gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 04:36:58 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If Mike wasn't in the band...  (Read 60794 times)
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: May 21, 2015, 07:26:01 PM »

Like what, Guitarfool? Tell me just ONE lie that I've told on the board. NO PM, put it right here for everybody to see it. And I'll respond accordingly. Is it about you banning me after you and two others didn't agree with my opinion? And let me know how I supposedly "piled on" by agreeing with someone else's opinion.

Tell me where I lied ANYWHERE on the board and I'll address it with the absolute truth, Guitarfool. Promise!

All of this is a lie:

Careful, Dirk. He'll ban you with the flick of a switch. When he starts wielding his power, time to take the hint and save it for a rainy day.

Your friend,

Mikie

No PM's, no warnings, no nuthin'. You never see it coming. Just wake up the next morning and surprise! The ban hammer has been lowered for a week!

Preferential treatment is the order of the day. If he doesn't agree with what you're saying even after he's been driving his point home forever and a day, you're gone!  

All of it, completely false and what is even worse is that you know it's false but want to take a shot at me so everyone can read it. That's low.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: May 21, 2015, 07:30:20 PM »

It's why these debates always prove to be fruitless Cent Dep.  And why they continue.  Nothing is ever resolved.  It's just the same old steaming pile of fly attractant...and people wearing hip-waders...every freakin' time.

By the way...40 plus years ago when those making fun of gays voices were being used...I loathed and hated the sound of it.  I wasn't into gay rights or figuring that all people were created equal or any of that new age tolerance stuff.  I just thought it was disrespectful to EVERYBODY.  It thought it reflected entirely negatively on NO ONE but the guy doing it.

Like I said. . . he figured out that he had to tone that sh*t down.  Thankfully.  More figuring still required.

---------------------------------------

And ultimately 2 people I respect a TON...GF and Mikie come to blows...BECAUSE of the never-ending Mike Love's a dink show.  Mikie...remember what you told me.  It's happening for what?  No valid reason.  Cool.  Just cool.  GuitarFool.  Easy.  This won't work out well for the board.  It's amazing the things which grow out of SOMEBODY ELSE'S bullshit.  Doc and Mikie aren't the problem
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 07:36:50 PM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: May 21, 2015, 07:30:45 PM »

I honestly believe that Mike Love would not be very attractive in drag. Of course it would give him the opportunity to wear a wig while performing which might be worth the ticket price.

EDITED: Sorry, Dirk. Did not mean to offend you.

Since the offending quote got changed, this brings up a serious, actual question about offensiveness (which I've privately wondered before, but never posted about): am I, or are others allowed to feel offended by instances when Mike talks in a way mimicking a woman's (or possibly a caricature of a homosexual man's) voice? I've heard brief bits and pieces of that kind of talk on session tapes (boots as well as officially released material) and I have found that it could be considered somewhat offensive, even through the lens of history and such voices being thought of as less offensive back then. Maybe other BB members did so as well, I just haven't come across any such instances (and if I did, I'd think it was just as icky for any other member to have done so, I might add). I guess it's a rhetorical question: I know I'm "allowed" to get offended. I'm *relatively* less offended because the tapes are from 50 years ago, but it still bugs me somewhat.

As an effeminate man questioning his gender identity [seriously] that kinda thing offends me. But this is what I meant by PC culture. Who's to decide what's "offensive" and what isnt? I know we have plenty of older gentlemen here who couldnt care less about femininity being equated to weakness or gay being used as a derogatory term because thats the culture they grew up with. Not that that makes it ok exactly, but if we have to all have a collective time out every time someone's feelings get hurt where would we be? This is all rhetorical as well. IDK the right answer, and obviously we all shouldnt be assholes or crude either...

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: May 21, 2015, 07:32:58 PM »

Billy, you are a great guy. I may not be on my best behavior, but thanks for always keeping the peace here! Being a mod with Guitarfool and Smileholland has kept this board great.

100% agreed. I havent talked much with SMiLEHolland, but Billy and the fool are great people who've made me feel more welcomed than almost anyone else here. Keep it up, guys. Some of us do appreciate it.

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
[
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 21, 2015, 07:35:29 PM »

Again, we who are offended by the post are members here too. I want you or some other Mod to do something about the post. This is why there are Moderators on forums. Please moderate the situation. Please moderate.

Perhaps you missed my post where I said I messaged RTS about his post. I'll assume you did, and if that's the case, then this doesn't apply to you.

I'm done being nice about this. I'm expected to be on here 24/7 , because if I'm not, sh*t storms like this develop. And not matter what I do, all I hear is this pissing and moaning 'the mods, the mods, wah wah wah'.  Well, you know what? If that's how it's gonna be, and have an issue with how I do things, or if you're only on the board to start sh*t,  then get the f*** off the board. Just leave. You won't be missed. For the record, two of my closest friends (on OR offline) are on supposed 'opposite' ends of the BW/ML spectrum. You know what? That's ok. We're all different, and not all of us are going to like the same sh*t or feel the same way about the band. What I do have a problem with is all the little sh*t stirrers here. I'm not going to call out any names; you know who you are. I've had it up to here with it. I've been on boards where the slightest transgression has led to a life time ban, even if it is something as minor as having a difference of opinion with a mod. You think THIS is bad? Well, I suggest untwisting your panties, because I got news for you...this ain't nothing. My God, if I was half as bad as I've been accused of (directly or indirectly), half this board would have been banned a long time ago. But, if that's what you want, well, fine...just be careful what you wish for.
Billy, I have never had an issue with you. You do a great job as far as I am concerned. I read your post, but I was replying to gf2k. Not sure whether he read your post. I just found it odd that gf2k addressed sheriff's post first instead of the one that started the storm. Again, I thank RTS for moderating his own post. I admit it, I'm 57 years old and don't always agree with what goes as humor these days. I was brought up old school, is all I can say.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 21, 2015, 07:35:44 PM »

It's why these debates always prove to be fruitless Cent Dep.  And why they continue.  Nothing is ever resolved.  It's just the same old steaming pile of fly attractant...and people wearing hip-waders...evt freakin' time.

By the way...40 plus years ago when those making fun of gays voices were being used...I loathed and hated the sound of it.  I wasn't into gay rights or figuring that all people were created equal or any of that new age tolerance stuff.  I just thought it was disrespectful to EVERYBODY.  It thought it reflected entirely negatively on NO ONE but the guy doing it.

Like I said. . . he figured out that he had to tone that sh*t down.  Thankfully.  More figuring still required.

Well, at least when some people suddenly stop replying to a question (as soon as a point has been proven), that in and of itself makes a statement too. So, not quite fruitless. And your last line, which I bolded, is pretty much 110% on point.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 07:42:25 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 21, 2015, 07:39:15 PM »

I honestly believe that Mike Love would not be very attractive in drag. Of course it would give him the opportunity to wear a wig while performing which might be worth the ticket price.

Since the offending quote got changed, this brings up a serious, actual question about offensiveness (which I've privately wondered before, but never posted about): am I, or are others allowed to feel offended by instances when Mike talks in a way mimicking a woman's (or possibly a caricature of a homosexual man's) voice? I've heard brief bits and pieces of that kind of talk on session tapes (boots as well as officially released material) and I have found that it could be considered somewhat offensive, even through the lens of history and such voices being thought of as less offensive back then. Maybe other BB members did so as well, I just haven't come across any such instances (and if I did, I'd think it was just as icky for any other member to have done so, I might add). I guess it's a rhetorical question: I know I'm "allowed" to get offended. I'm *relatively* less offended because the tapes are from 50 years ago, but it still bugs me somewhat.

As an effeminate man questioning his gender identity [seriously] that kinda thing offends me. But this is what I meant by PC culture. Who's to decide what's "offensive" and what isnt? I know we have plenty of older gentlemen here who couldnt care less about femininity being equated to weakness or gay being used as a derogatory term because thats the culture they grew up with. Not that that makes it ok exactly, but if we have to all have a collective time out every time someone's feelings get hurt where would we be? This is all rhetorical as well. IDK the right answer, and obviously we all shouldnt be assholes or crude either...

True. And while I can (and regularly do, when enjoying pop culture media from yesteryear) readjust my goggles to make sure I am viewing the world through the eyes of the relatively prehistoric times, I would hate to think that there was any homophobia lurking beneath the surface, because that kind of stuff pisses me off to the nth degree.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 07:45:30 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 21, 2015, 07:40:19 PM »

Billy, I have never had an issue with you. You do a great job as far as I am concerned. I read your post, but I was replying to gf2k.

Same here.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: May 21, 2015, 07:42:05 PM »

Again, we who are offended by the post are members here too. I want you or some other Mod to do something about the post. This is why there are Moderators on forums. Please moderate the situation. Please moderate.

Perhaps you missed my post where I said I messaged RTS about his post. I'll assume you did, and if that's the case, then this doesn't apply to you.

I'm done being nice about this. I'm expected to be on here 24/7 , because if I'm not, sh*t storms like this develop. And not matter what I do, all I hear is this pissing and moaning 'the mods, the mods, wah wah wah'.  Well, you know what? If that's how it's gonna be, and have an issue with how I do things, or if you're only on the board to start sh*t,  then get the f*** off the board. Just leave. You won't be missed. For the record, two of my closest friends (on OR offline) are on supposed 'opposite' ends of the BW/ML spectrum. You know what? That's ok. We're all different, and not all of us are going to like the same sh*t or feel the same way about the band. What I do have a problem with is all the little sh*t stirrers here. I'm not going to call out any names; you know who you are. I've had it up to here with it. I've been on boards where the slightest transgression has led to a life time ban, even if it is something as minor as having a difference of opinion with a mod. You think THIS is bad? Well, I suggest untwisting your panties, because I got news for you...this ain't nothing. My God, if I was half as bad as I've been accused of (directly or indirectly), half this board would have been banned a long time ago. But, if that's what you want, well, fine...just be careful what you wish for.
Billy, I have never had an issue with you. You do a great job as far as I am concerned. I read your post, but I was replying to gf2k. Not sure whether he read your post. I just found it odd that gf2k addressed sheriff's post first instead of the one that started the storm. Again, I thank RTS for moderating his own post. I admit it, I'm 57 years old and don't always agree with what goes as humor these days. I was brought up old school, is all I can say.

I figured it wasn't directed towards me, which is why I made sure I stated it wasn't directed to you. As soon as I saw the post, I handled it via PM. I prefer not to call out things publicly but rather via PM. I don't like putting people on the spot. That's just how I am.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: May 21, 2015, 07:43:05 PM »

True. And while I can (and regularly do, when enjoying pop culture media from yesteryear) readjust my goggles to make sure I am viewing the world through the eyes of the relatively prehistoric times, I would hate to think that there was any homophobia lurking beneath the surface, because that kind of stuff pisses me off to the nth degree.

Dont want to accuse Mike of anything, but Id guess probably not homophobia so much as sexism. Who know, who cares, who can really say. In any case, attitudes towards gender and sexuality are progressing which is a good thing. I only bring it up to illustrate that all of us here have different lives, attitudes and moral codes. It's impractical to demand a post be removed for offending someone, unless the intent of the post was clearly malicious and personal. All in all though...just dont be a jerk. Good rule of thumb

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE

[
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: May 21, 2015, 07:50:36 PM »

True. And while I can (and regularly do, when enjoying pop culture media from yesteryear) readjust my goggles to make sure I am viewing the world through the eyes of the relatively culturally prehistoric times, I would hate to think that there was any actual homophobia lurking beneath the surface regardless of decade adjustment, because that kind of stuff deeply pisses me off to the nth degree.

I'm with you. I was watching cartoons with my daughter the other day (Tom and Jerry, to be exact), and there was an offensive racial stereotype or two in there, and I had to have a talk with her I was hoping to avoid for a few years. One thing's for sure...when people talk about the 'good old days', a lot of times I have to ask myself 'good for WHOM?'

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: May 21, 2015, 07:54:31 PM »

And ultimately 2 people I respect a TON...GF and Mikie come to blows...BECAUSE of the never-ending Mike Love's a dink show.  Mikie...remember what you told me.  It's happening for what?  No valid reason.  Cool.  Just cool.  GuitarFool.  Easy.  This won't work out well for the board.  It's amazing the things which grow out of SOMEBODY ELSE'S bullshit.  Doc and Mikie aren't the problem

It has nothing to do with this topic when I'm accused by Mikie of banning people at the flick of a switch, accused of wielding power and using it on a whim, and worse of all, accused of using my opinions in winning or losing a debate with board members as the basis of a member being banned.

That last one is as absurd as it is insulting. And above all, it is a lie.

So I'd suggest the street is one-way in this case, as the truth of what went down and why/how it went down is known by those involved.

And the way I'm being presented in the retelling of it is a complete lie.

The odd thing is that *no mention* of this was ever put up on the board. No names, no calling out, nothing at all. It was what we decided would be a "time out" resolution, of which at least 5 were given out around the same time.

No one else except you, Mikie, who got similar time outs that week made an issue of it publicly on the board. No one.

Now I'm being called out based on things that never happened, accused of things I never did, and having to read suggestions that I've banned people because I didn't agree with them in a discussion?

No, I don't accept that kind of thing from anyone. My reply:

Mikie, prove it.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 21, 2015, 07:57:07 PM »

Like what, Guitarfool? Tell me just ONE lie that I've told on the board. NO PM, put it right here for everybody to see it. And I'll respond accordingly. Is it about you banning me after you and two others didn't agree with my opinion? And let me know how I supposedly "piled on" by agreeing with someone else's opinion.

Tell me where I lied ANYWHERE on the board and I'll address it with the absolute truth, Guitarfool. Promise!

All of this is a lie:

Careful, Dirk. He'll ban you with the flick of a switch. When he starts wielding his power, time to take the hint and save it for a rainy day.

Your friend,

Mikie

No PM's, no warnings, no nuthin'. You never see it coming. Just wake up the next morning and surprise! The ban hammer has been lowered for a week!

Preferential treatment is the order of the day. If he doesn't agree with what you're saying even after he's been driving his point home forever and a day, you're gone!  

All of it, completely false and what is even worse is that you know it's false but want to take a shot at me so everyone can read it. That's low.

Nope. Not my intention at all. The absolute truth, like I said. It's black & white. No PM's, no warnings, no nothing. Complete surprise. Like I said, I don't lie, especially about something like that. I've never been known to slander people.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 21, 2015, 07:57:47 PM »

Being offended is a choice; one is ALLOWED to make the choice to be offended but one is not due special consideration just because. To most people, being told "I'm offended" is going to lead to little more than a "so what?" If you're* offended, congratulations. The world doesn't give a damn. I certainly don't.

*speaking in general, not to a specific person.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: May 21, 2015, 08:02:30 PM »

I have friends who make fun of Blacks.  I have very dear friends who are Black.  I make it known that I don't appreciate the humour...that the man who sang at my Dad's funeral is Black.  My eldest daughter is Jewish...because...her mother is Jewish.  Therefore I'm going to do what?  Laugh along with the ignorant?  Not today.  My current wife and I have several gay friends who used to come visit us each summer.  Now I've moved...we can only keep in touch via e-mail...'til Lucy moves down here too.  Then I'll get to enjoy their company again.

People are people.  We sure as f*** don't need someone/anyone demeaning anyone else with their ignorant disrespect while holding a microphone...in front of 10s of thousands of people...or subsequently recorded and on the record for millions to see and/or hear.  Refuse to be divided and conquered.  You never know otherwise...who's next.  We're all in this together...ultimately.  If 10% [or so] of the population is gay...we're willing to toss that segment of potential music and ticket sales onto the book burning fire?  I wonder how BRI would vote on that one.  No wait...Let me 'GUESS'

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
------------------------------------------------------

Guitarfoll...I realize that THIS thread didn't start the issue here.  BUT...the heat and passion of the shyte contained here-in sparked the other from back in the day.  Anyway...It seems that THIS subject matter centering around the controversial Michael Edward cannot and will not ever be resolved and were coming to blows over the passions fueled by a foolhardy venture into quicksand.  [again]
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 08:19:46 PM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 21, 2015, 08:05:37 PM »

I suggest we listen to friends and relax!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 21, 2015, 08:06:41 PM »

You have any hash joints left? I know you do.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: May 21, 2015, 08:08:09 PM »

All of this is a lie:

Your friend,

Mikie

Nope. Not my intention at all. The absolute truth, like I said. It's black & white. No PM's, no warnings, no nothing. Complete surprise. Like I said, I don't lie, especially about something like that. I've never been known to slander people.

It has nothing to do with this topic when I'm accused of banning people at the flick of a switch, accused of wielding power and using it on a whim, and worse of all, accused of using my opinions in winning or losing a debate with board members as the basis of a member being banned.

That last one is as absurd as it is insulting. And above all, it is a lie.

So I'd suggest the street is one-way in this case, as the truth of what went down and why/how it went down is known by those involved.

And the way I'm being presented in the retelling of it is a complete lie.

The odd thing is that *no mention* of this was ever put up on the board. No names, no calling out, nothing at all. It was what we decided would be a "time out" resolution, of which at least 5 were given out around the same time.

No one else except you, Mikie, who got similar time outs that week made an issue of it publicly on the board. No one.

Now I'm being called out based on things that never happened, accused of things I never did, and having to read suggestions that I've banned people because I didn't agree with them in a discussion?

No, I don't accept that kind of thing from anyone. My reply:

Mikie, prove it.

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 21, 2015, 08:08:13 PM »

Thanks for that, Lee, and thanks for the PM. I'll drop it for now and will deal with it behind the scenes later. I never responded to my unfair "timeout" before now, and I probably should have. My fault. I still stand by the simple advice I gave you earlier, and you obviously already know how to take the high road.  Smiley

Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: May 21, 2015, 08:08:23 PM »

Being offended is a choice; one is ALLOWED to make the choice to be offended but one is not due special consideration just because. To most people, being told "I'm offended" is going to lead to little more than a "so what?" If you're* offended, congratulations. The world doesn't give a damn. I certainly don't.

Agreed. All the same, we all ought to practice a little common decency.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE

[
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 21, 2015, 08:09:21 PM »

yeah, TM isn't working for me.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 21, 2015, 08:09:26 PM »

Agreed. All the same, we all ought to practice a little common decency.

A smidge would be nice...but the internet combined with an AK-QWERTY7 makes warriors out of us all. LOL

Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 21, 2015, 08:09:42 PM »

You're not levitating hard enough, dawg.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 21, 2015, 08:10:21 PM »

You're not levitating hard enough, dawg.
fly me to fosters freeze

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 21, 2015, 08:13:28 PM »

The thing is, if people respected each other, they would use a bit more restraint in what they post. Just a little common courtesy. I respect RTS for moderating his post. I think we are a community here and to be a community sometimes we act for that community instead of for ourselves only. You and I are personal friends and I know that with me you do give a damn, as I with you. Giving a damn can be a good thing every once in a while. Wink

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.