gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680784 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 01:01:04 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 'It Is Us' + 'Trace Of Genius' Bitorrent ** NOW ONLINE **  (Read 8519 times)
Ken.W
Honored Guest

View Profile WWW
« on: June 21, 2006, 02:00:40 PM »

Here's a direct hit if you're a Demonoid member ..

http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/377904/

.. and if you're not, hit the link below .. and save to your desktop ..

http://addsomemusic.homestead.com/files/_Trace_Of_Genius_____It_Is_Us_.torrent

All songs are in Flac format and all images have been scanned at 300dpi.

Many thanks to Bob Phillips for bringing Vol.2 together ( .. roll on Vol.3, eh, Bob?) and to all the partcipants involved.

ENJOY!!!!

Ken.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 02:16:15 PM by Ken.W » Logged

"You're entitled to protect your copyright. You're not entitled to control the Internet," - Federal Court Justice Murray Wilcox
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 08:51:05 AM »

Thank you, guys...Hey, can somebody else hop onto this bit torrent and download, so maybe this thing can go a little faster? I have 20 hrs left to go, and it looks like I'm the only one on it....

"Anytime I want to hear the Beach Boys, I put on a Brian Wilson CD"-Paul McClelland
Ken.W
Honored Guest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 09:41:50 AM »

At the moment, there's 1 Seeder ( .. me) and 7 Leechers ( .. ranging from 89.7% to 3.1% in completion).

As more hop aboard and continue sharing .. it should get faster.

The most annoying thing that happens to quite a few torrents once completed is the non-continual seeding.

Once the leecher gets to seeder status ( .. 100% completed) .. they're usually gone in half an hour.

Maddening, but there you go.

I'll seed this 24/7 and hope some more likeminded souls will do the same when they've completed  Cool

"You're entitled to protect your copyright. You're not entitled to control the Internet," - Federal Court Justice Murray Wilcox
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 10:02:32 AM »

It's been taking me since yesterday afternoon and the time download keeps jumping around. Right now it's at 7 hours, but like I said, it keeps jumping around.

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 10:49:50 AM »

Please let me know when the mp3 versions would be available...

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 10:55:28 AM »

yeah, why isn't this just uploaded as .mp3's and uploaded to yousendit.com or something? that would be so much simpler. now my download is at 21 hours

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 11:49:27 AM »

Because the Wav. file offers you the master quality, but sonic quality seems to be taking a back seat in this world of mp3 ipod sneakers and top ten cell phone ring tones. I'll take the lossless quality, but you must be patient, grasshopper..(and help out with the download so this thing can move faster) I love how torrent files are transferred though...it's ingenious.....

"Anytime I want to hear the Beach Boys, I put on a Brian Wilson CD"-Paul McClelland
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2006, 11:54:34 AM »

Oh, and don't forget, as a rule, when your download is completed, don't close it down and run off with it, but keep it open so others can upload from yours. It's the secret of efficient transfer....Thanks

Ken.W
Honored Guest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2006, 12:09:35 PM »

Please let me know when the mp3 versions would be available...

I won't be making mp3 versions available. Maybe someone else would like to take the time and sort that out.

Ken.W
Honored Guest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2006, 12:13:38 PM »

yeah, why isn't this just uploaded as .mp3's and uploaded to yousendit.com or something?

Because as I was the only one to offer to help Bob out, I chose to make the files available in a Hi Rez format.

that would be so much simpler. now my download is at 21 hours

Have a bit of patience. It will get quicker if everyone keeps seeding. If someone chose to use yousendit.com, they'd have to keep upping the files at least a couple of times a week, as there's only a limited amount of downloads that yousendit provide per link.

Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2006, 12:14:33 PM »

(never mind) on what I just typed
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 12:17:02 PM by Old_Master_Painter » Logged

Ken.W
Honored Guest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2006, 12:23:53 PM »

couldn't you just .zip the WAV and or .flac files and upload them to something rather then a torrent file?

.. you're talking about zipping up a 523.20mb file here. Using Bittorrent is the most efficient way of getting a file that big out to the people who want it. Do you know anyone out there who's webserver has space that big to hold it? It all costs bucks, my friend.

I've never liked torrents myself because they take way too long to download with torrents having to be seeded and such.

.. that's the Karma .. give back just as much as you take.

I'm back at 20 hours now and at 65 percent of it is downloaded (within two days). more people need to get on this thing to make it go faster for everyone because I'm sure mine isn't the only one going this slow.

I agree. People need to keep seeding to make this work for everybody. But (quite) soon .. you'll have 2 discs worth of quality music that sounds exactly like the master disc it came from. And it cost you? .. zilch .. just a little bit of patience.

tonysurf
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2006, 04:24:09 PM »

Thanks Ken W, I will leave mine open, though my laptop is old and slow, hopefully it will help. thanks for the effort.
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2006, 06:25:43 PM »

alrighty, finally finished! listening to it now. I'm leaving mine open for others as well. I'm going to have to restart my computer because it's lagging a bit from being on for two days straight, but I'll have the file open when my computer is restarted.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2006, 10:49:11 PM »

I can't run torrents on my computer... I tried before and I ended up having to reinstall Windows 98. My computer cannot handle XP...  Undecided

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
wonderphil
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2006, 02:41:28 PM »

Thanks to Ken for his FLACtivities...

And to all the current and future seeders...

I appreciate the efforts to keep this
project from being sonically compromised...

I know, some MP3s aren't bad, but our
music sounds even better as .wavs... Cool

Regarding Volume 3 submissions: start
working on them now to avoid deadlinitis...

Let's shoot informally for around Sept-Oct...

Bob Phillips
20to20soundesign
Ken.W
Honored Guest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2006, 12:12:45 PM »

No probs, Bob .. and thankyou for putting the whole darn shooting match together Smiley

My effort for Vol.3 will be 'Friends' methinks! I'm going to start work on it tomorrow night  Cool

PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2006, 01:04:54 PM »

I've got it on almost non-stop...I think it's great listening. (very talented bunch on this board)

wonderphil
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2006, 04:14:48 PM »

While yer at it...

Don't forget to complete your collection
with 'the new' Volume 1, as well...

I recently re-mastered the whole CD and I swapped
my original submission "Summertime Rules", with the
slightly shorter instrumental version "State of Mind"...

I think it's a better representation of my composition
and it feels like it 'sits better' with the other tracks...

So, 'the new' Volume 1 is the definitive version and an
all-round better sounding disc well worth downloading...

Peace,

BP
20to20

PS - Check out the package artwork, too...
I have plans to tie in Volume 3 so that
the trilogy reflects a little bit of the vibe
of the 80's album arc from King Crimson... Wink

{Discipline/Beat/Three of a Perfect Pair}
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 04:22:26 PM by wonderphil » Logged
matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2006, 05:25:32 AM »

I can't seem to download it, I clicked on the demonoid link but it wouldn't work and neither would the other one, i'm very slow when it comes to technology so if anyone can offer any simple instructions I would be supremely grateful.
I want to submit something for volume 3 but I would like to have a listen to some stuff first!

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
Ken.W
Honored Guest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2006, 10:00:55 AM »

Matt, this may sound like a really stupid question, but .. have you got a bittorrent client installed?

If you need any help, just pm me or email me or Myspace me.

Ken.

STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2006, 02:00:31 PM »

I know it's a bit late but now it's just impossible to download it, there's no activity at all...
Any chance somebody feels like seeding? 

Thanks in advance,
STE

wonderphil
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2006, 12:18:09 AM »

If someone would be willing to upload the CDs
in some way other than bittorrent, let me know...

I'll send 'masters' of the CDs...

Perhaps a vote should be taken on the
preferred method/format of up/download...?

Any interest...?

Bob
20to20
wind chime
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2006, 06:14:26 PM »

You know...I really think the opinion that ".mp3 does not do the music justice" is technically fair but also depriving us of a wider audience...if they really want the best quality, then they can get a CD, but for now, I would love to hear the other artists tracks. And .mp3 is the best way to go for that right now...

Afro
wc

Watcher of the skies...watcher of all...
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2006, 06:42:20 PM »

Agreed as hell.  I keep saying this, but my comp. is a piece of ass and can't handle torrents. I only got 128 MB of RAM, and a motherboard with no more room.

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx