gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680746 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 10:06:05 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Beach Boys "In Concert" LP 1972-73  (Read 2206 times)
mikee
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 23, 2006, 01:25:11 AM »

The only recording location information contained in the album is that it was recorded on the Winter 1972 tour by the Record Plant NY and on the Summer 1973 tour by Brother Records L.A. 
Does anyone know the location and dates for each track included on the album.  Did Brother actually have a good mobile recording system at that time? 
Presumably multiple complete shows were recorded.  Does anyone know which ones specifically?  Having attended a 1973 show (in Phoenix, Az.),  I can attest that they sounded excellent (even without sweetening) and that the show also flowed well.  So I am wondering why haven't complete shows been released? (or at the very least more tracks - perhaps an expanded edition of this great live document).           
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 04:10:18 AM »

You should chech out Eric's site: http://members.tripod.com/~fun_fun_fun/setlists.html  and also the Badman-book (though you have to be careful with that). There's even a show recorded professionaly, where they play "River song". Hope rises for the new BBs-site

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
mikee
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 11:02:11 AM »

I have seen it and it is nice (though the pop up ads are brutal).  It contains nothing that I have seen, however, to answer these questions.   
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 04:10:39 PM »

I'm sorry, I had in mind that he also listed the recorded shows.
This one was recorded: http://members.tripod.com/~fun_fun_fun/8-24-73.html

Badman's book lists very much. There's eevn one recorded where brian and bruce were present (though not for the whole show)

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx