gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680770 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 10:17:45 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Al Jardine as a guitarist.  (Read 15018 times)
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2015, 11:06:13 AM »

Another tune where Al has traditionally played a dominant guitar part onstage: "Don't Worry Baby" (the middle break). It might be pushing it to call this a "solo", but it's definitely a "break", where the lead guitar is turned up to play those loud rhythmic stabs. Al can be seen taking this part at the 1981 Long Beach show, and in 1995 I was about ten feet from the band when they did this song, and witnessed Al taking that part while Carl continued strumming the basic rhythm part on his guitar.

Side question: am I imagining this, or do I recall reading that David Marks plays this part on record and that Brian asked him back into the studio to play this part even after he'd otherwise parted ways with the live band?

As far as I know, Dave has been quotied as saying he "thinks" he might have played that part on the record...if you can provide a source for the above detail, I'd love to read it! Incidentally, when Dave joined Mike & Bruce and company for their Grand Island, NE show in late summer 2011, he played that part with a vengence, throwing in a Townshend-like windmill or two for good measure!
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx