gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680722 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 07:54:11 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Family members onstage at BB shows  (Read 2533 times)
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 19, 2015, 05:29:57 PM »

What were the earliest documented incidents? Audree was brought onstage at some 70s shows, but this never happened at any point with Murry, right? Or maybe at some early shows that are unknown? How about other family members (Zeppo Wilson included)...
Dave in KC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 04:55:44 PM »

I've told this story here a while back. Bruce's then wife came out to help sing FFF in 2002 at a show I saw. When they met eyes (she came from behind him) I was close enough to read her lips saying, "Hi baby" as they hugged.

Yes it was BA, not FFF she came out and sang along. I stand corrected.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 04:33:53 PM by Dave in KC » Logged
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 12:17:52 AM »

If you count family members-to-be, December 1963.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Bill M
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 08:17:25 AM »

Not an early incident by any means, but I'll just throw it out there:  When I saw the band at the Nassau Coliseum in Long Island in early September of 1976, just after the opening act (The Cate Brothers) were done, a whole bunch of folding chairs were set up on stage at the side.  Just before the BB came on, a bunch of older looking folk, including Audree, who were all dressed up, walked up & sat in the chairs.  I thought it a bit odd to see these people, assuming they were relatives, coming to an east coast gig to see the Boys.  Dennis brought Audree out to take a bow during the show.
astroray
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 08:38:10 AM »

When talking with Al Jardine after a 70's show in Atlanta, he said he didn't like family members on stage. Earlier that night, the most beautiful family member ever in the BB world had gotten on stage, up front and sang during the FFF encore, I loved it, AL didn't! Oh yeah , it was Karen Lamm!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 05:03:41 PM by astroray » Logged

Cook pork throughly
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 12:25:24 PM »

For the last few years, The Beach Boy's (Mike, Bruce, Touring Guys) families have come on stage during Barbara Ann. Well… I assume it's their families; I don't know who else they'd be. When I saw them at Ravinia in August 2014, they played a great show, with a great setlist, with deep cuts included, but when they burst into Barbara Ann it kind've killed that mood… Oh well… It is a catchy song to dance and sing along to! God, I wonder when the last time Mike Love's Beach Boys played a full concert without Barbara Ann?!?
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2015, 12:39:18 PM »

They can do that starting TODAY and I won't mind.  That song deserves to go on a LONG vacation.  Or, better yet, for those who just LOVE it...find a group called The Regents.  Let *T H E M* sing it and 'Beach Boys' family members go up on stage and sing it with *T H E M* instead.  Then both Al and I will both be happy.  Fred Fassert would have approved.  Barbara-Ann too.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 12:41:24 PM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2015, 04:20:04 AM »

Ambha Love sang Sail on Sailor pre-Graduation day. Kinda good.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Bill30022
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2015, 03:32:40 PM »

I believe that there is a picture in the 15BO gatefold from a concert (presumably 1975)  of little kids on stage around a microphone.  Carnie is one of them.
Nicko1234
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2015, 03:43:08 PM »

Did Maureen Love appear on stage in the early days?
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2015, 04:00:06 PM »

I saw Karen Lamm-Wilson onstage in 1978 singing background vocals during the encore.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2015, 04:45:37 PM »

A very young Matt Jardine playing the congas in the same year.
Vernon Surfer
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't fight the sea

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2015, 05:27:05 PM »

What were the earliest documented incidents? Audree was brought onstage at some 70s shows, but this never happened at any point with Murry, right? Or maybe at some early shows that are unknown? How about other family members (Zeppo Wilson included)...
Just for the record, I never was onstage with the Beach Boys.
Zeppo

Make waves, not love
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx