gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 06:05:47 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If Mike wasn't in the band...  (Read 60797 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: May 23, 2015, 11:07:13 AM »

You're right...how would you know he wasn't suspended?  My answer to that? THAT'S why you should never assume things.

What? I didn't assume he wasn't and I didn't assume he was, I didn't assume anything, I was asking what was being done about it in my not knowingness. Now I know, I'm good.

You assumed nothing was done about it, or was going to be done. In any case. I kept my word like I always do.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 23, 2015, 11:12:06 AM »

I know that the libel didn't rise to the heinous level of being called a "cheerleader"

No need for this kind of thing unless it was to drag things even deeper into the muck. It's none of your business.

It isn't but the other half of it was.

I'm good with it now but it did gall a little that it took so long for something so clearly against board standards practices while others were handled so quickly. Anyway, it was handled and thanks.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 23, 2015, 11:22:29 AM »

You're right...how would you know he wasn't suspended?  My answer to that? THAT'S why you should never assume things.

What? I didn't assume he wasn't and I didn't assume he was, I didn't assume anything, I was asking what was being done about it in my not knowingness. Now I know, I'm good.

You assumed nothing was done about it, or was going to be done. In any case. I kept my word like I always do.

I'm not sure what you are referring to but I did ask if you and GF2002's comments about "handling" a situation were in regards to my situation, because you were not specific, so no I didn't assume. I asked.

And again, thanks for handling it.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 05:10:15 AM by Cam Mott » Logged

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #228 on: May 23, 2015, 11:30:12 AM »

I know that the libel didn't rise to the heinous level of being called a "cheerleader"

No need for this kind of thing unless it was to drag things even deeper into the muck. It's none of your business.

It isn't but the other half of it was.

I'm good with it now but it did gall a little that it took so long for something so clearly against board standards practices while others were handled so quickly. Anyway, it was handled and thanks.

So quickly? Again, you don't know what you're talking about enough to comment on it, especially publicly on the board so everyone can read it, and beyond that consider using some tact when referencing other situations that have been going on. Because rubbing salt in an open wound is usually not a good way to get people's attention. Neither is getting into other business that is none of your concern.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 23, 2015, 12:44:45 PM »

I know that the libel didn't rise to the heinous level of being called a "cheerleader" but what is being done about the member who libeled another member as a "fellator"? Are the vague do-nothing and/or being-handled posts in regards to the "fellator" libel?  A public announcement was made in the "cheerleader" incident, could a Moderator please respond/clarify in some way?

Im sorry but...get over it. I dont mean to be rude, but someone called you a not so nice name. Youre an adult, I presume. We all know you didnt actually go down on Mike or Bruce or whoever. You crying about it just brings more attention and actually makes you look worse. If you just talked to the person in question and/or PM'd the mods about it I think that would accomplish more than this hissyfit. Not saying this to be rude, just being a "straight shooter" like good ol' Mr Love.
Wait a minute there, who are you to tell Cam how he is supposed to feel? I am sure some of the things that hurt your feelings would roll off a duck's back with me or other people. You don't get to decide those things, none of us here do. This is why we have Mods to go to if we feel someone has gone too far. Personal attacks are just that, personal.

Youre right, its just in how you react to it. I recall asking if there was some kind of ignore button when things got tense for me. It really seems more and more like that might be the best option for everyone. I know thats not exactly a quick fix, but it would probably save us all a lot of trouble down the road. I just think crying about it to the mods in a thread where they're already being given enough grief might not be the best way to get what you want. Its like throwing a temper tantrum as mommy and daddy are discussing how theyre gonna pay the mounting bills...theres a better time and place and way to do it.

I agree it might be better if this thread were locked now. It was probably meant to start sh*t, it failed to start the sh*t it set out to but now theres a whole different kind of smellier sh*t thats stinking up the board.
And you don't get tell people how to react to different stuff, either. Some people will cry to mommy and some people will punch a person in the face, while others it won't bother them at all. Everyone is different. This is the problem, we don't take any of this into account when we post in here. A little forethought can go a long way.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 23, 2015, 01:07:08 PM »

And this thread has long since become worthless. Best to lock it down, methinks.

I agree. Considering AGD only posted one more time within this whole thread shows that it was only created to start sh!t. It's quite sad that a thread like this was started from a so called "historian".

And from someone who is first to dump on any so called 'troll' behavior.

Lock it down.
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 23, 2015, 01:08:14 PM »

And this thread has long since become worthless. Best to lock it down, methinks.

I agree. Considering AGD only posted one more time within this whole thread shows that it was only created to start sh!t. It's quite sad that a thread like this was started from a so called "historian".

And from someone who is first to dump on any so called 'troll' behavior.

Lock it down.

w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t!

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 23, 2015, 01:12:46 PM »

Don't just lock it down Mods, delete the whole f***!ng thing. Anyone new who comes to the board and sees this is going to run a mile.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: May 23, 2015, 01:18:43 PM »

I say let this one stand as a testament to what happens when this kind of thing replaces the reasons why most people come to this or any message board. Let it stand as a crumbling ruin to show what this board could turn into if that's how members want it to turn. Learn from what happened and get a sense of what could happen if this stuff continues, and by that I mean on all fronts and all aspects and with all implications being considered. All.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: May 23, 2015, 01:25:27 PM »

And as I wrote that the irony was not lost as I was listening to WXPN as they spun three Beach Boys records back-to-back, Don't Worry Baby, California Girls, and the Smile Sessions "Cantina" version of Heroes And Villains...three of the finest records of the 60's and beyond.

That's what it's all about, not this other crap. Why it keeps coming up, I don't know, but the elixir for it is always not too far away, in this case it was on 88.5 on my FM dial for roughly 10 minutes of sonic bliss.

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 23, 2015, 01:34:32 PM »

I say let this one stand as a testament to what happens when this kind of thing replaces the reasons why most people come to this or any message board. Let it stand as a crumbling ruin to show what this board could turn into if that's how members want it to turn. Learn from what happened and get a sense of what could happen if this stuff continues, and by that I mean on all fronts and all aspects and with all implications being considered. All.

A good start but unless you come up with a decent 'hook' and a catchy tune, I don't think its going to be a hit! LOL
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #236 on: May 23, 2015, 01:53:05 PM »

Wrong - it was a thought that suddenly popped into my head, so I created the topic. Kinda amusing "what if", not unlike a lot of other "what if's" of recent vintage.

And care to show me the rule that says I have to post a minimum of x times in a thread I've started ?  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 23, 2015, 01:55:03 PM »

Maybe what this board needed was a good 'vent'. Everyone has now gave their two cents worth and perhaps we can now move on and not have every other thread turned into a Mike bashfest..... well at least until his book comes out.  Evil

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 23, 2015, 02:07:17 PM »

Mike's book will be a bloodbath here.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 23, 2015, 02:16:46 PM »

Wrong - it was a thought that suddenly popped into my head, so I created the topic. Kinda amusing "what if", not unlike a lot of other "what if's" of recent vintage.

And care to show me the rule that says I have to post a minimum of x times in a thread I've started ?  Grin

'Rising above At the same level as the fuckwits, shitweasels & trolls.' then AGD? LOL
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 02:17:39 PM by Pretty Funky » Logged
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #240 on: May 23, 2015, 02:33:18 PM »

It'll turn into something like 'this' every time.  Nothing has been resolved.  No agreement has been made.  Nothing has been decided.  So to let this 'thread' stand as a testament to 'what can happen' will only make it part of an unsavory collection of similar, although not QUITE identical, threads.  THIS time everybody came crashing down to the jagged edge of the fossilized manure pile.  No exceptions.  The good guys, the bad guys, the heroes and the villains...the spectators and the referees all now needing, in the worst possible way, to purchase a new pair of exrra stength, extra long, professional-grade hip-waders.

Hardly anyone is satisfied, satiated, vidicated, pleased or happy.  EVERYBODY lost.  NOTHING was gained.  There is NO way to even midly suggest that ANYBODY was right...about anything...whatsoever.

And we have the nerve to criticize ANYONE?  We are qualified to lead and guide?  We'd be happy to show what we 'accomplished' here to our kids?  Well... ... ...no.

Embarrassed

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #241 on: May 23, 2015, 02:41:41 PM »

And care to show me the rule that says I have to post a minimum of x times in a thread I've started ?  Grin

'Rising above At the same level as the fuckwits, shitweasels & trolls.' then AGD? LOL

Inasmuch as I don't do it compulsively and incontinently, yup, still rising above.  Grin

Lee's right - can this sucker. No-one's come out of it covered in glory and smelling of roses. No-one at all.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
wilsonart1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 23, 2015, 02:51:16 PM »

Can someone tie my shoe's? I just can't figure it out. 
Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #243 on: May 23, 2015, 03:00:12 PM »

I know that the libel didn't rise to the heinous level of being called a "cheerleader" but what is being done about the member who libeled another member as a "fellator"? Are the vague do-nothing and/or being-handled posts in regards to the "fellator" libel?  A public announcement was made in the "cheerleader" incident, could a Moderator please respond/clarify in some way?

Im sorry but...get over it. I dont mean to be rude, but someone called you a not so nice name. Youre an adult, I presume. We all know you didnt actually go down on Mike or Bruce or whoever. You crying about it just brings more attention and actually makes you look worse. If you just talked to the person in question and/or PM'd the mods about it I think that would accomplish more than this hissyfit. Not saying this to be rude, just being a "straight shooter" like good ol' Mr Love.
Wait a minute there, who are you to tell Cam how he is supposed to feel? I am sure some of the things that hurt your feelings would roll off a duck's back with me or other people. You don't get to decide those things, none of us here do. This is why we have Mods to go to if we feel someone has gone too far. Personal attacks are just that, personal.

Youre right, its just in how you react to it. I recall asking if there was some kind of ignore button when things got tense for me. It really seems more and more like that might be the best option for everyone. I know thats not exactly a quick fix, but it would probably save us all a lot of trouble down the road. I just think crying about it to the mods in a thread where they're already being given enough grief might not be the best way to get what you want. Its like throwing a temper tantrum as mommy and daddy are discussing how theyre gonna pay the mounting bills...theres a better time and place and way to do it.

I agree it might be better if this thread were locked now. It was probably meant to start sh*t, it failed to start the sh*t it set out to but now theres a whole different kind of smellier sh*t thats stinking up the board.
And you don't get tell people how to react to different stuff, either. Some people will cry to mommy and some people will punch a person in the face, while others it won't bother them at all. Everyone is different. This is the problem, we don't take any of this into account when we post in here. A little forethought can go a long way.

Give me a break, man. What I said to Cam is FAR from the worst thing anyone has said on this board, much less this very thread. No need to grandstand me. I agree with your general point, but I think we could all agree that to spam a thread with some derivative of "Mods! Suspend poster x cuz they were mean to me!" isnt the best way to settle problems. Im willing to bet if the roles were reversed you wouldnt be standing up for me either.

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 23, 2015, 03:15:30 PM »

Give me a break, man. What I said to Cam is FAR from the worst thing anyone has said on this board, much less this very thread. No need to grandstand me. I agree with your general point, but I think we could all agree that to spam a thread with some derivative of "Mods! Suspend poster x cuz they were mean to me!" isnt the best way to settle problems. Im willing to bet if the roles were reversed you wouldnt be standing up for me either.
Hey man, I never said that you did. You are a perfect example of what I was talking about. You get very touchy when you think someone is getting on you, which I was not. I thought we were a having a civil discussion, guess not.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: May 23, 2015, 03:48:53 PM »

I know that the libel didn't rise to the heinous level of being called a "cheerleader" but what is being done about the member who libeled another member as a "fellator"? Are the vague do-nothing and/or being-handled posts in regards to the "fellator" libel?  A public announcement was made in the "cheerleader" incident, could a Moderator please respond/clarify in some way?

Hey man, I never said that you did. You are a perfect example of what I was talking about. You get very touchy when you think someone is getting on you, which I was not. I thought we were a having a civil discussion, guess not.

I admit I can get pretty touchy at times, but I dont consider this one of them. Whats uncivil about what I said? All Im saying is out of all the inherent problems with this thread and our various clashing personalities demonstrated within, I dont think me telling Cam he was going about resolving his beef in the wrong way really warranted being called out as if I was somehow being particularly rude. In my head I was "saying" that to you in a totally calm manner, but I guess you took it the wrong way. And I admit, to me it came across like you were lecturing me your past two posts when you probably imagined you were communicating in a friendlier way. So thats probably another thing we all need to keep in mind, how much information is lost when we arent speaking face to face and cant see the other person's body language or distinguish their tone.

Really though, I think this opens up another conversation we ought to have as a community: what should be the protocol for bringing attention to personal problems, and what standard if any should we expect from the mods? What kind of post requires action? Or...y'know...that ignore button...could be a good idea...maybe...at least I think so...
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 03:55:26 PM by Mujan, B@st@rd Son of a Blue Wizard » Logged

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
[
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 23, 2015, 03:58:16 PM »

Murry would be the lead singer if Mike wasn't in the group. and their name would be "The Wilson 4"..(well until his death than they would have broke up)
"Let's go surfin now do be do be do be now, come on safari with me..do be do be do be do do."
"One step to step on the surf board..wa wa ohhhhhhhhhhh"
"She's real nice my 409, do be do be do be 409, my 409"
"When my children grow up to be men."
" Do be do be do, if we were older"
" There's one place that I like to go that's to the Nickelodeon, do be do be do be and we'll watch the show at the nickelodeon."
" And we'll have a swell time until the daddy gets the whip out."
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 23, 2015, 04:14:45 PM »

I think we could all agree that to spam a thread with some derivative of "Mods! Suspend poster x cuz they were mean to me!" isnt the best way to settle problems.

You must not have been here long. LOL

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 23, 2015, 04:20:16 PM »

Murry would be the lead singer if Mike wasn't in the group. and their name would be "The Wilson 4"..(well until his death than they would have broke up)
"Let's go surfin now do be do be do be now, come on safari with me..do be do be do be do do."
"One step to step on the surf board..wa wa ohhhhhhhhhhh"
"She's real nice my 409, do be do be do be 409, my 409"
"When my children grow up to be men."
" Do be do be do, if we were older"
" There's one place that I like to go that's to the Nickelodeon, do be do be do be and we'll watch the show at the nickelodeon."
" And we'll have a swell time until the daddy gets the whip out."

LOL

"My genius just wasn't made for these times."

Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: May 23, 2015, 04:31:36 PM »

I think we could all agree that to spam a thread with some derivative of "Mods! Suspend poster x cuz they were mean to me!" isnt the best way to settle problems.

You must not have been here long. LOL

Nope, Im relatively new...and learning day by day this place is WAY more disfunctional than I thought LOL

But i acknowledge I contribute a lot in my own way. I dont think anyone here is malicious with one or two exceptions* I just think its a case of conflicting personalities.

*Kitkay, or kattykat, or w/e her name most certainly was but thankfully shes gone

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE

[
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx