-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 05:07:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Racism in the United States Of America
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Racism in the United States Of America  (Read 3008 times)
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« on: May 12, 2015, 11:49:02 PM »

https://news.yahoo.com/boston-university-criticizes-black-professors-racial-tweets-202124508.html

Is this not the kind of attitude that keeps racism alive and well in Amerika?

If this were a white professor saying these things about black people, would that professor still have a job?

Should this new professor keep her job, despite her obvious bias against a certain demographic of not just her students, but the country's population as a whole?

What are we, as the "tolerant" generation, going to do about this sort of inequality in the world?

No mas, por favor.
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 07:39:37 PM »

There's entire institutionalized school of thought that says blacks can't be racist.  I'm not fcking kidding.  It's taught in school.  In 2015!   Cheesy  Not 1850.  2015.  Graduate level sh-t.

Hilarious stuff.

I find it funny because history tells us -- loud n' clear -- where these azzhats wind up on the Douchebag Totem Pole.  They're wiping Hitler's azz in an overflowing Port-a-Jon in the "Great Sh!tter In The Sky."

LOL LOL LOL

Yes.  I said Hitler.   Smokin
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 07:42:27 PM by Bean Bag » Logged

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 08:24:34 PM »

The lady's obviously a racist - although, I find this black-on-white racism to be a refreshing change of pace.
She shouldn't be allowed to hold a position of power where her prejudice can actually have an effect - y'know, like being a teacher.

It's taught in school.

Which school?
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 09:33:16 AM »

If the blacks want segregation then they should have it. There wouldn't be a black president without white Americans, though. That's not racism; that's the cold, hard truth.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 07:17:30 PM »

It's taught in school.

Which school?

A lot of them?  My wife got a dose of it in grad school.  It's called "white privilege." It's not new.

I find this black-on-white racism to be a refreshing change of pace.

Shocking.  I'm so utterly bowled over with shock that you feel this way Bubbly.

Anyway that "fresh" Masagil feeling you describe likely serves as the genesis to that sick-o "Privileged" mindset.  I'm sure Hitler and the KKK felt that "refreshing change of pace" and privilege while dishing out their view of "justice" on their victims.

How many Hitlers is that, by the way? Smokin
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 07:26:48 PM by Bean Bag » Logged

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 11:14:15 PM »

I find this black-on-white racism to be a refreshing change of pace.

Shocking.  I'm so utterly bowled over with shock that you feel this way Bubbly.

Anyway that "fresh" Masagil feeling you describe likely serves as the genesis to that sick-o "Privileged" mindset.  I'm sure Hitler and the KKK felt that "refreshing change of pace" and privilege while dishing out their view of "justice" on their victims.

Hey, if you get to make jokes about Hitler, I can make jokes about racism.
Didn't realize you would take the bait so easily, though.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 11:19:59 PM by Bubbly Waves » Logged
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2015, 09:43:07 AM »

Did I take the bait -- or did you?   Cheesy

But hey, jokes are important, Bubbles!  Society is way too uptight about race -- it clearly needs more jokes about racism, since humor is a great way to illustrate the truth and tear down barriers.  And your "joke" is a perfect example as to why we need more humor about this topic.  Shall I explain?...

As the premise of your joke the stereotypes of aggressor vs. the oppressed, was refreshingly reversed -- as you put it.  But in reality society already agrees with those sentiments.  Black-on-white racism is currently far more tolerated than is its white-on-black variety.  Therefore not ironic.  And if one knows this, then your "joke" was a actually an attempt to acquiesce the stated stereotypical aggressor.  Not ironic, not daring and not a clever remark on societies foibles -- all of which are the hallmark of good humor.  Rather, it was an attempt at levity, where levity holds no value and will not stick.

For example -- if one of Hitler's buddies had joked with his friends, from high atop the guard tower... "I find this whole 'Final Solution' business to be a refreshing change of pace."  There's no humor there since it is fully in line with the aggressor -- not ironic, not daring, nor clever.  To be humorous, it would need to be reversed... and a prisoner getting off the train would have to say something like "You know what Herschel?  I think this camp is going to be a nice change of pace for us."

Wink 

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2015, 01:11:48 PM »

Sorry, I'll make sure my jokes are up to your right-wind standards next time.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 02:32:03 PM by Bubbly Waves » Logged
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2015, 09:15:18 PM »

Oh please... this is supposed to be light-hearted topic.  LOL

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: