gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 05:17:48 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If Mike wasn't in the band...  (Read 60796 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: May 21, 2015, 06:47:08 PM »

I call bullshit. Do your job. Mike Love nor anyone else should have to read what was posted. I agree with what you said above, but it has nothing to do with RTS's post. We who are offended by the post should not have to defend our position. What he said cannot be argued reasonably. It would just be more sh*t throwing.

Careful, Dirk. He'll ban you with the flick of a switch. When he starts wielding his power, time to take the hint and save it for a rainy day.

Your friend,

Mikie

He's not the only mod here, and none of us do anything without discussing it with each other first.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: May 21, 2015, 06:48:31 PM »

I call bullshit. Do your job. Mike Love nor anyone else should have to read what was posted. I agree with what you said above, but it has nothing to do with RTS's post. We who are offended by the post should not have to defend our position. What he said cannot be argued reasonably. It would just be more sh*t throwing.

Careful, Dirk. He'll ban you with the flick of a switch. When he starts wielding his power, time to take the hint and save it for a rainy day.

Your friend,

Mikie

Prove it. Give everyone reading this an example of me banning someone on the flick of a switch or weilding this imaginary power as you're trying to suggest.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 21, 2015, 06:49:21 PM »

I don't understand, why are you addressing this post and not the one that started this series of posts in the first place?  

Something about those who live in glass houses, I can't recall the rest.

How about this: The board is whatever the membership chooses, whatever direction it takes is up to what the members post. It's an open forum.

Plenty gets said that cannot be argued reasonably. Plenty gets said that is an outright lie. Plenty gets said that comes from sources other than what is presented. Plenty gets done which doesn't make sense at all, by people who should know better. You know what? A lot goes on away from the public part of the board. Some really stupid sh*t. Some outright lies and stuff like that. That can of worms could be opened as well but the results might not be what some might think. Those complaining about double standards, consider that. Just saying.
Again, we who are offended by the post are members here too. I want you or some other Mod to do something about the post. This is why there are Moderators on forums. Please moderate the situation. Please moderate.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: May 21, 2015, 06:50:26 PM »

Someone explain what happened here, please. I mean, certain posters love to complain when Mike's own ill considered comments result in backlash and so-called "Mike negativity." Yet, here we are, all politely discussing Brian's movie, interviews, albums, tour and Mike's upcoming shows, and out of the blue we have a thread guaranteed to illicit "Mike negativity." And the "Brianistas" didn't start it.

What, did it get to civil around here?

This is what happened:

This thread has done exactly what it was posted to do. Stir up the sh*t.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 21, 2015, 06:51:50 PM »

Exactly and make BW fans look bad.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 21, 2015, 06:53:15 PM »

Someone explain what happened here, please. I mean, certain posters love to complain when Mike's own ill considered comments result in backlash and so-called "Mike negativity." Yet, here we are, all politely discussing Brian's movie, interviews, albums, tour and Mike's upcoming shows, and out of the blue we have a thread guaranteed to illicit "Mike negativity." And the "Brianistas" didn't start it.

What, did it get to civil around here?

This is what happened:

This thread has done exactly what it was posted to do. Stir up the sh*t.
I have to agree with you here. AGD, WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
rogerlancelot
« Reply #106 on: May 21, 2015, 06:53:57 PM »

I edited my original post:
http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,21625.msg518677.html#msg518677
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 21, 2015, 06:55:08 PM »

No need, I understand your humor my friend!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 21, 2015, 06:59:35 PM »

Your friend,

Mikie

He's not the only mod here, and none of us do anything without discussing it with each other first.

No PM's, no warnings, no nuthin'. You never see it coming. Just wake up the next morning and surprise! The ban hammer has been lowered for a week!

Preferential treatment is the order of the day. If he doesn't agree with what you're saying even after he's been driving his point home forever and a day, you're gone!  

I'm still hanging onto this one. I shouldn't, but I am.  Anything further on the subject, I'd be more than happy to take it to PM.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 21, 2015, 06:59:51 PM »

Exactly and make BW fans look bad.

If the point (which I'm not sure it was) was to imply that people are fixated to have a bug up their butts about some bandmate, that it has to be "someone" who takes the fall for some reason, well I think that has been disproven. People have specific issues for reasons specific to the person who is being complained about.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 21, 2015, 07:00:36 PM »

Thank you. Now, since you moderated your own post, hopefully the Mods will edit your post where it was quoted elsewhere.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 21, 2015, 07:01:24 PM »

Yeah, Mike is a controversial figure and to suggest otherwise is crazy.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 21, 2015, 07:02:53 PM »

Plus Guitarfool is not one to ban people out of the blue. He is a team player with Billy and Klaas.

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 21, 2015, 07:04:40 PM »

I totally understand it. I just don't find it humorous. I don't find shredding someone funny.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: May 21, 2015, 07:07:11 PM »

Your friend,

Mikie

No PM's, no warnings, no nuthin'. You never see it coming. Just wake up the next morning and surprise! The ban hammer has been lowered for a week!

Preferential treatment is the order of the day. If he doesn't agree with what you're saying even after he's been driving his point home forever and a day, you're gone!  

I'm still hanging onto this one. I shouldn't, but I am.  Anything further on the subject, I'd be more than happy to take it to PM.

Would you be more honest in a PM than the lies you just told everyone on the board?

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 21, 2015, 07:08:32 PM »

Yeah, Mike is a controversial figure and to suggest otherwise is crazy.
Who suggested that Mike is not controversial? No one. We can discuss Mike without being nasty to him or to each other.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 21, 2015, 07:08:41 PM »

Is anything being done about the member who is repeatedly and recently calling another member a "fellator"? Is that sort of thing OK on the board too?

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: May 21, 2015, 07:11:09 PM »

Again, we who are offended by the post are members here too. I want you or some other Mod to do something about the post. This is why there are Moderators on forums. Please moderate the situation. Please moderate.

Perhaps you missed my post where I said I messaged RTS about his post. I'll assume you did, and if that's the case, then this doesn't apply to you.

I'm done being nice about this. I'm expected to be on here 24/7 , because if I'm not, sh*t storms like this develop. And not matter what I do, all I hear is this pissing and moaning 'the mods, the mods, wah wah wah'.  Well, you know what? If that's how it's gonna be, and have an issue with how I do things, or if you're only on the board to start sh*t,  then get the f*** off the board. Just leave. You won't be missed. For the record, two of my closest friends (on OR offline) are on supposed 'opposite' ends of the BW/ML spectrum. You know what? That's ok. We're all different, and not all of us are going to like the same sh*t or feel the same way about the band. What I do have a problem with is all the little sh*t stirrers here. I'm not going to call out any names; you know who you are. I've had it up to here with it. I've been on boards where the slightest transgression has led to a life time ban, even if it is something as minor as having a difference of opinion with a mod. You think THIS is bad? Well, I suggest untwisting your panties, because I got news for you...this ain't nothing. My God, if I was half as bad as I've been accused of (directly or indirectly), half this board would have been banned a long time ago. But, if that's what you want, well, fine...just be careful what you wish for.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 21, 2015, 07:11:30 PM »

I honestly believe that Mike Love would not be very attractive in drag. Of course it would give him the opportunity to wear a wig while performing which might be worth the ticket price.

EDITED: Sorry, Dirk. Did not mean to offend you.

Since the offending quote got changed, this brings up a serious, actual question about offensiveness (which I've privately wondered before, but never posted about): am I, or are others allowed to feel offended by instances when Mike talks in a way mimicking a woman's (or possibly a caricature of a homosexual man's) voice? I've heard brief bits and pieces of that kind of talk on session tapes (boots as well as officially released material) and I have found that it could be considered somewhat offensive, even through the lens of history and such voices being thought of as less offensive back then. Maybe other BB members did so as well, I just haven't come across any such instances (and if I did, I'd think it was just as icky for any other member to have done so, I might add). I guess it's a rhetorical question: I know I'm "allowed" to get offended. I'm *relatively* less offended because the tapes are from 50 years ago, but it still bugs me somewhat.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 07:26:14 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 21, 2015, 07:12:51 PM »

Like what, Guitarfool? Tell me just ONE lie that I've told on the board. NO PM, put it right here for everybody to see it. And I'll respond accordingly. Is it about you banning me after you and two others didn't agree with my opinion? And let me know how I supposedly "piled on" by agreeing with someone else's opinion.

Tell me where I lied ANYWHERE on the board and I'll address it with the absolute truth, Guitarfool. Promise!

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 21, 2015, 07:14:11 PM »

Billy, you are a great guy. I may not be on my best behavior, but thanks for always keeping the peace here! Being a mod with Guitarfool and Smileholland has kept this board great.

CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 21, 2015, 07:17:21 PM »

Billy, you are a great guy. I may not be on my best behavior, but thanks for always keeping the peace here! Being a mod with Guitarfool and Smileholland has kept this board great.

I concur. All the mods are level-headed, good peeps.
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: May 21, 2015, 07:17:49 PM »

One thing for sure...NO ONE ever wins these debates.  And they're all alarmingly similar.  [and addictive]  It's like...OH!!!  Another car crash better slow down and take another look.  See if there's a leg up in the tree or a head rolling down the hill.  Maybe a spare finger which can be claimed as a souvenir.  We all assume our regular positions by the crash site and then away we all go again.  The Mods can probably set their watches to it.

There'll never be a camp-fire night here where will all sit around singing Kumbaya together.   Not even if Brian worked out the best arrangement for it EVER.  And as long as any member of the Beach Boys, current or recurrent, decides to once again fall down, roll around and cover himself in mud...we'll all gather round to run the bath.  Some will operate the hot water and some the cold.  Others will argue that the soap hurts the eyes.  Other will suggest that it serves the dirty boy right.  No one will get...let alone throw in...the towel.

But...the bottom line?...NONE of US got him dirty.  He just is.  Some of us simply refuse to get used to it.  It makes the halo look like it came from the dollar store.

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 21, 2015, 07:20:41 PM »

I'm done being nice about this. I'm expected to be on here 24/7 , because if I'm not, sh*t storms like this develop. And not matter what I do, all I hear is this pissing and moaning 'the mods, the mods, wah wah wah'.  Well, you know what? If that's how it's gonna be, and have an issue with how I do things, or if you're only on the board to start sh*t,  then get the f*** off the board. Just leave. You won't be missed. For the record, two of my closest friends (on OR offline) are on supposed 'opposite' ends of the BW/ML spectrum. You know what? That's ok. We're all different, and not all of us are going to like the same sh*t or feel the same way about the band. What I do have a problem with is all the little sh*t stirrers here. I'm not going to call out any names; you know who you are. I've had it up to here with it. I've been on boards where the slightest transgression has led to a life time ban, even if it is something as minor as having a difference of opinion with a mod. You think THIS is bad? Well, I suggest untwisting your panties, because I got news for you...this ain't nothing. My God, if I was half as bad as I've been accused of (directly or indirectly), half this board would have been banned a long time ago. But, if that's what you want, well, fine...just be careful what you wish for.

w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t!

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 21, 2015, 07:22:24 PM »

One thing for sure...NO ONE ever wins these debates.  And they're all alarmingly similar.  [and addictive]  It's like...OH!!!  Another car crash better slow down and take another look.  See if there's a leg up in the tree or a head rolling down the hill.  Maybe a spare finger which can be claimed as a souvenir.  We all assume our regular positions by the crash site and then away we all go again.  The Mods can probably set their watches to it.

There'll never be a camp-fire night here where will all sit around singing Kumbaya together.   Not even if Brian worked out the best arrangement for it EVER.  And as long as any member of the Beach Boys, current or recurrent, decides to once again fall down, roll around and cover himself in mud...we'll all gather round to run the bath.  Some will operate the hot water and some the cold.  Others will argue that the soap hurts the eyes.  Other will suggest that it serves the dirty boy right.  No one will get...let alone throw in...the towel.

But...the bottom line?...NONE of US got him dirty.  He just is.  Some of us simply refuse to get used to it.  It makes the halo look like it came from the dollar store.

2 things:

- I hope Mike decides to write a mashup of Kokomo and Kumbaya... maybe call it Kokomubaya!

- People who just suddenly stop posting in the middle of a back-and-forth conversation, or who suddenly refuse to answer a question directed at them are doing themselves (and the topic they defend, whether it be Mike or anything/anyone else) a great disservice. Mike's infamous term "chickensh*t" again comes to mind. If one has an ACTUAL point, suddenly refusing to address or actually answer some part of a question just proves you have nothing to back it up, but you are too afraid (or chickensh*t, if you will) to admit it.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 07:25:36 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx