original 1969 recording was released in a 1980 Capital Radio Promo.

A World of Peace Must Come:
Collaborative 1969 album from Steven Kalinich and Brian Wilson. Released by Light in the Attic Records in 2008.

Soulful Old Man Sunshine:
August 29th; September 5th; November 6th, 9th. Released on Endless Harmony, with a newly mixed version released on Made in California.

Games Two Can Play:
October 20th. Released on the GV box set.

Where Is She?:
November (?). Released on Made in California. Rough recording/demo.

Susie Cincinnati:
December 24th; January 7th, 1970. Released on 15 Big Ones.

Lady/Fallin' in Love:
December 26th; January 26th, 1970. Officially released as B-Side to “Sound of Free”. Stereo remix available on Summer Love Songs and Made in California. The original version was released on Under the Influence: Super Furry Animals.

I Just Got My Pay:
January 5th. Circulates on GV box set.

Good Time:
January 7th. Released on Love You.

Back Home:
January 18th. Released on Made in California. The original 1963 version was also released on Made in California.

H.E.L.P. Is on the Way:
August 17th. Released on the GV box.

Sound of Free:
November 13th. This was released in Europe as a solo Dennis Wilson Single. It has been released on Made in California.

Surf's Up sessions:

4th of July:
April 3rd. Released on GV box.

Barbara:
April, 1971. Dennis Wilson demo. Released on Endless Harmony.

(Wouldn't It Be Nice) To Live Again:
May 23rd. An edited 4 minute version was released on Made in California.

CATP sessions:

We Got Love:
No date. Was originally released on Holland, but quickly withdrawn. It was once again released on the new vinyl copy of Holland. A live version of the song is on the In Concert LP.

After-Holland sessions:

My Love Lives On:
March 21st, 1973; August 20, 1974. Dennis Wilson song. Released on Made in California.

California Feelin':
November 12th, 1974. An edit was released on Made in California, as was Brian’s original piano demo.

Barnyard Blues:
October 1974. Released on Made in California.

Why Do Fools Fall in Love
May 29th, 1975. Released on Made in California.

15 Big Ones sessions:

Sea Cruise:
March 9th. Released on Ten Years of Harmony.

Love You sessions:

Sherry She Needs Me:
August 21st. A remixed version was released on Made in California.

Brian Wilson Demos:
A 1975 demo of “In the Back of My Mind” was released as a bonus track on No Pier Pressure.

You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin':
Fall 1976. Released in Made in California. Cover of the Righteous Brothers song.

Adult/Child sessions:
"Still I Dream of It" and "It's Over Now" are both on the GV Box. "It's Over Now" was released at the correct speed on Made in California.

Our Team:
November 15th, December 4th. Released on the GV box.

Why:
November 18th. Released in Made in California. An instrumental track.

Melekalikimaka:
November 18th.  A remixed version was released on Ultimate Christmas. “Kona Coast” with Christmas lyrics.

Morning Christmas:
November 22nd. Released on Ultimate Christmas. Dennis Wilson song.

Christmas Medley:
November 23rd. Released on the Wilson family Christmas album, Hey Santa.

KTSA sessions:

Da Doo Ron Ron
October 17th, 1979. Released on Made in California.

Goin’ to the Beach:
November 11th, 1979. Released on Made in California.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 09:17:04 PM by Bubbly Waves » Logged
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 04:35:05 PM »

« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 10:20:24 PM by bgas » Logged

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 04:46:50 PM »

Thread title seems a bit misleading, as many of the songs you listed have been released (as noted by you). 
Maybe need to remove all the titles that have been released from the list, or change the thread name

That's how the last thread was, so I went with it, but if people feel the released tracks should be deleted, then I'll do it. Although, I think it's helpful to point out where once-unreleased stuff can be found legitimately. Some of the stuff that was part of the original thread, like "Sound of Free" and "Lady/Fallin' in Love", I wasn't really sure what to do with. Should I get rid of the used-to-be-hard-to-find singles?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 04:53:58 PM by Bubbly Waves » Logged
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 05:03:47 PM »

Many corrections follow.

Three Blind Mice was released as session excerpts on The Smile Sessions 5-CD set.
The Letter was released on Rarities.
Loop de Loop in its original form was (sort of) released as part of the 1980 Capital Radio special.
Sweet and Bitter was recorded in mid-1970 and (sort of) released on YouTube.
H.E.L.P. Is On the Way was released on the Good Vibrations box set; an alternate mix circulates on bootleg.
Barnyard Blues as released on Made in California dates from 1974.
Won't You Tell Me circulates on Get the Boot; the version on All This Is That is the Sunrays version.
It's a New Day circulates on All This Is That in better quality but at the wrong speed (about 3% too fast).
We Got Love was released by accident on incorrect pressings of Holland.
Hard Times circulates on All This Is That in better quality but at the wrong speed (about 3% too fast).
That Special Feeling exists as a Brian demo circa 1976 on bootleg.
They're Marching Along exists as a Brian demo circa 1976 on bootleg.
The Christmas Medley dates from the MIU sessions and circulates on the Merry Christmas from the Beach Boys bootleg.
It Could Be Anything circulates on All This Is That under the title Where We Are.
Little Girl circulates on Dumb Angel Rarities.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 06:17:38 PM »

Okay, so I moved all the released songs into the third post.
kwebb
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2015, 06:34:18 PM »

Jamaica Farewell: July 23rd, 1979. Does not circulate. No vocals recorded.

Jamaica Farewell circulates on Dumb Angel Rarities Volume 3, I believe
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2015, 06:52:12 PM »

That's the version by California Music, a Curt Boettcher project from 1972-78. Brian plays organ on it. 1975.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

Howie Edelson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2015, 08:53:05 PM »

The Get The Boot version of "I'm Going Your Way" is not the same version as on the Brothers Rarities comp.
Same basic track, but new double tracked vocal and fleshed out instruments.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2015, 10:22:00 PM »

The Get The Boot version of "I'm Going Your Way" is not the same version as on the Brothers Rarities comp.

Where can the Brother Rarities comp be heard?

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2015, 10:43:15 PM »

Many corrections follow.

This was helpful, thanks. However, I'm not really sure about one of them.

Sweet and Bitter was recorded in mid-1970 and (sort of) released on YouTube.

The video says it was recorded in 1970. Other than that, I've never really seen any info on this. Does anyone know anything?
Please delete my account
Smiley Smile Associate

Please delete my account

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2015, 11:31:22 PM »

Thanks for all the work.

What about "I'm Begging You Please"? Sorry if I missed it or if it has a different title.

Please delete my account
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2015, 12:43:28 AM »

Didn't Brian and Mickey Dolenz do some recording in the early 70's?

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2015, 01:40:09 AM »

Apologies if it's there and I missed it, but there's the earlier version of Lady Lynda - recorded before MIU?
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2015, 03:37:38 AM »

Apologies if it's there and I missed it, but there's the earlier version of Lady Lynda - recorded before MIU?

Yes - 1976 according to Ron Altbach.
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2015, 03:38:20 AM »

<<Carry Me Home
Summer 1972. Circulates on California Feeling, and also appears on the Brother Rarities comp.>>

This belongs under the Holland sessions.

Smilin Ed H
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2015, 06:00:36 AM »

And offered up for MIU but not part of the actual sessions, right?
KDS
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2015, 06:11:47 AM »

Wow.  There is plenty of material to release bloated, expensive box sets, which will include several discs of ever so slightly different versions of BB classics, and of course more different versions of Heroes and Villains, with the rarities every few years or so. 

And the sad part is.....I'll probably keep buying them to put on the shelf next to GV and MIC. 

Ah, I love the smell of commerce in the morning. 

Grin
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2015, 06:25:42 AM »

We're assuming that even a good 50% of what is still unreleased is worth the listen. I think what we've heard at this point via releases and bootlegs is probably the cream.

KDS
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2015, 06:36:48 AM »

We're assuming that even a good 50% of what is still unreleased is worth the listen. I think what we've heard at this point via releases and bootlegs is probably the cream.

You're probably right. 

But, I still wouldn't rule out the suits at the label deciding to put another package together in the future. 

I haven't really checked out the world of BB b@@tlegs. 
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2015, 07:09:46 AM »

Yeah! Where?

Huh

37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2015, 08:08:17 AM »

Yeah! Where?

Huh

There was a thread about it earlier. It was basically a Capitol-compiled in-house proposal for a Brother rarities set, IINM. Lotsa interesting looking stuff on it. Someone found it in a record store in LA, and others on this board have confirmed its existence. Unfortunately, the buyer doesn't want to share it...and I don't think a second copy ever showed up.

EDIT:
Here's the thread:
http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,17621.0.html

Not so much a Brother rarities compilation, but a "proposed bonus tracks" compilation, stuff they were apparently planning to stick on the end of the 2000 reissues.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 08:10:14 AM by 37!ws » Logged

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2015, 09:58:31 AM »

Yeah! Where?

Huh

There was a thread about it earlier. It was basically a Capitol-compiled in-house proposal for a Brother rarities set, IINM. Lotsa interesting looking stuff on it. Someone found it in a record store in LA, and others on this board have confirmed its existence. Unfortunately, the buyer doesn't want to share it...and I don't think a second copy ever showed up.

EDIT:
Here's the thread:
http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,17621.0.html

Not so much a Brother rarities compilation, but a "proposed bonus tracks" compilation, stuff they were apparently planning to stick on the end of the 2000 reissues.

IF the buyer didn't/doesn't want to share it, how then is Howie able to so definitely comment on a track/tracks from the CDs? 

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2015, 10:46:23 AM »

I can find a session for "Lady Lynda" in the summer of 1977, but not before. Is there any more info?

Thanks for all the work.

What about "I'm Begging You Please"? Sorry if I missed it or if it has a different title.

It's there under the title "Please Darling".
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 10:47:30 AM by Bubbly Waves » Logged
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx