gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680784 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 08:43:29 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Beach Boys today  (Read 1353 times)
SIP Mike
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin' To The Beach!

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2015, 07:51:41 AM »

I saw a few shows with The Beach Boys newest member Ike Ikenberger...and it was one of the best shows I've seen since last years FFF tour.

I think the beach boys are a force to be reckoned with, and put most other bands to shame. The show I saw just recently was better than any album that's been made since oh, maybe the 70s!!!
(Could do with a few more classics (Student demonstration time (theremin and all (or woo woo machine as some say)), Duke of Earl, endless harmony (if surfin is the opener this should close the show, or atleast the next live album), and I heard it was at a sound check which was exciting but I haven't heard it, Summer in paradise (would be do cool to have a 90s "set" with songs from the era mixed together, plus a guest spot for Al Jardine if he could stop being lazy and play with the beach boys to sing his songs from the era))

Post your thoughts. Positive thoughts for Buddhas birthday tomorrow. Namaste.

Music, after all, is all about lifting mood.
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 08:02:16 AM »

Take it easy on Al, man. He wanted the innocence. He was just the man waiting for the bus.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
SIP Mike
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin' To The Beach!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 08:11:12 AM »

Take it easy on Al, man. He wanted the innocence. He was just the man waiting for the bus.

I just get a bit flabbergasted at his actions. He has no idea how people perceive his actions publicly

Music, after all, is all about lifting mood.
RiC
Smiley Smile Associate

One and Only

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 08:22:32 AM »

Have you been to the beach lately, SIP Mike? I've been waiting your informative posts so eagerly, but you must've been busy at the beach.

Seriously, I'd love to hear them play Somewhere Near Japan, Strange Things Happen, Slow Summer Dancing and why not even Summer In Paradise.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2015, 08:29:32 AM »

SIP Mike, still in kokomo's grip of insanity?

SDT is lame  Angry
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 08:33:23 AM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx