gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:15:51 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If Mike wasn't in the band...  (Read 60802 times)
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: May 21, 2015, 08:26:26 PM »

I suggest we listen to friends and relax!

You have any hash joints left? I know you do.

Can we pretty please get a round of brownie-stoned Cassius Love vs a peace-pipe-toked-out Sonny Wilson?
 Grin Cool Guy
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 08:27:38 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 21, 2015, 08:30:26 PM »

Can we pretty please get a round of brownie-stoned Cassius Love vs a peace-pipe-toked-out Sonny Wilson?
 Grin Cool Guy
That would make a better thread. Do you toke or ingest? Wink

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: May 21, 2015, 08:32:13 PM »

And ultimately 2 people I respect a TON...GF and Mikie come to blows...BECAUSE of the never-ending Mike Love's a dink show.  Mikie...remember what you told me.  It's happening for what?  No valid reason.  Cool.  Just cool.  GuitarFool.  Easy.  This won't work out well for the board.  It's amazing the things which grow out of SOMEBODY ELSE'S bullshit.  Doc and Mikie aren't the problem

Thanks for that, Lee, and thanks for the PM. I'll drop it for now and will deal with it behind the scenes later. I never responded to my unfair "timeout" before now, and I probably should have. My fault. I still stand by the simple advice I gave you earlier, and you obviously already know how to take the high road.  Smiley

If I call someone out and accuse them of something publicly, I at least have the guts to back it up with proof and the balls to man up and apologize if I was wrong.

You lied, made false accusations against me, haven't backed up a single thing, and now try to bow out gracefully without backing up any of your claims.

Again, prove it Mikie. There are others besides you and I who know exactly what happened.

Moral of the story: Keep things private that should stay private, and always tell the truth. Simple.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 08:34:51 PM by guitarfool2002 » Logged

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 21, 2015, 08:37:34 PM »

Grin Cool Guy

A little bit of both... And sometimes at BB/BW shows even!

Speaking of weed, I would love to get Mike toked up and tell him that many people, even people who think he acts like a butthole often, still have some genuine love for Dr. Love (contrary to what he might think), and would love to talk a bit of sense into him (fat chance, I know - maybe would take LSD for what I had in mind). I, for one, still truly believe that there's more "good person" stuff buried deep down in there, that's just buried by extreme defensiveness and enabling surroundings.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 09:08:32 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 21, 2015, 08:38:31 PM »

Hey, I LIKE Van Dyke Parks! He's a NICE PERSON.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 21, 2015, 08:50:32 PM »

Lemme tell you somethin', Guitarfool. What you're doing now is egging me on to say things openly in a public forum that will ultimately get me banned (again). Unfortunately, YOU hold the ban switch, and I'm not stupid!! I won't get enticed into a heated exchange with you because one of us will end up with the short end of the stick and by default it will be me. I'd be more than happy to put the link to the thread in question right here and let EVERYONE be a mod here and decide whether it warranted me getting a 7 day "timeout" or not. Do you want to do that? I have no problem with that! You want to make this a public discussion, then let's do it! My cred won't be hurt a bit from it!! It's up to you, my friend, but don't say I'm a liar - it just ain't true!

When Real Beach Boy resigned from being a Mod here, my opinion was solicited on whether you should get the nod. I gave the 2 thumbs up for you. I pulled for you because you seemed half-way intelligent and you seemed fair. But you turned on me. Unfortunately, the latter turned out to be untrue.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 21, 2015, 09:04:07 PM »

Is anything being done about the member who is repeatedly and recently calling another member a "fellator"? Is that sort of thing OK on the board too?

Gosh, Cam. Stop being so cryptic. What are you talking about? If you're not gonna come out and say it, then save it fellator.

You've got the Mike. Tell us what's up. Or is it stuck in your mouth?
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: May 21, 2015, 09:09:09 PM »

Lemme tell you somethin', Guitarfool. What you're doing now is egging me on to say things openly in a public forum that will ultimately get me banned (again). Unfortunately, YOU hold the ban switch, and I'm not stupid!! I won't get enticed into a heated exchange with you because one of us will end up with the short end of the stick and by default it will be me. I'd be more than happy to put the link to the thread in question right here and let EVERYONE be a mod here and decide whether it warranted me getting a 7 day "timeout" or not. Do you want to do that? I have no problem with that! You want to make this a public discussion, then let's do it! My cred won't be hurt a bit from it!! It's up to you, my friend, but don't say I'm a liar - it just ain't true!

When Real Beach Boy resigned from being a Mod here, my opinion was solicited on whether you should get the nod. I gave the 2 thumbs up for you. I pulled for you because you seemed half-way intelligent and you seemed fair. But you turned on me. Unfortunately, the latter turned out to be untrue.

Do you want me to post all the stuff I know too?

Who gave you the 7 day timeout, Mikie? Answer: THE MODERATORS. Plural.

Did you receive a reply with a reason why after asking for one, Mikie? Be honest for everyone reading this.

Open forum or not, you do not have the right to lie about what I did, suggest I banned you because of losing a debate or reasons beyond the truth, and in general use bullshit and false assumptions to attack me as a moderator.

You are lying, just man up and admit it. Then we move on, it's done. Or show proof of these claims of me banning you on the flick of a switch over a thread on the board.

Prove it, that's all.

And consider that to try to be respectful, not a single word was EVER said about this on the board until you chose to lie about it here and make false accusations against me and my actions in this thread. And after I understand you asked for and received an explanation. Yep, that's right. Received.

Don't bullshit me to score points on the board, at least show that respect.

Beyond that, thanks a lot for the respect in return, pal. All this over *not being able to post on a  message board for 7 days*. Respect is a two way street, you have some potholes to repair in that area.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 09:30:10 PM by guitarfool2002 » Logged

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: May 21, 2015, 09:47:22 PM »

Grin Cool Guy

A little bit of both... And sometimes at BB/BW shows even!

Speaking of weed, I would love to get Mike toked up and tell him that many people, even people who think he acts like a butthole often, still have some genuine love for Dr. Love (contrary to what he might think), and would love to talk a bit of sense into him (fat chance, I know - maybe would take LSD for what I had in mind). I, for one, still truly believe that there's more "good person" stuff buried deep down in there, that's just buried by extreme defensiveness and enabling surroundings.

I agree.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 21, 2015, 09:53:56 PM »

You want to make it public, eh?

OK.

I was NEVER warned or told beforehand that I might be banned.  After I was banned, I had to ASK another Mod via e-mail why I was banned because I had no clue why.

Reason?

For supposedly "tag-teaming" with Mike's Beard against Debbie Leavitt.  HUH?  WHAT!? NO sh*t??

Yep. And Guitarfool actually pressured others into seeing it his way after Debbie and Wirestone complained. This was coincidentally right after I'd seen how the proceedings of the thread had progressively gone downhill, I thought that free speech was compromised with some posters, and I decided to stick up for the underdogs who had their own views and who were trying to get their point across but were being squelched in the process.

Now. Tell me about this lie I told, Guitarfool!

Here is the thread in question. This was the last post I made on the thread before being banned. I encourage you to read my posts before this to see if there's any indication that I was aggressive or pushing an agenda or a hint that I would be banned for violating any rules. Does it really look like like I'm "tag-teaming" with Mike's Beard against anyone? There was no warning at any time from any of the Mods, either on the board or by PM, that I might or would be be banned.

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,20337.275.html

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 21, 2015, 10:10:40 PM »

OK.

I was NEVER warned or told beforehand that I might be banned.  After I was banned, I had to ASK another Mod via e-mail why I was banned because I had no clue why.

Reason?

For supposedly "tag-teaming" with Mike's Beard against Debbie Leavitt.  HUH?  WHAT!? NO sh*t??

Yep. And Guitarfool actually pressured others into seeing it his way after Debbie and Wirestone complained. This was coincidentally right after I'd seen how the proceedings of the thread had progressively gone downhill, I thought that free speech was compromised with some posters, and I decided to stick up for the underdogs who had their own views and who were trying to get their point across but were being squelched in the process.

Here is the thread in question. This was the last post I made on the thread before being banned. I encourage you to read my posts before this to see if there's any indication that I was aggressive or pushing an agenda or a hint that I would be banned for violating any rules. Does it really look like like I'm "tag-teaming" with Mike's Beard against anyone? There was no warning at any time from any of the Mods, either on the board or by PM, that I might or would be be banned.

The only actual tag-teaming that ever happened with Mike's beard is the day a few stray crumbs of naan bread got stuck amongst (tag-teamed with static electricity) his bountiful red, bushy facepube bristles one spring day in the spring on '68; the Fab Four bore witness.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 10:23:26 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: May 21, 2015, 10:13:47 PM »

OK.

Reason?

You're lying, plain and simple. What you posted above is/was the tip of the iceberg. What you posted about me was a lie, as mentioned. I didn't ban you, the moderators did in agreement after discussing it. No one was pressured as you said. You weren't banned because I lost an argument, or because I "pressured" anyone, and you know damn well that's the case because it was explained to you after you asked why.

By the way, who was it that banned you Mikie?

And prove this bullshit about me "pressuring" someone or else get off the pot. I "actually" didn't pressure anyone into doing or saying anything no matter how much you want to lie about it or delude yourself into thinking that it's true.

Just prove your claims, show they weren't lies.

Did I ban you?
Did I ban you due to losing an argument or an "agenda"?
Do I wield the power of a moderator to ban people on a whim, if so, who have I banned that way?
Were you given an explanation for the ban when asked for one?
Did I pressure someone into banning you?
Did Wirestone have anything to do with the decision to ban you?
Was it a 7 day time out or a full ban?

Answer them, Mikie, in other words sh*t or get off the pot.

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 21, 2015, 11:35:13 PM »

Yeah, Mike is a controversial figure and to suggest otherwise is crazy.
Who suggested that Mike is not controversial? No one. We can discuss Mike without being nasty to him or to each other.

Thank you! The voice of sanity.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: May 21, 2015, 11:45:31 PM »

Let me make this very clear....nobody, and I mean NOBODY, pressures me to do anything. I'm more than capable of thinking for myself, thank you very much.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 21, 2015, 11:56:34 PM »

OK.

Reason?

You're lying, plain and simple. What you posted above is/was the tip of the iceberg. What you posted about me was a lie, as mentioned. I didn't ban you, the moderators did in agreement after discussing it. No one was pressured as you said. You weren't banned because I lost an argument, or because I "pressured" anyone, and you know damn well that's the case because it was explained to you after you asked why.

By the way, who was it that banned you Mikie?

And prove this bullshit about me "pressuring" someone or else get off the pot. I "actually" didn't pressure anyone into doing or saying anything no matter how much you want to lie about it or delude yourself into thinking that it's true.

Just prove your claims, show they weren't lies.

Did I ban you?
Did I ban you due to losing an argument or an "agenda"?
Do I wield the power of a moderator to ban people on a whim, if so, who have I banned that way?
Were you given an explanation for the ban when asked for one?
Did I pressure someone into banning you?
Did Wirestone have anything to do with the decision to ban you?
Was it a 7 day time out or a full ban?

Answer them, Mikie, in other words sh*t or get off the pot.

As my name as been mentioned I'd like to add that I recieved no warning or PM off any sort before my timeout. I'm not sure if people usually do or not. I am baffled as to why I was given 7 days for what may be one of the mildest jabs to another poster in the history of this board ( and only posted it after about a week of said posters snarky remarks in general for anyone who didn't gush 100% over Brian's new album). I certainly was not in cahoots with Mikie to make this person feel unwelcome on the board. Anyway it's done now and flinging mud over it is only going to put further strain on board member relationships.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: May 22, 2015, 03:07:49 AM »

I have a question for the Moderators, if people got a 7 day time out for accusing someone of being a cheerleader, what is the consequence for falsely calling another poster "fellator" multiple times and as recently as yesterday (see post #156 in this thread)?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 03:11:53 AM by Cam Mott » Logged

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 22, 2015, 03:34:59 AM »

I have a question for the Moderators, if people got a 7 day time out for accusing someone of being a cheerleader, what is the consequence for falsely calling another poster "fellator" multiple times and as recently as yesterday (see post #156 in this thread)?

How do you know it's falsely?

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
wilsonart1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 22, 2015, 04:32:20 AM »

We need a certain film to be released soon, should change the tone of things.  PP has only been out a few weeks (can you say PP?)  Good title for a Love album.  Sorry didn't mean to cross that bridge.  I'm standing here beside myself!   Wilson concert is on LifeTime channel on Sunday evening.  Let's all warm up the tube (Oh Ya! no tubes any longer)  Let's all give it a nice view .  Class Dismissed!
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 22, 2015, 05:58:18 AM »

Wouldn't this apply anyway?

"If we want to talk about bullying, people being made to feel like they've been attacked personally especially in repeat situations, if it was asked that it stop and those requests not respected, then it's time to step in. Maybe this isn't in line with what everyone might agree with, or what has happened in the past, but it's what is happening now. This personal sniping taken beyond a certain point, to where board members feel like they've been singled out and attacked, has to end. It's not welcome, it won't be welcome, and it will be dealt with."

Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 22, 2015, 06:09:54 AM »

A certain poster used the term "homophobic" to describe me when I used the term "Brian-fellating" to describe certain fans. But there's no double standard there at all, guys.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 22, 2015, 06:26:02 AM »

"If we want to talk about bullying, people being made to feel like they've been attacked personally especially in repeat situations, if it was asked that it stop and those requests not respected, then it's time to step in. Maybe this isn't in line with what everyone might agree with, or what has happened in the past, but it's what is happening now. This personal sniping taken beyond a certain point, to where board members feel like they've been singled out and attacked, has to end. It's not welcome, it won't be welcome, and it will be dealt with."

I'm sure the infamous Fellator-gate scandal of 2015 will be dealt with soon enough. Hopefully there's a deep-throat character on SS who can expose this great atrocity once and for all.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: May 22, 2015, 07:56:09 AM »

Boy this thread just gets crazier and crazier...

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
jamesellaby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 22, 2015, 08:09:25 AM »

It's like watching a foreign-language soap opera where everyone is shouting at each other but you've no idea what they're talking about. But you're still gripped...  3D
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 22, 2015, 08:11:54 AM »

I'm sure the infamous Fellator-gate scandal of 2015 will be dealt with soon enough. Hopefully there's a deep-throat character on SS who can expose this great atrocity once and for all.

I don't think fellatio should necessarily be thought of in a bad way. People shouldn't take offense to the word, as it implies a wonderful experience where one person selflessly helps another person out, regardless of sexual preference. And selflessly helping out another isn't always a bad thing. It sucks to go down the route where people get offended by it; What Ever Happened (track 3 on No Pier Pressure) to swallowing one's pride?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 08:14:54 AM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 22, 2015, 08:25:21 AM »

What about the lying and making another member "feel like they've been singled out and attacked" and the stated practice of the Mods being violated and the offender apparently being in defiance of the Mods? Don't you imagine they at the very least owe an apology or a time out for that?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 08:26:26 AM by Cam Mott » Logged

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx