gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 04:03:40 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Animals and pets in the Beach Boys universe  (Read 3944 times)
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2015, 12:50:19 PM »

What pets were the BBs known to have had over the years, and what do we know about them?
What were there lifespans, and were they found on the streets or acquired from stores/shelters?
Spayed/neutered or not? Could Brian have turned a dog cone collar into a percussive musical instrument during the SMiLE era?

Some that come to mind:

-Banana and Louie
-Carl Wilson's Irish Setter, Shannon
-Was Wrinkles an actual dog?
-The goats/camels/etc on the Pet Sounds LP cover
-Murry's mynah bird
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 12:54:33 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 01:24:44 PM »

Stuffed koala bear in County Fair.

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 01:27:51 PM »

Smokin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
wantsomecorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 01:46:25 PM »

http://crackatyourlove.tumblr.com/post/96691541363/al-jardine-is-the-cutest-old-man-ive-ever-seen

I've always liked this story.

On our way through this "backstage" maze, Bruce joined up with the group and said hello, singing "It Never Rains in Southern California" and joking with some of the older ladies. I'm not sure if they knew he was a Beach Boy or simply an enthusiastic elderly gay gentleman.
ash
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 02:21:13 PM »

In an interview in the 90s for a British mag (?) which focused on the Paley/Wilson sessions and Mike's Brit fag attack on High Lama Sean, Brian mentioned that he had once had monkeys and they threw tihS everywhere. Wish i could find that mag...it was a classic Brianism.
Slow In Brain
Smiley Smile Associate

Rainbow Eyes

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 04:32:58 AM »

Mid 90s' Brian had a parrot called Sweetie

"When the time comes an American can't tell the truth because the Government doesn't, that's the time to give the country back to the Indians, if they'll have it." - Sam Holland

"What draws us all closer and makes us all care. Is not what we have, but the things that we share." - Jill Wolf
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2015, 06:37:23 AM »

There is a photo of Al with a cat. Ca. early 70s. Also, thanks for the link, Mr. corn!

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Jukka
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2015, 09:45:13 AM »

Little bird up in a tree.

"Surfing and cars were okay but there was a war going on."
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2015, 10:11:13 AM »

Al was picking a fight with a goat in the 1976 televison special. I'm guessing the goat won.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2015, 10:11:53 AM »

In an interview in the 90s for a British mag (?) which focused on the Paley/Wilson sessions and Mike's Brit fag attack on High Lama Sean, Brian mentioned that he had once had monkeys and they threw tihS everywhere. Wish i could find that mag...it was a classic Brianism.

What's this about Mike's attack on High Llamas? I don't think I've heard that before. Link to a thread or article about it?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2015, 10:18:46 AM »

-Carl Wilson's Irish Setter, Shannon

IIRC, Carl had two Samoyeds, and Shannon was one of them. Henry Gross had an Irish Setter with the same name.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2015, 10:20:39 AM »

What's this about Mike's attack on High Llamas? I don't think I've heard that before. Link to a thread or article about it?

The llama stole Mike's hat. Mike sued.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2015, 10:22:13 AM »

Al was picking a fight with a goat in the 1976 televison special. I'm guessing the goat won.
Only because Al got bored. And he likes animals all  the same.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2015, 10:24:25 AM »

Also, there was a cute picture of Al holding koala as baby.

metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2015, 01:31:36 AM »

Dennis once owned an Asian otter in the mid-sixties which he trained and tamed to be friendly.

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
Cliff1000uk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2015, 01:50:15 AM »

I'm sure this was Uncut which had the picture of Brian on a piano in just his swimming trunks on the front cover. I have this at home so could scan it into the media section tomorrow if anyone is interested.

I've just finished the Scott Wilson book and he said that their home became a zoo as Dennis would bring back animals every time he went fishing. He also mentioned they had a monkey that Dennis put in a nappy and two otters, one of which escaped from the house and hid under the bonnet of Dennis' car. You can imagine what happened the following morning and the remaining otter was taken to the zoo as it stopped eating.
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2015, 06:47:00 PM »

Al has horses at Big Sur as I recall,  and let's not forget those mud puppies in the Stamos family hot tub.  Shocked
Jason Penick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2015, 10:26:57 PM »

There's a picture of Dennis from the Ed Roach POB photo shoot of him chilling on the beach with a dog-- maybe a setter or a hound of some sort.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 10:28:25 PM by Jason Penick » Logged

SUICIDE
It only makes things worse. You can't solve anything by killing yourself. I mean, things can only get better, but if you're dead, they may not. -- Brian Wilson
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx