gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 05:34:46 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Warmth of the Sun" Compilation  (Read 4266 times)
Rerun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 22, 2006, 06:10:22 PM »

What will or what should be on there that wasn't included on Sounds of Summer?  Any thoughts?

"Today, in our increasingly secular world, loving one another doesn't just mean "loving."  It means being forced to accept as normal those behaviors and lifestyles that are absolutely abnormal.  It's not enough to live and let live.  You must chant their mantra as well; you must repent, renounce your own values, and pronounce those of the radical left as superior and adopt them."
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 06:59:58 PM »

Good question, since the first installment was so thorough. Can they find another 30 summer good time songs?

I hope It's Ok is on it.
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 07:08:09 PM »

how 'bout them Smart Girls?!?   Wink

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 07:17:05 PM »

i wouldn't mind it. I think it's a great track. As good as anything the Beastie Boys could have done. BRian's Boutique.
Rerun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 08:19:38 PM »

Just some of the things I thought MAY be...

Warmth of the Sun (of course)
Lonely Sea
Farmer's Daughter
Catch a Wave
Cabin Essence
Surf's Up
Break Away
'Till I Die
Friends
Marcella
Sail on Sailor
Wonderful
Cool Cool Water
Kiss Me, Baby
Please Let Me Wonder
Caroline, No

"Today, in our increasingly secular world, loving one another doesn't just mean "loving."  It means being forced to accept as normal those behaviors and lifestyles that are absolutely abnormal.  It's not enough to live and let live.  You must chant their mantra as well; you must repent, renounce your own values, and pronounce those of the radical left as superior and adopt them."
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2006, 04:18:37 AM »

Hm, let's see...

Warmth of the sun
Caroline, No
The little girl I once knew
Break away
Sail on Sailor
Friends
Please let me wonder
Lady Lynda
Cottonfields
Bluebirds over the mountain
Little Honda
California dreamin
Still cruisin
Surfin
Hawaii

I gues it'll look a little like this....

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 07:13:43 AM »

If it's just another hits/album tracks compilation, then do we really care what's on it?

If, however, it's a rarities/unreleased/sessions collection, then we just have to wait and see what the bootleggers produce in the next few months, and expect Capital to release half of that.

“We live in divisive times.”
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 08:59:48 AM »

If it's just another hits/album tracks compilation, then do we really care what's on it?

It is.
So we will get other charting singles and no rare stuff

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
SG7
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2006, 10:38:29 AM »

I'm in it. Isn't that special?  LOL

Kidding of course  Grin
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2006, 10:57:06 AM »

All indications seem to point to "The Warmth of the Sun" being another compilation, basically "Sounds of Summer II." Since "Sounds of Summer" was pretty much most of "Greatest Hits Vol. 1" with some tracks thrown in from Vol. 2 and 3, I would imagine most if not all of "The Warmth of the Sun" will feature stuff from the three volumes of greatest hits that aren't on "Sounds of Summer." Wild guess: One track will be "The Warmth of the Sun." Smiley

Another news article indicates "The Warmth of the Sun" will focus more on the "later era" tracks from the 70's and 80's, mentioning tracks from albums such "Wild Honey" and "Still Cruisin'." So it's possible there will be some tracks on "The Warmth of the Sun" that aren't on the GH sets.

I would still imagine the rarities will be left to the beachboyscentral.com website, which is fine with me as long as we get some CD releases out of it. Smiley

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Jason
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2006, 11:01:32 AM »

I wonder if the band is going to re-release Still Cruisin' and Summer In Paradise over the new website.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2006, 09:27:47 AM »

YES that's a fantastic idea!

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2006, 10:34:08 AM »

...and SIP can have the revised UK versions as bonus cuts. That'd rule...

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2006, 01:28:01 PM »

Another news article indicates "The Warmth of the Sun" will focus more on the "later era" tracks from the 70's and 80's, mentioning tracks from albums such "Wild Honey" and "Still Cruisin'." 

Wel, maybe they were talking about "Here comes the night" (disco version) and thought that this was the version on Wild Honey. I think the disco-version was almost a top 40 hit.

- Jack Rieley
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2006, 02:36:06 PM »

What will or what should be on there that wasn't included on Sounds of Summer?  Any thoughts?

If there are no rarities or unreleased tracks, I don't care. I can burn my own discs of songs I already own.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Rerun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2006, 02:52:32 PM »

If there are no rarities or unreleased tracks, I don't care. I can burn my own discs of songs I already own.

Of course, but its still interesting to me at least because Sounds was so complete.  Would a second disc even be enticing when people read the back and only recognize three or four songs?  BTW, I forgot to add "Wendy" to my list.

Glenn Greenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2006, 04:38:28 AM »

How about "Girl Don't Tell Me?"

That was on Endless Summer.

Glenn
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx