gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:43:30 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If Mike wasn't in the band...  (Read 60803 times)
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2015, 01:43:19 PM »

I GET that Doc.  100%.  But that was a new segment/genre in the biz.  The Beach Boys didn't DO that kind of music nor could they justify that type of approach.  They weren't trying to image themselves in THAT camp.  AND...they were established with a list of hit songs and albums that would have been the envy of all those glam acts.

It just didn't work for the Beach Boys...at all...even once.  It was dorky...with a capital D.  I guess all we can be thankful for is that he didn't come out wearing a speedo stuffed with socks.
The fans filling the stadiums didn't disapprove. What he did was of the times and kind of expected. It was entertainment. I hear you, though. I didn't like those jumper suits that Carl wore, either. Not my taste in clothes, but then again those guys wore stage outfits. Now, if Mike wore that outfit offstage, then different story altogether. Wink

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2015, 01:56:29 PM »

Time to point out the double standard. Yesterday AGD mentioned that several sources witnessed Brian weeping uncontrollably on a swing while Dennis looked at him blank faced and said 'F uck you, we need that song (Surf's Up)'. Now imagine if he'd said Mike instead of Dennis - we'd have had at least two pages by now on how Mike is an evil, bullying c unt, instead we get nothing other than a very reaching excuse for Dennis' actions.
These are The Beach Boys for fecks sake, they are all just as good at doing/saying dumb stuff as each other. Mike's antics are certainly worthy of criticism from time to time, but to spend so much time and energy on hating the guy to me is just pointless.

Yes. And in another thread I referenced that anecdote and said I couldnt think of anything more frustrating and devastating, and that while I completely understand why they did it at the time, in hindsight using the SMiLE material for scrap was a bad move that cheapened the material and ruined the reveal. That coming from family, it must have made that insult even more personal and troubling. What's your point?

Ive also gone out of my way to say that Brian was a bad brother to Dennis in that he never listened to his solo album, when Im sure from Dennis' perspective, a little encouragement and constructive criticism from Brian probably wouldve meant the world. I've also said on many occasions that Brian letting Mike get cheated out of his song credits for decades was absolutely inexcusable on his part.

I criticize every Beach Boy for the things theyve done which deserve criticism. Just so happens Mike's done way more over the years to warrant criticism. That's on him, not me.

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2015, 01:58:03 PM »

What HE said...

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2015, 01:58:21 PM »

I honestly believe that Mike Love is a vicious asshole. I wish he hadn't ever been in the band. His singing (especially in the bass register) is the most out of tune of the members (bar Brian post 1975). Rieley should have booted his ass out of the band along with Bruce back in '71. Brainless jock idiots. Soul sucking jerks.

However, I will try to say a couple of nice things about Mike fucking asshat Love:

01) His put down on Mick Jagger was great. Anus to anus.

02) Um, that's actually all I can think of for now. The dude is a giant tumor. When he dies, there will be a long line of people waiting to piss on his grave.

Grin

P.S. Try googling the words "mike love asshole" and you will come across pages and pages about why he is such a disgrace:

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=mike+love+asshole

And then there is the chapter in the Stebbins FAQ book.

Perfect, Rog and removing the smiley would would hit home even better! Four solid whoots are in order.   w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t!

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2015, 02:01:31 PM »

Time to point out the double standard. Yesterday AGD mentioned that several sources witnessed Brian weeping uncontrollably on a swing while Dennis looked at him blank faced and said 'F uck you, we need that song (Surf's Up)'. Now imagine if he'd said Mike instead of Dennis - we'd have had at least two pages by now on how Mike is an evil, bullying c unt, instead we get nothing other than a very reaching excuse for Dennis' actions.
These are The Beach Boys for fecks sake, they are all just as good at doing/saying dumb stuff as each other. Mike's antics are certainly worthy of criticism from time to time, but to spend so much time and energy on hating the guy to me is just pointless.

Firstly, there was someone (me) who said that sounds like those actions were very harsh and likely going too far. Secondly, this sounds like it was a real exception with Dennis, and not any kind of recurring pattern. If it seemed like it was a recurring pattern, coupled with copious amounts of defensive speak from the perpetrator, I think more people would be having big-picture conversations about it.

So no, it's not a double standard. Sorry. The real double standard was pointed out 13 posts above your last post.

Whether it was commonplace behaviour or a one off kind of deal is somewhat besides the point. If it had been Mike standing over the swing that day his detractors would be very quick to hold it up as another example of why he is such an ass. As it goes against the perceived romantic notion of how many people view Dennis, it was quietly overlooked.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2015, 02:13:18 PM »

Firstly, there was someone (me) who said that sounds like those actions were very harsh and likely going too far. Secondly, this sounds like it was a real exception with Dennis, and not any kind of recurring pattern. If it seemed like it was a recurring pattern, coupled with copious amounts of defensive speak from the perpetrator, I think more people would be having big-picture conversations about it.

So no, it's not a double standard. Sorry. The real double standard was pointed out 13 posts above your last post.

Whether it was commonplace behaviour or a one off kind of deal is somewhat besides the point. If it had been Mike standing over the swing that day his detractors would be very quick to hold it up as another example of why he is such an ass. As it goes against the perceived romantic notion of how many people view Dennis, it was quietly overlooked.

Again... quantity of times that somebody seems to exhibit a behavior DOES matter. Decade-long patterns vs. what appears to be uncommon one-offs is not a negligible factor in why there is a discrepancy between how people view the two men. It's not besides the point.

Why do you think it is that there are so, so many stories from many, many different sources of people talking first-hand about what a generous, good (yet messed up), big-hearted person one of those guys was, vs. not nearly as many types of stories from all sorts of sources for the other person? There are reasons for this, and they are not just because of the differences two peoples' last names or their looks. It's not a competition, but there are LEGIT reasons why two people are judged and reacted to differently on a case-by-case basis; it's not just some purely hypocritical injustice as some would like to believe.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 02:18:37 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2015, 02:16:33 PM »

Yes. And in another thread I referenced that anecdote and said I couldnt think of anything more frustrating and devastating, and that while I completely understand why they did it at the time, in hindsight using the SMiLE material for scrap was a bad move that cheapened the material and ruined the reveal. That coming from family, it must have made that insult even more personal and troubling. What's your point?

Ive also gone out of my way to say that Brian was a bad brother to Dennis in that he never listened to his solo album, when Im sure from Dennis' perspective, a little encouragement and constructive criticism from Brian probably wouldve meant the world. I've also said on many occasions that Brian letting Mike get cheated out of his song credits for decades was absolutely inexcusable on his part.

I criticize every Beach Boy for the things theyve done which deserve criticism. Just so happens Mike's done way more over the years to warrant criticism. That's on him, not me.

There is a gulf as deep and wide as the Grand Canyon between those that legitmately criticise certain bandmember's actions and those that act as if Mike Love personally f ucked their wife or ran over their dog back in the day.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2015, 02:22:37 PM »

Why do you think it is that there are so, so many stories from many, many different sources of people talking first-hand about what a generous, good (yet messed up), big-hearted person one of those guys was, vs. not nearly as many types of stories from all sorts of sources for the other person? There are reasons for this, and they are not just because of the differences two peoples' last names or their looks. It's not a competition, but there are LEGIT reasons why two people are judged and reacted to differently on a case-by-case basis; it's not just some purely hypocritical injustice as some would like to believe.

I think it is in no small part because one of these guys is dead and the other isn't.

CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2015, 02:31:01 PM »

I think it is in no small part because one of these guys is dead and the other isn't.

I'm pretty sure the same wide gulf between those types of stories existed pre-12/28/83. 
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2015, 02:31:58 PM »

Consider this, there is much less defense of Mike than there is offense against Mike. (drops mic)

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2015, 02:37:43 PM »

Consider this, there is much less defense of Mike than there is offense against Mike. (drops mic)

So...what?

Consider THIS, the "offense" against Mike that I see tend to be pretty rational and fair. Im not doubting Mike's Beard that there's some who take it too far. But for the most part, it's just people saying "hey, he couldve been a bit more supportive of Brian considering his condition" or "hey, that RnR speech was pretty embarrassing for the band" or "hey, I dont understand why he broke up C50 in such an unceremonious way" meanwhile the "defense" of Mike primarily amounts to "WAH WHY ARE YOU GUYS SO MEAN?! YOU PRAISED BRIAN X TIMES SO YOU SHOULD HAVE TO PRAISE MIKE X TIMES TOO, MIKE OWES YOU NO APOLOGY LALALA I CANT HEAR YOU"

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2015, 02:54:49 PM »

By and large...not exclusively...but...by and large...people who buy Brian Wilson tickets do so in order to go and see [and hear] Brian and his 'cracker-jack' band perform songs specific to the latest SOLO [or TWGMTR] album AND to hear the classic hits and album tracks performed with nothing but heart-felt precision and an ear to detail.

I would suggest, alternately, that a predominant majority go to see [and hear] the 'Beach Boys' perform those great OLD tunes because it'll be fun to hear them and sing along with them.  Maybe take the kids and a beach ball and for a resonable price know that the FAMILY will be entertained.  An absolute MINORITY go to primarily see and hear Mike Love.  Not that there is ANYTHING wrong with that.  It's just the way it is.

2 distinct opportunities to enjoy vastly different 'stuff' with a common denominator.  [mainly...Brian's music and arrangements...and sometimes Mike's lyrics...but how many know that...or, casually speaking, care.]

Brian is Brian.  He's unique to the music world and is recognized as such.  He's a Beach Boy and quite a bit more.

Mike?  At best for most..."Mike Love is one of the Beach Boys... ... ...I think."

So?  Hasn't hurt him.  He doesn't live in an empty mattress box.  He drinks fine wine when he celebrates if a recent picture was any indication.  And while he REALLY DOESN'T have to wear a hat...I guess it's his version of Roy Orbison's sun glasses. [although NOWHERE near as cool]

Mike does quite a good job being one of the guys who performs some truly outstanding songs.  That's not a bad claim to fame.  AND...it's real.
After that?  Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Wink
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 02:58:11 PM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2015, 02:57:16 PM »

Addsome should be Mike's PR guy. Wink

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2015, 02:57:35 PM »

Yes, it is a double standard. Unfortunately, that is now the norm for this board, the double standard. Posters are allowed and do say anything they can think of to criticize Mike Love, but, Brian or Dennis Wilson, no, you must have an agenda if you say anything negative about them.

And this is even sadder. "Mike Love is a vicious asshole." "Brainless jock idiots." "Soul sucking jerks." "Anus to anus." The dude is a giant tumor."When he dies there will be a long line of people waiting to piss on his grave." And, we'll finish with this one - "Mike fucking asshat Love." Those quotes are one above poster's description of (mostly) Mike and Bruce. This is the new standard on this board. The moderators are now accepting this kind of...stuff. It is sad. Very sad.  
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 03:02:08 PM by Sheriff John Stone » Logged
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2015, 03:01:27 PM »

But with maybe 2 or 3 exceptions we all recognize that that stuff is wrong...and it's pretty much water off a duck's back.  Maybe people don't type that kind of drivel about any of the other Beach Boys because none of the other guys have encouraged that kind of response or reaction.  Ol' Keith Richards sure nailed his 'mate' Mick a few times in his book though didn't he?  Some people just INVITE that kind of BS.

CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2015, 03:05:43 PM »

Yes, it is a double standard. Unfortunately, that is now the norm for this board, the double standard. Posters are allowed and do say anything they can think of to criticize Mike Love, but, Brian or Dennis Wilson, no, you must have an agenda if you say anything negative about them.

And this is even sadder. "Mike Love is a vicious asshole." "Brainless jock idiots." "Soul sucking jerks." "Anus to anus." The dude is a giant tumor."When he dies there will be a long line of people waiting to piss on his grave." And, we'll finish with this one - "Mike fucking asshat Love." Those quotes are one poster's description of (mostly) Mike and Bruce. This is the new standard on this board. The moderators are now accepting this kind of...stuff. It is sad. Very sad.  

And you also had multiple people in a row, including myself (apparently who is "supposedly" equivalent of this board's most extremist blind defender), critically saying that the post you refer to was a wrong and inappropriate post.

Again - I point out... why aren't people crying out about the double standard where Kokomaoists refuse to, on their own volition, go out of their way to point out the outright absurdity and "going too far"-ness of extreme Mike defense, when it happens on this board? There will only be vague notions of "yeah, sometimes Mike defense goes too far" (and only when Kokomaoists are pressed/cornered into saying such), instead of any direct pointing out of such postings (by Kokomaoists) when they occur.

Why, Sheriff? Why?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 03:16:11 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2015, 03:07:17 PM »

Maybe people don't type that kind of drivel about any of the other Beach Boys because none of the other guys have encouraged that kind of response or reaction. 

You must've read a different dozen books about Brian/Dennis/The Beach Boys over the last 40 years than I did. There's plenty of material to criticize Brian and Dennis in many, many areas. But, believe me, you don't wanna go there. You really don't wanna go there.
wilsonart1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2015, 03:15:24 PM »

mike  would have a ham sandwich in a synagogue on Yom Kippur
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2015, 03:16:06 PM »

Ya...except that Brian and Dennis were sick...drug addicts with alcohol issues.  One died.  The other kicked it and somehow mirculously was properly diagnosed in terms of the REAL problem and then subsequently was given the proper prescription.  How does that correlate to a guy who continues to proudly walk the brave land with both his feet in his self propelled yap?

As an entertainer [not formerly as a front man imo] Mike is quite good.  He wrote some nifty tunes.  He helped shape an image of summertime and Cali4-nye-eh.  He deserves recognition and credit.  [which he's received as he IS in the R'n' R Hall of Fame for goodness sake.]  He's also made a couple of bucks along the way and is still gainfully employed and will be for as long as he can pull it off]  He just REALLY needs to stop talking.  He has no clue what to say.  He never has.  It's why I keep saying he NEEDS a PR company to give him some badly needed guidance.

To toss Dennis and Brian under the exhaust of the Mike Love bus is just wrong.  The issues are entirely different.  Opposites actulally.  MIKE should be able to help himself.  He chooses not to.

Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 21, 2015, 03:34:19 PM »

Ya...except that Brian and Dennis were sick...drug addicts with alcohol issues.  One died.  The other kicked it and somehow mirculously was properly diagnosed in terms of the REAL problem and then subsequently was given the proper prescription.  How does that correlate to a guy who continues to proudly walk the brave land with both his feet in his self propelled yap?

To toss Dennis and Brian under the exhaust of the Mike Love bus is just wrong.  The issues are entirely different.  Opposites actulally.  MIKE should be able to help himself.  He chooses not to.

NOW WE'RE GETTING SOMEWHERE! I'm serious, Add Some. Your post should be framed or put in the Smiley Smile Message Board bylaws or posted as everybody's signature. Brian and Dennis Wilson are treated/handled/dealt with/posted about on this board under DIFFERENT STANDARDS than others because of their...problems. You just said it. And, you're right, that's how it is. So, there it is. Mike and Bruce and Al DON'T have all those problems so it's fair game and acceptable to criticize the sh*t out of them because they should be able to help themselves. But, Brian and Dennis can't help themselves so, different standards, or...double standards apply.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2015, 03:40:43 PM »

Ya...except that Brian and Dennis were sick...drug addicts with alcohol issues.  One died.  The other kicked it and somehow mirculously was properly diagnosed in terms of the REAL problem and then subsequently was given the proper prescription.  How does that correlate to a guy who continues to proudly walk the brave land with both his feet in his self propelled yap?

To toss Dennis and Brian under the exhaust of the Mike Love bus is just wrong.  The issues are entirely different.  Opposites actulally.  MIKE should be able to help himself.  He chooses not to.

NOW WE'RE GETTING SOMEWHERE! I'm serious, Add Some. Your post should be framed or put in the Smiley Smile Message Board bylaws or posted as everybody's signature. Brian and Dennis Wilson are treated/handled/dealt with/posted about on this board under DIFFERENT STANDARDS than others because of their...problems. You just said it. And, you're right, that's how it is. So, there it is. Mike and Bruce and Al DON'T have all those problems so it's fair game and acceptable to criticize the sh*t out of them because they should be able to help themselves. But, Brian and Dennis can't help themselves so, different standards, or...double standards apply.

People with medically quantifiable mental issues are also treated differently in many court cases, with good reason. I have a family member who suffers from autism, and he sadly lashes out with violence sometimes. Should I think of his actions as equivalent to someone without his condition?

And while you're at it, if you want to, perhaps you could kindly address my question about double standards which I posed to you a couple posts back.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 03:48:08 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: May 21, 2015, 03:58:22 PM »

No...pretty sure that's not the point I made...although Sheriff John Stone that may be what you carried away from the wreckage.  Brian DID help himself.  Dennis didn't make it.  As an ex smoker with COPD I can say that Carl didn't do himself any favours either.  Nicotine is one of the most addictive things one can put into their bodies.  So?  He died too.  Me?  I just sit and wait.  The Grim Reaper can kiss my arse.

I don't see many folks here going after Al or Bruce [or David...or Blondie...or Ricky...or Glen]  What the heck makes you guys who carry Mike around on your shoulders like he's some kind of victim not ever pause to see that he brings the shitstorm down on himself?  Look here 'Sheriff'...I'm the Marshall around here and any western I ever watched showed that the Marshal always overrode the Sheriff.

Mike needs PR help.  He has since the era when Jesus was playing with wood chips. Wink
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 04:00:48 PM by Add Some » Logged

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 21, 2015, 04:01:24 PM »

... I'm wondering who the usual suspects would hate instead. Nominations ?

Another thread, somewhat confrontational in topic, degrades in to the usual farce....

AGD thinks 'My job here is done.' Grin
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2015, 04:07:32 PM »

Ya...except that Brian and Dennis were sick...drug addicts with alcohol issues.  One died.  The other kicked it and somehow mirculously was properly diagnosed in terms of the REAL problem and then subsequently was given the proper prescription.  How does that correlate to a guy who continues to proudly walk the brave land with both his feet in his self propelled yap?

To toss Dennis and Brian under the exhaust of the Mike Love bus is just wrong.  The issues are entirely different.  Opposites actulally.  MIKE should be able to help himself.  He chooses not to.

People with medically quantifiable mental issues are also treated differently in many court cases, with good reason. I have a family member who suffers from autism, and he sadly lashes out with violence sometimes. Should I think of his actions as equivalent to someone without his condition?

And while you're at it, if you want to, perhaps you could kindly address my question about double standards which I posed to you a couple posts back.

I work with individuals with disabilities every day so I am more than aware of the treatment that is necessary. But that's only half the point or half the issue. The other half is the double standard. Just because the "other" person doesn't have a disability, does that make it OK to disparage them, attack their character, call them vile names? Just because they don't have a disability? I don't think so, but that appears to be the standard on this board. I mean, these posts are being accepted.

And, with all due respect, I'll respond to questions or posts that I choose to. If I don't have anything to offer or say in relation to your question(s), well, I'm not gonna come up with some...response, just to appease you.
wilsonart1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2015, 04:13:34 PM »

Mike is just easy to make fun of.. really the Patron Saint of Peanuts!
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx